Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

(OPEN!) Before and After Photo Challenge 2012!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1617181920 23>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
Fashionista922 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fashionista922 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2012 at 1:28pm
Originally posted by ilong2b ilong2b wrote:

Fashionista and Challengers
I will donate a prize to the winner of this challenge - (as long as it is judged fairly!!!)  I will design and make  the winner a personalized rhinestone t-shirt and ship it to them.  Heck I may even do a matching tote bag. Wink

Fashionista - because this is your challenge - I think you should design the logo for the shirt. Smile  I'd like to work on the design in August (have too much work to do it now). 

I love to see inspirational pictures of ladies on their journeys and those who have successfully completed one leg of a journey and are on to the next.  So if donating some merchandise will keep the pictures coming - I am very happy to do so!!

Fashionista - this is your party - so you decide.

Sorry it took me so long to respond! I have been so busy with my job! But this sounds like a great idea and if you want to send the winners some merchandise that's not a problem with me!
I'm not sure how I would create the logo since I don't have the software at home, only at work. But if you wanna design a few and then I can pick my favorite that works too.Smile
Sponsored Links

CandyHugglez View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CandyHugglez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 31 2012 at 5:02pm
Update: I started back co washing with my Suave Almond and Shea Butter conditioner on Wednesdays and still have the same reggie for Sunday. I have also included Bee Mine growth serum once every other day or when my scalp needs some oil. I have found my staple styling products for a banging twistout or curly afro and that is with water, Summit Liv and IC Fantasia gel or Eco Styler Olive Oil gel. Actually, I like the Eco Styler Olive Oil gel better than the Eco Styler Argan Oil gel. But anyway, I am now 15 months post relaxer and 9 months post BC and I am going through the awkward phase with my hair. The top part is longer than my back and sides. But my hair shrinks a lot in the center and the back. And the top it just stands straight up. You can tell from the last picture I posted a few pages back. So I am hoping this awkward phase passes quickly because now I have a lopsided 'fro! 
misscovergirl90 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote misscovergirl90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 01 2012 at 6:58pm

I will make one year natural next month... yay!
doayoade View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doayoade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 05 2012 at 6:19pm
My hair has been in Senegalese twists for a couple of weeks now. I'll be taking them down this weekend and relaxing in two weeks. 
Fashionista922 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fashionista922 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 22 2012 at 12:10pm
Just checking in! I have been hiding my hair for almost 10 weeks straight. I have the dreaded task of taking down all of my braid extensions this week for my hair appointment next Sunday. I'm getting it braided again and keeping it up for another 10 weeks.

Won't be flatironing again until the last week of September.
ilong2b View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ilong2b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 22 2012 at 1:07pm
Originally posted by Fashionista922 Fashionista922 wrote:

Originally posted by ilong2b ilong2b wrote:

Fashionista and Challengers
I will donate a prize to the winner of this challenge - (as long as it is judged fairly!!!)  I will design and make  the winner a personalized rhinestone t-shirt and ship it to them.  Heck I may even do a matching tote bag. Wink

Fashionista - because this is your challenge - I think you should design the logo for the shirt. Smile  I'd like to work on the design in August (have too much work to do it now). 

I love to see inspirational pictures of ladies on their journeys and those who have successfully completed one leg of a journey and are on to the next.  So if donating some merchandise will keep the pictures coming - I am very happy to do so!!

Fashionista - this is your party - so you decide.

Sorry it took me so long to respond! I have been so busy with my job! But this sounds like a great idea and if you want to send the winners some merchandise that's not a problem with me!
I'm not sure how I would create the logo since I don't have the software at home, only at work. But if you wanna design a few and then I can pick my favorite that works too.Smile

Sorry took so long to respond - I was looking for this thread. (I forgot the title).  Designing takes so long - so to design a couple would require too much time  A simple design is ideal (words and graphic only if it is simple).   Maybe use BAP as acronym for Before and After Photo in a design. 
(I will donate the shirt or bag - but winners will need to pay shipping.)

