| browneyez4548 wrote:|
I'm researching different laptops and I've narrowed it down to either a Sony or a Mac
Which would you recommend? I know "apple-heads" will auto say "mac"...but why? What makes it better? Is Sony an equal competition?
Also, has anyone had any experience with Lenevo? I see that listed in the top 5 on many websites, but I have never met anyone with one? Lol
This will be my 4th laptop
Idk why they don't like me, but they all seem to die in 2 years max
I just want a laptop that will love me forever
...or last long enough for me to get tired of it
Honestly most of the laptop out on the market wasn't built to last but to help you keep one running for years to come, it all boils down to maintenance.
1. clean the vents and inside the machine monthly. Dust buildup burns out the fan causing the laptop to overheat. By keep the vent and ducts clear of dust, you machine will last longer.
2. Schedule weekly or even daily virus scans.
3. Install Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and update it daily and run the app daily if possible. Also learn to run in safe mode.
4. Don't drop the machine at all or use it in a manner that may cause it to fall in a manner. Even if you drop it from two feet, you just shorten the lifespan of the machine.
5. Avoid downloading sketchy programs, "music" or "movie" files.
6. up for debate but run the disk cleaner and disk defrag at least once a month.
I don't have any clear favorite on brand of laptops but I am partial to Toshibas. I had a Lenovo but it crapped out on me after two years and I spent a pretty penny on it. *shrugs* Lenovo used to be good but I can't vouch for them anymore. I heard that Asus are pretty good machines.