BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

On my hair journey Ive learned that...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 14>

Author
Certified*Baby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Certified*Baby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: On my hair journey Ive learned that...
    Posted: May 19 2011 at 9:21am

1. My hair doesnt like too much maintanence.

2. Growth aids really dont speed up,or aid in my growth.(i just enjoy using them).

3.I want to become a "licensed" stylist, so I've enrolled in cosmetology beginning June 6,11Clap

4. After wearing a straight MBL weave for 2weeks, I do not want my hair to grow past BSL.(The washing,detangling,drying,etc...was a bit too much for me to handle.Ouch

5.Hair takes time to grow, and i shouldnt focus my day around my hair, but instead fit my hair in around my life!Wink

So tell me.....What have you learned during your hair journey?
Sponsored Links

Necie87 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Necie87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2011 at 1:09pm
Originally posted by Certified*Baby Certified*Baby wrote:

5.Hair takes time to grow, and i shouldnt focus my day around my hair, but instead fit my hair in around my life!Wink

So tell me.....What have you learned during your hair journey?

I love number 5!

AllyOrNotAlly View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AllyOrNotAlly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2011 at 2:02pm
I learned that my hair is amazing. But, of course! It is an extension of me :P
Napp View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Napp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2011 at 2:11pm

Hair should make you look good.

i am so over wearing styles that do not flatter me or do me any justice just to say i am 100% natural or trying to retain that .5 inch.

ms.blue View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ms.blue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2011 at 2:13pm
I learned that
-my hair likes protein. Hair needs a healthy balance of moisture and protein.
-I don't have to trim my have too often.
-coconut oil is not for everyone especially me.
-low maintence reggie works best for me (kiss).
-heat is not the devil when used properly.
-moisturizing and sealing is a must to keep healthy ends.
-embracing the hair that was naturally given to me instead of envying other hairtypes.
Melialy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Melialy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2011 at 2:15pm
I've learned that consistency is key!!
niecy View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote niecy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2011 at 2:27pm
I've learned that my hair grows better when I just leave it alone and let it do it's own thing rather than manipulating it by following a weekly regimen. When I was following my regimen it didn't seem like my hair was growing very much so now I usually just keep it done in braids and spray it with a braid spray mixture every couple of days. I don't follow a specific regimen when I don't have my hair braided I just go with the flow.
TamekaC View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TamekaC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2011 at 4:48pm
I have fine strands with thin density
My hair doesn't like to be fussed with...it'll fuss right back at me.
Relaxed or natural I like my hair in protective styles...it's like a secret.
AmazingGrace View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AmazingGrace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2011 at 5:40pm
1) I've learned that I can just leave my hair be and it will grow!
I was washing, detangling, styling every week last year and I just got so TIRED by November!
So I put in long kinky twists every month until April this year! I am now WL in my longest layers.
I just sprayed nightly and co-washed every 2 weeks. Currently in long single braids!

2) I learned that I can make my hair a treat....so when I take down the braids or am putting them in, it's a treat to co-wash, clarify, detangle and style! I won't sweat the fact I still can't rollerset or that alot of my flat twists look wonky...lol!

3) I really am more a bunner that I thought! I was bunning my kinky twists and now I'm bunning my single braids!
prettypeal09 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote prettypeal09 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2011 at 2:43am
1) My hair thrives on low manipulation and keeping it simple.
2) Haircare does not have to be expensive and I don't have to spend $$$$ on a product in order to achieve great results.
3)  It's just hair- seriously some people forget that Stern Smile.
4) I knew very little about haircare prior to BHM.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 14>
  Share Topic