Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Opinions BHM: Too Pretty to Work or Lazy Bimbo?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Opinions BHM: Too Pretty to Work or Lazy Bimbo?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 2.50  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Xamaycana View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Xamaycana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2013 at 12:33am
How can you claim your "beauty" is preventing you from working yet spend 700 GPB per month on hair salons?!   Nevermind, how much she spends on make-up etc.    She looks cheap-more stripperish really
Sponsored Links

GphiD08 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote GphiD08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2013 at 4:21am
Originally posted by BBpants BBpants wrote:

Not with those eyebrows.....

I promise this is the first thing that poped in my headLOLLOLLOL

Bish please GTFOH!!! she is just an average girl and her parents are dumb for not telling her old ass to go get a job 2000 pounds is over 3k a month... I wish I would ask my mom to fund me and to pay a $1k hair bill. Ouch
GphiD08 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GphiD08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2013 at 4:24am
She looks like the Grand high witch (can't remember the movie name)
zolloh View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote zolloh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2013 at 7:29am
I believe it....alot of women in this field have to dress up in less feminine ways to be taken seriously. Im always thrown off and take a 2nd look when i see a lady wearing a skirt and some makeup around the halls coz its rare.

I was "advised" that my "ethnic" earrings are "too ethnic", so i went and bought bigger "ethnic" & more colorful ones,fugg them. Told y'all academia is the most sexist and racist field there is
babycakebabe View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote babycakebabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2013 at 7:52am
She could have complained to HR then sued or found a job in a more gender-diverse office, I guess. All I know for sure is that if you straighten one person out, the very first time that they come for you inappropriately, it makes things slightly less horrible when working in a pervy, overheaded & thirsty male dominated office.

I do think that the article opens a dialogue on how prevalent sexual harassment is in the workplace. Most women have expereinced it in some form (hostile environment, sexual notes, unwanted gifts, innuendos, comments etc).

Keep in mind that women were primarily 'office girls' up until the 80s in USA and probably in UK too, but I dont know about UK offices, and there are a whole lot of men that want to keep the 'office girl' climate going. It still exists in Japan etc. You may have the same title as men, but you are still their eyecandy and accessible to them and do not have a voice and are expected to smile, flirt and allow the advancesOuch

Edited by babycakebabe - May 23 2013 at 7:58am
AwesomeAries View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote AwesomeAries Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2013 at 7:59am
purpulicious01 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote purpulicious01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2013 at 8:14am

man, I feel her pain! This is the story of my life. I've been blessed with an insanely ridiculous amount of beauty (God is good), that it's been sooo hard for me to even function or to be a productive citizen in society.

The thirst is out of this world, like seriously, yall have nooo idea.

I can't even go to restaurants anymore. The male waiters are constantly drooling aaaalll over me, trying to hook up, and take me home with them 24/7. I'm like "Dang bruh! Yall really need to back it up. I asked for a burger, not booty." It's gotten so bad, I've been thinking about taking an invisibility cloak with me everytime I step outside.

So my heart goes out to her.

The struggle is real in these streets.

Edited by purpulicious01 - May 23 2013 at 8:55am
.hott.pink. View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .hott.pink. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2013 at 8:18am
...she's only 33? I came in this thread thinking she was 45 at LEAST.

And she's most DEFINITELY not that pretty.  Maybe by British standards.
Limalady View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Limalady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2013 at 8:25am
She is pretty, but tons of pretty women work. She should claim her privilege. Pretty women are paid more and promoted quicker. 
iBetYouhNvNika View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote iBetYouhNvNika Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2013 at 8:30am
I thought she was 40 ....
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
  Share Topic