Perfect Hair Collection

Forum LockedOn Oprah-Children Left in Car

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
mistyblue729 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Topic: On Oprah-Children Left in Car
    Posted: Aug 10 2004 at 11:49pm

There was a recent topic on leaving children in the car on BHM ( http://www.blackhairmedia.com/Forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=7631 &KW=car), but I just saw this horrendous story on oprah.

http://www.oprah.com/tows/slide/200404/20040423/tows_slide_2 0040423_06.jhtml

The Worst Day of Your Life

Oprah and Roni
Previous
6 of 10
Next

For Roni, the worst day of her life started with a split second decision. With four of her five sons buckled into her minivan, Roni ran into their apartment to drop off a pet before taking the family to dinner. What happened next was a nightmare.

"I was still inside the apartment when I heard someone shout 'Fire, fire!' I realized it was my van on fire, and I thought 'Oh my God, my boys are in there,'" explains Roni.

The worst had happened, and Roni's sons were in a fight for their lives. With all four of her sons severely burned, Roni was inconsolable. She couldn't help but feel that the agony her children suffered was all her fault. "Now I have to shut out some of [their pain] in order to live."

Roni and Oprah
Previous
7 of 10
Next
Two weeks after the accident, Roni decided she had to pull herself together for the sake of her sons. She knew she had to be strong to get her family through it.

Oprah: You woke up and decided you had to stop blaming yourself?

Roni: When a mom sees her child hurt the way my children were hurt, you want to punish yourself. I honestly didn't believe two of them were going to live. I was ready to die too. But I realized the last thing they needed was a sick mom. When I started thinking that way, positive things started happening. When I got better, they got better.

Roni's five sons
Previous
8 of 10
Next

Roni's five sons, Brandon, Jerry Nicholas, Justin, Sean and Josh have all dealt with the accident in their own ways. Brandon, who is eight years old, says he'd like to be a fireman so he can save other people from fires. Six-year-old Justin hopes to become a doctor one day so he can make kids feel better.

Roni says her whole family is ready to stop living the "what if" and live the "what next" instead.

Information on how to help this family.

The youngest son (in the red shirt) (he was a baby when it happened) is so badly burned that it is a shame that she didn't go to jail for neglect.

All I can say that we should all take time everyonce in awhile to pray for families that go through a tragedy like this.

Sponsored Links

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 10 2004 at 11:51pm

Here is a link to another guest that was on her show that left a child in the car and a convict stole the car-- http://www.oprah.com/tows/slide/200404/20040423/tows_slide_2 0040423_09.jhtml

edit:

Christy
Previous
9 of 10
Next
One afternoon, Christy left her six-year-old son Jake belted in the backseat of her car while she ran errands. The keys were in the ignition. A convict jumped into Christy's car with Jake still inside—and Christy's attempt to save him resulted in Jake dangling outside the car as the convict drove away. Jake did not survive.

Oprah: You say you hated it when people told you things happen for a reason?

Christy: Yes, because I didn't know what the reason was. What reason could there be to watch your child die? As time went on, I realized that I have the ability to help other people. This could be our reason: to bring others through the journey.

Christy now works as a victim's advocate, helping to show others that life does go on.

Information on a scholarship fund founded in Jake's memory.

Edited by mistyblue729
Bellas_Mom View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 10 2004 at 11:51pm

I am seriously bawling over here. Look at the 4th son. OMG, poor baby. If only time could be turned around. I mean he is just a baby

Roni's five sons

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 10 2004 at 11:52pm
I was crying soooo hard when I saw this child.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 10 2004 at 11:54pm
I is just too sad I cant imagine what that must feel like.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 10 2004 at 11:56pm

One afternoon, Christy left her six-year-old son Jake belted in the backseat of her car while she ran errands. The keys were in the ignition. A convict jumped into Christy's car with Jake still inside—and Christy's attempt to save him resulted in Jake dangling outside the car as the convict drove away. Jake did not survive.

OMG. A six year old! God, why!

Cheire View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 10 2004 at 11:56pm
Poor Babys I saw this episode a while back. I take it as a lesson learned. Never leave small children alone ever..

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 10 2004 at 11:58pm
  First I was sad, now I am angry at these parentsNo No No
Treyci View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 10 2004 at 11:58pm
I watched this show tonight, I actually don't watch Oprah that much.  Damn, I was  crying through this entire show.  My eyes are still dry!  I don't know if I could deal with losing a child(ren).  One of the ladies that was on there left her son in the car while she went in Mr. Goodcents to get a sandwich and a man stole the car and ended up dragging the little boy to death while the Mother was watching...that actually happened here.  They actually introduced a new law named after the boy (targeting felons being let out of jail and free to go directly into society), unfortunately I don't think the law will do any good because it will not punish the parents for being negligent and leaving their children in the car.  My son is 12 years old and I STILL DO NOT leave him in the car alone.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 10 2004 at 11:59pm
Originally posted by mistyblue729 mistyblue729 wrote:

Here is a link to another guest that was on her show that left a child in the car and a convict stole the car-- http://www.oprah.com/tows/slide/200404/20040423/tows_slide_2 0040423_09.jhtml

edit:

Christy
Previous
9 of 10
Next

Oprah: You say you hated it when people told you things happen for a reason?

Christy: Yes, because I didn't know what the reason was. What reason could there be to watch your child die? As time went on, I realized that I have the ability to help other people. This could be our reason: to bring others through the journey.

Christy now works as a victim's advocate, helping to show others that life does go on.

Information on a scholarship fund founded in Jake's memory.

IF he would have survived, he would have  been taken away. This is just stupid and irresposible. I think she is every bit to blame for his death. If she had taken him out the car and ran errands with him, he would have still been alive. I would rather have a stolen car than a dead child.

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>