Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Opposition to natural hair--the older generation?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Opposition to natural hair--the older generation?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 5 Votes, Average 2.60  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
bebe88 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bebe88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 25 2012 at 7:19pm
My mom went natural in 07, I used to clown her....I have been natural for 2 years now LOL.
Sponsored Links

SoutherNtellect View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SoutherNtellect Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 25 2012 at 7:27pm
my mother knows her children do what they wanna do 
gabi03 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote gabi03 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 25 2012 at 7:38pm
My mom and dad were all for going natural. My mom is saying she will probably go natural soon, but she still thinks only those with "good hair" should do it, if you don't have it then you need to toss a texturizer on it.
newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote newdiva1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 25 2012 at 7:54pm
my mom was natural when I was lil now she's not.  she's has nothing against it. she just feels ...been there done that.
carolina cutie View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote carolina cutie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 25 2012 at 8:02pm
Mom was against it at first but ended up BCing before I did. Dad didn't like it until it grew out. Aunts don't like it, uncles aren't against it/don't care. They all wore their hair natural and big when they were younger which makes me raise an eyebrow lol.

*Fluffs out naps with pride*

greenttby View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenttby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 25 2012 at 8:03pm
My mother is the reason why I am semi relaxed, but now she is anti relaxer.. But not really feeling kinky hair either. She covers or presses her natural hair. I'm like so why did you keep me in a beauty shop seat all my teen life?
greenttby View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenttby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 25 2012 at 8:04pm
My grandmother said no one should walk around with a nappy head.
newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newdiva1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 25 2012 at 8:07pm
my gramma tho.....if your hair got any kind of 4b kink u need your hair did.  she can't stand my aunts ....what are those ...skinny locs, queeny locs? iono but my gramma can't stand them.
Quiann00 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quiann00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 25 2012 at 8:19pm
Originally posted by nitabug nitabug wrote:

My mom was against, then she went natural herself later.

The exact damn thing my mother did. When I started my natural hair journey and tried to get her to join me, she talked about how she "did that already" in reference to wearing natural hair and afros. Now she's walking around here with a twi and a line-up, swearing that she would never put another relaxer in her hair.
bebe88 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bebe88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 25 2012 at 8:44pm
My Granny just went natural a few months ago....
:-D
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions
The Haircare Solution for Locs and Twists
DHT Blocker System