Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Opposition to natural hair--the older generation?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Opposition to natural hair--the older generation?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 5 Votes, Average 2.60  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
EPITOME View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EPITOME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 25 2012 at 8:47pm
my grandmother has never had a relaxer...her hair does not curl...but it's not kinky. i dont know how to even describe it but she can just easily run a comb through her hair.
Sponsored Links

BoutThatLife View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BoutThatLife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 25 2012 at 9:20pm
One of my cousins is 4 something natural and she gets so much shade.they stay giving her beauty shop references and asking her when she plans on getting those naps done.they tell her she won't be able to get a man.
niecy View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote niecy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 25 2012 at 9:25pm
I've gotten shade from my mom as far as trying to go natural and she's not even that old. If I have so much as a little bit of new growth she's quick to say I need to hurry up and slap a relaxer in my head. Other than that I don't think I've ever really heard any of the older members of my family speak negatively about being natural.
blaquefoxx View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blaquefoxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 25 2012 at 9:45pm
Yea, I went to grandmas over the weekend and this was the first time I wore my lil fro out since my BC in October (put in senegelese twists after the BC) and she seen me and was like "Well...what happened there"Stern Smile

My mom went apesh!t when I did the bc though. She asked why I didn't wait for her to come home so she could talk me out of it lol
510QUEEN View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 510QUEEN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 25 2012 at 9:55pm
My momma gloated over my head and told me she shaped it perfectly. She perms maybe 2 times a year if that
ImThatDiva View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ImThatDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 25 2012 at 10:05pm
People in my family don't care. It's just hair. My mother thought it was cool that I went natural. My oldest sister went natural back when she was in high school and no one said anything about it as far as bad is concerned.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic