FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Only 33 Black Students at UCLA School of Law

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
trudawg View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote trudawg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 13 2014 at 2:13pm
Meh, everyone has their own interpretation of school. However law school is uniquely different in the fact that it's so highly competitive. I socialized with my YT counterparts, but it only goes so far. Sure they invited me to [some of] their social events, I went, and it was just like class. When I invited them to mine, they rarely came, and when they did, they stayed huddled up on one side of the room like a prison yard.
Nare once did I get invited to a study group though. I peeped they would have outlines or answers they got and shared amongst themselves but refrained from sharing with those outside their groups. I recall sharing info I'd found only to have them suck it up with no reciprocation. After that, I went hard by myself, silently got my A&B's and didn't say sh*t beyond hi/bye.

Edited by trudawg - Feb 13 2014 at 2:15pm
Sponsored Links

mommykat View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mommykat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 13 2014 at 3:03pm
Originally posted by trudawg trudawg wrote:

Meh, everyone has their own interpretation of school. However law school
is uniquely different in the fact that it's so highly competitive.

ITA, However, I liked the Nerds Party Scene...
Always, had the good--good... (low key) and helped me with my homework. Good Times...

@ 210---

That--- Michael Jackson Thriller scene is the GOAT... for my age-group.

sexyandfamous View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 13 2014 at 3:59pm
Originally posted by mommykat mommykat wrote:

Originally posted by sexyandfamous sexyandfamous wrote:

This is why I never said much in college...
Always--- had a chair near the door and made a friend or two just for notes etc.

I loved going to office hours to make them feel good about having an AA in the classroom. LOL... (This was so helpful--- thank you, and I was out)

It’s hard to get into a good grad school in Cali… trust...
So I played the game… I don’t need to make friends with everyone in my class. It was all about the money and the end game for me.

I didn't understand that.... how going to office hours made them feel "good" about having you around?
SamoneLenior View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote SamoneLenior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 13 2014 at 4:00pm

not white and I was only a TA

but teachers (that want to be helpful) like when you come by their office and ask for help or show interest in their work

and for what I know about white people they love a "pet black" they can feel they helped in some sort of way
mommykat View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mommykat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 13 2014 at 4:04pm
^^^ Thanks... SL
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 13 2014 at 4:07pm
Originally posted by Marcelo22 Marcelo22 wrote:

When will black people realize nothing u can say or do will influence white's feelings about the whole race. U are not representing for nobody in these damn classrooms or work offices. Stop caring about whites so much. This video was too much. I thought they was getting harassed and spit on like the 1960s. The first dude looked like he was bout to cry. Yall signed up to go to a PWI, u knew the enrollment numbers beforehand.

So true, that was what I meant to say, that you are not a representation of your community, just like the black prison inmate is not a representation of your race. We don't have to prove anything to anyone. If the person has a negative view of your race, nothing you'll do will make them see it different. They will think it was some white peer who invited you to their study group, or a white mentor who showed you how to ace it a test.

When they were complaining about how hard it is to not see another black around, I thought "go to a black college then!" or learn to befriend them. You may find some who will welcome you as their "friend", but you need to watch it to see if the person really wants to be your friend or just wants to be able to say they got a black friend.

Originally posted by trudawg trudawg wrote:

Nare once did I get invited to a study group though. I peeped they would have outlines or answers they got and shared amongst themselves but refrained from sharing with those outside their groups. I recall sharing info I'd found only to have them suck it up with no reciprocation. After that, I went hard by myself, silently got my A&B's and didn't say sh*t beyond hi/bye.

I read a similar review of their white classmates from this black guy from LA who is currently studying in Berkeley... he and the other blacks didn't feel welcome and he said he was never invited to the study groups set up by whites.
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 13 2014 at 4:08pm
Gotcha. So you faked helplessness mommykat/Samone? Did that help you in any way? Or was it so they would be warmer towards you?
mrshairdo View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote mrshairdo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 13 2014 at 4:14pm
personally i suck up to all my professors...this has really benefitted my grades lol
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SamoneLenior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 13 2014 at 4:15pm

no I never faked helplessness lol

I went to a HBCU for undergrad and thankfully the professors cared about me from jump

one even posted an achievement of mine in a local newspaper just because

I only spoke with professors in undergrad and grad school (white, black or other) if I needed help

I was actually pretty stupid by doing that, I should have spoke to all of my professors no matter what and if faking like I needed a little more explanation was needed to get into their office, I should have done that
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SamoneLenior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 13 2014 at 4:16pm

mishairdo you are so smart!

I was wondering why students I knew that were not studying and cheating (poorly at that) were getting As while I was busting my ass for my A or B+

they were in the professor's office all up in their ear

and call it wrong but I would pad the struggling students' grade by a few points if I knew they were trying (e.g., asking for help during class, coming by after class)

not a lot of points though

Edited by SamoneLenior - Feb 13 2014 at 4:17pm
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions
The Haircare Solution for Locs and Twists