Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Opinions/Personal experiences needed (laptops)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
browneyez4548 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote browneyez4548 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 04 2013 at 11:14am
Damn 2007???? Was that a typo melikey??  If not, I think I'm sold Cry
Sponsored Links

melikey View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote melikey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 04 2013 at 11:18am
Yep. 07... got it the year I bought my house.
laredbaby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote laredbaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 04 2013 at 11:21am
I agree don't get an HP!! 

I've had a Sony Vaio before within a year something went wrong with the hard drive. Which can cost a few dollars to get fixed. The labtop was alrite. 

I currently have a Toshiba and it works great however the speakers are on the weak side. I've actually dropped my laptop a couple of times hehe but it works just fine. My dad still has his super old Toshiba that had the swivel screen and it still works just out of date. 

I've hear that Lenevo is a really durable laptop. I've seen plenty of college students come to class with it. 

But when I do graduate and get my "big girl job" I do plan on getting an iMac. 
Alias_Avi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Alias_Avi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 04 2013 at 11:21am
I want this convertible touch-screen Acer

carolina cutie View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carolina cutie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 04 2013 at 12:15pm
I have a sony vaio and it works great. 2 years old and I love it.

Had a Toshiba...bish went to the blue screen of death the second time I turned it on and was fcuked up until I got rid of it. Stay away from Toshiba.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote browneyez4548 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 04 2013 at 12:52pm

I like the convertible, but I've always been reluctant to touch toshibas or Acers...everyone I know who has had one...hates it LOL

india100 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote india100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 04 2013 at 12:52pm
Originally posted by Alias_Avi Alias_Avi wrote:

I want this convertible touch-screen Acer

Please read the reviews on HSN before you purchase .

Share this review

"Not a good deal" "Tablet is very slow. Touch screen does not always work. Big problem installing software. Cook n recipe organizer does not work. After calling & e-mailing numerous people, they still can get it to work. I have not tried the other programs. Not worth the price." =>
  • Email
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Disappointed
    TM-AZ
    AZ
    Review Date:

I'm so disappointed with this tablet. The WIFI on it is so weak, if it works at all. You have to be right next to the router in order for it to work. If I walk to another room, WIFI drops. It defeats the purpose of a portable tablet. All my other electronics work throughout the entire house even on the patio with full bars. The screen quality is OK, nothing special and the keyboard is flimsy. I've bought several electronics from HSN and I've always appreciated the quality but this does not measure

• Edited by india100 - Aug 04 2013 at 12:54pm
    NARSAddict View Drop Down
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote NARSAddict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 07 2013 at 5:17am
    Originally posted by browneyez4548 browneyez4548 wrote:

I'm researching different laptops and I've narrowed it down to either a Sony or a Mac

Which would you recommend? I know "apple-heads" will auto say "mac"...but why? What makes it better? Is Sony an equal competition?

Also, has anyone had any experience with Lenevo? I see that listed in the top 5 on many websites, but I have never met anyone with one? Lol

This will be my 4th laptop Cry Idk why they don't like me, but they all seem to die in 2 years max Cry I just want a laptop that will love me forever CryCry...or last long enough for me to get tired of it LOL

Honestly most of the laptop out on the market wasn't built to last but to help you keep one running for years to come, it all boils down to maintenance. 
    1. clean the vents and inside the machine monthly.  Dust buildup burns out the fan causing the laptop to overheat.  By keep the vent and ducts clear of dust, you machine will last longer.
    2. Schedule weekly or even daily virus scans.
    3. Install Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and update it daily and run the app daily if possible.  Also learn to run in safe mode.
    4. Don't drop the machine at all or use it in a manner that may cause it to fall in a manner.  Even if you drop it from two feet, you just shorten the lifespan of the machine.
    5. Avoid downloading sketchy programs, "music" or "movie" files.
    6. up for debate but run the disk cleaner and disk defrag at least once a month. 

I don't have any clear favorite on brand of laptops but I am partial to Toshibas.  I had a Lenovo but it crapped out on me after two years and I spent a pretty penny on it.  *shrugs*  Lenovo used to be good but I can't vouch for them anymore.  I heard that Asus are pretty good machines.

Elite Member
    Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote browneyez4548 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 26 2013 at 11:44am

I'm trying to purchas my laptop after work today and I'm looking online at some of my options, can someone tell me why the majority of the Macs do not come with CD/DVD drive?  What do you use in place of it? Or is it something that you can add on later?

Elite Member
    Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote browneyez4548 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 26 2013 at 11:46am
    Thank you NARS! I just scrolled up to see your post, hadn't seen it when you posted it. I'll admit, I have done none of those steps until I NEEDED to. Maybe that's why I can't seem to keep a laptop LOL 
    Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
    GreatGlam.com
    Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
    The Elite Hair Care Sorority
    Electric Cherry Hair
    Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
    Human Hair Wigs
    Wefting Training
    Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions
    The Haircare Solution for Locs and Twists
    DHT Blocker System
     Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>