BHM members any ideas ? I am sure there is a professional artistic professional on this forum who has an idea for the logo? 
PRnena View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PRnena Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 22 2012 at 1:22pm
Can I still post my beforre pic from january ?
PRnena View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PRnena Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 22 2012 at 1:25pm
Nvm. I saw the OP
corenybay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corenybay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 27 2012 at 9:17pm
I have had really good hair growth with wigs and braids. Sooo happy. Will try and take picture.
< style="height: 80px; width: 444px; border-top-color: rgba7, 0, 0, 0; border-left-color: rgba7, 0, 0, 0; border-right-color: rgba7, 0, 0, 0; border-bottom-color: rgba7, 0, 0, 0; border-top-width: 1px; border-left-width: 1px; border-right-width: 1px; border-bottom-width: 1px; border-top-style: solid; border-left-style: solid; border-right-style: solid; border-bottom-style: solid; padding-top: 2px; padding-right: 2px; padding-bottom: 2px; padding-left: 2px">< value="af">Afrikaans< value="sq">Albanian< value="ar">Arabic< value="hy">Armenian< value="az">Azerbaijani< value="eu">Basque< value="be">Belarusian< value="bg">Bulgarian< value="ca">Catalan< value="zh-CN">Chinese (Simplified)< value="zh-TW">Chinese (Traditional)< value="hr">Croatian< value="cs">Czech< value="da">Danish< value="auto" ed="ed">Detect language< value="nl">Dutch< value="en">English< value="et">Estonian< value="tl">Filipino< value="fi">Finnish< value="fr">French< value="gl">Galician< value="ka">Georgian< value="de">German< value="el">Greek< value="ht">Haitian Creole< value="iw">Hebrew< value="hi">Hindi< value="hu">Hungarian< value="is">Icelandic< value="id">Indonesian< value="ga">Irish< value="it">Italian< value="ja">Japanese< value="ko">Korean< value="la">Latin< value="lv">Latvian< value="lt">Lithuanian< value="mk">Macedonian< value="ms">Malay< value="mt">Maltese< value="no">Norwegian< value="fa">Persian< value="pl">Polish< value="pt">Portuguese< value="ro">Romanian< value="ru">Russian< value="sr">Serbian< value="sk">Slovak< value="sl">Slovenian< value="es">Spanish< value="sw">Swahili< value="sv">Swedish< value="th">Thai< value="tr">Turkish< value="uk">Ukrainian< value="ur">Urdu< value="vi">Vietnamese< value="cy">Welsh< value="yi">Yiddish< value="af">Afrikaans< value="sq">Albanian< value="ar">Arabic< value="hy">Armenian< value="az">Azerbaijani< value="eu">Basque< value="be">Belarusian< value="bg">Bulgarian< value="ca">Catalan< value="zh-CN">Chinese (Simplified)< value="zh-TW">Chinese (Traditional)< value="hr">Croatian< value="cs">Czech< value="da">Danish< value="nl">Dutch< value="en">English< value="et">Estonian< value="tl">Filipino< value="fi">Finnish< value="fr">French< value="gl">Galician< value="ka">Georgian< value="de">German< value="el">Greek< value="ht">Haitian Creole< value="iw">Hebrew< value="hi">Hindi< value="hu">Hungarian< value="is">Icelandic< value="id">Indonesian< value="ga">Irish< value="it">Italian< value="ja">Japanese< value="ko" ed="ed">Korean< value="la">Latin< value="lv">Latvian< value="lt">Lithuanian< value="mk">Macedonian< value="ms">Malay< value="mt">Maltese< value="no">Norwegian< value="fa">Persian< value="pl">Polish< value="pt">Portuguese< value="ro">Romanian< value="ru">Russian< value="sr">Serbian< value="sk">Slovak< value="sl">Slovenian< value="es">Spanish< value="sw">Swahili< value="sv">Swedish< value="th">Thai< value="tr">Turkish< value="uk">Ukrainian< value="ur">Urdu< value="vi">Vietnamese< value="cy">Welsh< value="yi">Yiddish
English (auto-detected) » Korean

bizchick86 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bizchick86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 28 2012 at 4:42pm
Hey peeps,

Had a slight setback since my last length check. Namely, uhh, I retained none of my new growth! I don't know if it was the sizing of the pic, but I tried to match it and my hair looks the same from May to July!

I've been wigging with my 3/4 wig, and had a full wig in between that, so it's been in a protective style. The only way this breakage could be possible is that it happened from a bad press. I pressed it out at a salon soon after the May pic (on the left) and then weaved it up. The press reverted immediately, so I'm thinking my hair was either too dry or they used some sort of humectant product that soaked up all the air's humidity. 

Either way, I decided to protective style it for the rest of the year so, drum roll please.......I bought my first batch of BoBraz ever! Literally, like two minutes ago. All the BoBraz pron on BHM and youtube had me fiending, so this way I don't have to press my leave out. I'll post up pics after that install. 

I only pressed it because I like to post pics for a length check. But to prevent any further mishaps, I'll only be stretching out my natural hair like in the pics below for a length check. 

Oh, and I detangled like a son of a gun after taking down my 3/4 wig yesterday. Felt good to let my naps breathe. That glycerin/water mix is like butter and a lil ACV/baking soda clarifying treatment did me pretty good. 

Happy growing ladies!!

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1617181920 23>