Poll Question: ONYC Hair Reviews
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
9 [37.50%]
15 [62.50%]
You can not vote in this poll

ONYC Hair Reviews

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 14 Votes, Average 4.43  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
funkydiva2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote funkydiva2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2014 at 10:29am
TBH, I've worn their relaxed texture in the past.  Its kind of pricey as compared to others.  When I first started wearing, let's say 3-4 years ago, the hair was on point.  Sometime in mid 2012, with the newer batches that I bought something went terribly wrong with the quality of this texture and it started shedding like nobody's business at which point I switched back to Halley's as at least Halley's was cheaper with the same quality product.   Once the owner of Halley's passed away, I finally broke down and started purchasing Extensions Plus and haven't looked back.  Its so worth it to be able to run your fingers through your hair and not have a handful of shedding or have your bathroom floor full of hair everyday.

Sponsored Links

jessicamoore789 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (7) Thanks(7)   Quote jessicamoore789 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 31 2014 at 8:01am
 I chose to purchase from this particular vendor because her prices were the more reasonable and at the time, she had a special that included free shipping Smile
juicifruit89 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote juicifruit89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 31 2014 at 9:35am
Pinch
JNfromNYC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JNfromNYC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 01 2014 at 6:04pm
I literally just received a closure from them. I was going to use it while I repair some damage from straightening but I realized I wouldn't be able to massage & oil my scalp with it on. So, suffice it to say I'm trying to sell it, lol. I'm in the NYC area and if anyone is interested in buying it, let me know. I'm selling it for $100 cash and also have pics/info on a Craigslist add I posted earlier today. I don't know if the link will show but here it is: http://newyork.craigslist.org/brk/hab/4498627692.html

If it doesn't feel free to send me a message.
laradividson999 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote laradividson999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 12 2014 at 5:01am
Big smile
_belle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _belle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 12 2014 at 6:55am
My sister and aunt swear by the onyc relaxed perm. Both of them are relaxed. They bought the hair in wefts and cut them off to use in fusions so I can't attest to their weft integrity. But the hair itself is pretty good.
blkbarbiepink View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blkbarbiepink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 12 2014 at 4:24pm
I purchased Onyc kinky curly 3c/4a back in 2012, and the hair was great! I didn't seal the wefts thought and I tried to make the hair less bushy by using some sheers, which was a mistake. Oh and I also lightened the hair too. Confused But the hair still came out ok. I just want to try the other curly texture that is a little less curly and maybe the closure. Overall I would give the hair a B+ but it could be higher due to the factors I did above.
elianafernandes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote elianafernandes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 31 2014 at 1:18am
Thumbs Up
*Belle*Femme* View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *Belle*Femme* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 06 2014 at 1:30pm
Ive only every purchased their closures and I liked their closures. It matched with my EP relaxed texture. Im looking to make a large purchase from them, but my GOd their prices seemed to have increased over the years. Its been a while since I made a purchase from them. Sheeessshhh.
luvinurhair View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luvinurhair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 07 2014 at 7:51pm
Hi Ladies.

I'm new here but had to give my opinion about ONYC because there are not enough reviews about them.  I tried to research them before making my first purchase in January.  I bought their relaxed perm hair with a closure and when the hair came I was in love.  The texture was so close to my texture when straighten and I was excited for my install.  The hair shed and tangled BAD.  I thought it was because it was so thick so I went ahead and purchased the light relaxed perm for the next install.  Once again, it shed and tangled like crazy.  The texture is dead on and realistic but I just couldn't take the shedding and tangling so I threw all the hair in the trash and they were huge investments. 

I did see the kinky curly hair installed in someone's hair and it was beautiful.  When I asked her about the hair she said she had no problems with it and was on her second install with the same hair. I hope this helps!
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic