Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

(OPEN!) Before and After Photo Challenge 2012!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 23>

Bootiful Cream

Author
Fashionista922 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fashionista922 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: (OPEN!) Before and After Photo Challenge 2012!
    Posted: Nov 24 2011 at 5:16pm
This is the Official 2012 Before and After Photo Contest and Challenge!
I wanted to do a brand new Challenge in here. One of my favorite things about BHM is that I love seeing inspirational photos from everyone (regardless of length, texture, etc.) who has made phenomenal progress with proper hair care. So the purpose of this challenge is to inspire all and encourage you to make a changeStar
Anyone at any length/ texture can join. At the end of the challenge we will post our pictures and you guys can PM me your votes for your favorite in each category. From there I'll announce the Top 5 in each category, put the photos into a poll, and we'll choose the winner. (That way, the voting can be open to all who choose to vote)

A winner will be chosen in each of the following categories:

1. Most Inspirational Growth/ Retention
This person is the one who we feel retains the most length during the challenge while maintaining their hair's health.

2. Most Improved Ends
Are your ends in need of TLC? Start babying them and doing more frequent trims and maybe you can be the winner in this category!

Most Improved Overall Hair Health
Got relaxer damage?Ouch BreakageCry? Show us! Turn it around and compete to be the winner of Most Improved Overall Hair Health!

RULES:
1) You must have a recent starting photo posted by December 31, 2011 and you must chose which category you want to compete in at that time. Feel free to talk about your regimen and what your expectations are in 2012.

2) Honesty is the best policy!Geek  Ya heard!? 
I recommend that you choose a room in your house and shirt or bra and stick with it during the entire challenge so we can see accurate results.
I honestly think the challengers with the cleanest pictures have a better chance of winning.

3) You can only compete in one category. I did this so that we could have many winners.
Three 1st Place winners will be chosen along with 4 runner-ups in each category (basically a Top 5).
So that's 15 BHM members that will be recognized at the end of the challenge for their hard work!
Clap
4) Check in with us as much as possible. At least 1-2x per month.
5) Choose whatever regimen works for you depending on what your hair likes. Use heat. Don't use heat. We don't care.LOL We just wanna see the pics of your progress!

Fine Print.. About the challenge:
-Challenge is 1 year long and start's Jan 1, 2012 and ends December 15, 2012.
-At the end of the challenge: you must post your final Before and After photos between December 1st 2012 and December 15, 2012 to be eligible. Format of photos is TBD. Voting will take place the last two weeks of 2012. PM your nominees to me December 16th- 22nd 2012. Final polls will take place December 23rd -30th 2012 and will end at 8pm PST.
I'll remind you of all of this information later on since it's 1 year away, don't worryWink

SO with that being said.... WHO's in?!Big smile

Growth Challengers

Thick Ends Challengers

Overall Hair Health Challengers

Edited by Fashionista922 - Nov 24 2011 at 5:22pm
Sponsored Links

.hott.pink. View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .hott.pink. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 24 2011 at 7:05pm
I'm in there like swimwear.

*placeholder post*

I'll be back by December 31 with pictures.  I can't do length pics right now because I'm forbidden to show my length as per the rules of the 6 month protective styling challenge.

I wanna be a growth challenger though, I know that.  Actually, make that overall hair health.

Ok, I changed my mind again.  Back to growth.  I'll do growth.

Edited by .hott.pink. - Nov 24 2011 at 7:09pm
relaxedtresses View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote relaxedtresses Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 26 2011 at 1:47pm
Put me in growth!!!
aNgElIc*SoUl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aNgElIc*SoUl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 26 2011 at 5:03pm
I'm in for #3, hoping to grow out that terrible affirm relaxer.
Side note: Why did I read the fine print all fast like on the commercials?
bizchick86 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bizchick86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 28 2011 at 5:01pm
I'm down for the growth challenge! Hair currently weaved up, so I'll be back when I take this out and relax this month!
cwoman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cwoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 28 2011 at 10:48pm
marking spot---growth challenge. will update in december after i straighten for b-day
Fashionista922 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fashionista922 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 28 2011 at 10:58pm

So here's who we have so far.. I'm not sure if I'm gonna be able to edit the OP?
Hopefully the mod's will decide to give us our permissions back so I can keep the thread going.

Growth Challengers
1.hott.pink.
2. relaxedtresses
3.bizchick86
4.cwoman

Thick Ends Challengers

Overall Hair Health Challengers
1. aNgElIc* SoUl

Edited by Fashionista922 - Nov 28 2011 at 10:59pm
sultrydoll View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sultrydoll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 29 2011 at 5:37am
i'm in for growth. i can't post pics due to the protective style challenge which won't end until the end of the year. Embarrassed
LaLady View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LaLady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 29 2011 at 5:54am
Im in for #1 *first challenge ever*
Will post pics before I will installing my b-day install (dec 24th babey!)
Napp View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Napp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 29 2011 at 6:44am
Im in for the thick ends! my ends currently look a HAM.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarg
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 23>
  Share Topic