Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

opinions/advice? career related

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 11>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 14 Votes, Average 3.29  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
WadadliQueen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote WadadliQueen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 04 2012 at 8:23pm
Southern are you matching for 2013? If yes I would say just stick it through and do what you can to get a Psychiatry residency. Even if you think you want to do option B. I believe it is too late now to into any programs atleast not for the January semester. So in the meantime while finishing med school, apply to programs to do the Psychology route whether you have to do undergrad courses or you can get into a Masters program for next year.

In the end just do what you think it's best and would leave you content.

The most difficult and aggravating question to date in my life was when I finished undergrad and everyone kept asking me, "So what are your plans now?" It isn't such an easy decision to make on what to do next with your life. There are times I still wonder if I made the right choice.
Sponsored Links

SoutherNtellect View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SoutherNtellect Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 04 2012 at 8:23pm
Originally posted by EPITOME EPITOME wrote:

Originally posted by SoutherNtellect SoutherNtellect wrote:

Originally posted by EPITOME EPITOME wrote:

i honestly wish i had gone to an HBCU for undergrad..i would probably be in med school instead of law school tbh. that was my original goal. but my dad doesn't like HBCUsCry

white folk dont have the interests of black ppl out here. if there is a black dean, i advise a black student to seek them.

the AA director in Multicultural Affairs said the same as the others. My heart needs to be in and it doesn't sound like it is. (I know her pretty well, I've done her summer programs since I was in middle school and she went to college with my parents)''Ouch

hmmm....that is telling.

how long do you have to go?

1.5 years.
not long, but you've seen my posts in VIP random thoughts. I don't know if i can make it
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SoutherNtellect Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 04 2012 at 8:27pm
Originally posted by WadadliQueen WadadliQueen wrote:

Southern are you matching for 2013? If yes I would say just stick it through and do what you can to get a Psychiatry residency. Even if you think you want to do option B. I believe it is too late now to into any programs atleast not for the January semester. So in the meantime while finishing med school, apply to programs to do the Psychology route whether you have to do undergrad courses or you can get into a Masters program for next year.

In the end just do what you think it's best and would leave you content.

The most difficult and aggravating question to date in my life was when I finished undergrad and everyone kept asking me, "So what are your plans now?" It isn't such an easy decision to make on what to do next with your life. There are times I still wonder if I made the right choice.

that's the thing. i dont want to regret anything
are you happy with what you do now?
india100 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote india100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 04 2012 at 8:28pm
I would finish after all the hard work and money you have put into you degree . Do you like working with children or seniors ? They are the growing epidemic regarding mental Health issues . You should really follow your heart . If you have little interest in hands on contact , Please choose another route . GL.
WadadliQueen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote WadadliQueen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 04 2012 at 8:29pm
I'm just frustrated and wonder if what I'm doing is right to me but I think I'm afraid of dissapointing people the most.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SoutherNtellect Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 04 2012 at 8:32pm
Originally posted by india100 india100 wrote:

I would finish after all the hard work and money you have put into you degree . Do you like working with children or seniors ? They are the growing epidemic regarding mental Health issues . You should really follow your heart . If you have little interest in hands on contact , Please choose another route . GL.

i want to work with adolescents and young adults. minority and underprivileged 

Originally posted by WadadliQueen WadadliQueen wrote:

I'm just frustrated and wonder if what I'm doing is right to me but I think I'm afraid of dissapointing people the most.
im afraid of disappointing my dad. everyone in the fam did something big. dentists, doctors, and my sis - the lawyer

Edited by SoutherNtellect - Dec 04 2012 at 8:33pm
nycdiva357 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nycdiva357 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 04 2012 at 9:10pm
too many pages..and i can't read..

so forgive me if you have answered this already...

but do you genuinely not like what you are doing right now?

or is this just b/c its finals time?

basically is this a constant feeling--or is this something that you are just going through now?

sorry you're feeling down boo!
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SoutherNtellect Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 04 2012 at 9:14pm
Originally posted by nycdiva357 nycdiva357 wrote:

too many pages..and i can't read..

so forgive me if you have answered this already...

but do you genuinely not like what you are doing right now?

or is this just b/c its finals time?

basically is this a constant feeling--or is this something that you are just going through now?

sorry you're feeling down boo!

genuine and constant! lol
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote SoutherNtellect Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 04 2012 at 9:20pm
well, i've talked to mom, dad, sister, best friend, other best friend, and bhm. LOL
I'm going to sleep on everything that was said, pray to baby jesus, and make a decision tomorrow.

thank you again  
FarraFace View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FarraFace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 04 2012 at 10:21pm
B
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 11>