Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Exercise, Fitness, & Health > Diets, Diets, and More Diets!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

ON Atkins Low Carbs-It Works

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7576777879 80>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
sexibeach View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 19 2012 at 4:35pm
Originally posted by StylingArabella StylingArabella wrote:

Originally posted by Ms. Tiki Ms. Tiki wrote:

@StylingArabella I had my gallbladder removed in 08 before I started Atkins. I haven't had any issues while being on the diet. 

Hey Ms. Tiki...wasn't there an Atkins thread before filled with your motivation Thumbs Up! That's fantastic to know, thanks! I started 4 days ago. A family vacation is coming up and I refuse to have a muffin top! So far a pound a day! I am keeping it simple and eating meat cooked in butter, broccoli, spinach, asparagus, green onions, cheese and drinking 2-3 32oz bottles of water.

I've found the oddest things make me stall like cream (sour cream, heavy cream, cream cheese), pickles, tomatoes, decaf coffee, lemon juice. Today we cooked steaks for father's day. I just threw my steak on the grill along with green onions. When it was done cooking I put my butter mix on top (anchovies, red pepper flakes, Italian seasoning, and garlic...sounds gross but is SOOOOO GOOD).

I've also found that when I don't tell anyone I'm doing Atkins I have a better chance at succeeding...does anyone else notice this?

Excellent girl let's keep it going.. Clap
Sponsored Links

Ms. Tiki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ms. Tiki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 20 2012 at 12:24am

@StylingArabella I had my gallbladder removed in 08 before I started Atkins. I haven't had any issues while being on the diet. 

Hey Ms. Tiki...wasn't there an Atkins thread before filled with your motivation Thumbs Up! That's fantastic to know, thanks! I started 4 days ago. A family vacation is coming up and I refuse to have a muffin top! So far a pound a day! I am keeping it simple and eating meat cooked in butter, broccoli, spinach, asparagus, green onions, cheese and drinking 2-3 32oz bottles of water.

I've found the oddest things make me stall like cream (sour cream, heavy cream, cream cheese), pickles, tomatoes, decaf coffee, lemon juice. Today we cooked steaks for father's day. I just threw my steak on the grill along with green onions. When it was done cooking I put my butter mix on top (anchovies, red pepper flakes, Italian seasoning, and garlic...sounds gross but is SOOOOO GOOD).

I've also found that when I don't tell anyone I'm doing Atkins I have a better chance at succeeding...does anyone else notice this?

Yes, I did a 2011 Atkins challenge. It seemed like everyone fell off
StylingArabella View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StylingArabella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 20 2012 at 12:46am

Yes, I did a 2011 Atkins challenge. It seemed like everyone fell off

LOL oh yeah, I remember, everyone did fall off! I usually stay on it for a month or so because I either lose the weight right away or crave a piece of fruit like mad. For some reason I think of Atkins as a quick fix and not a lifestyle...I loves my fruit and bread lol!

Today I had Eggs with ground turkey and cheese for breakfast

Lunch I had chicken wings I spiced up and some spinach cooked with garlic

I had a pickle during the day and a string cheese

For dinner I cooked a chicken in the rotisserie and made us a big salad with baby shrimp in it (I just threw olive oil and salt and pepper on mine.

I did want to kick my husband in the teeth for the way he was slowly buttering his bread roll and putting honey on it LOL! I must admit that was the first time I had a craving sense I started.

Edited by StylingArabella - Jun 20 2012 at 1:00am
dISGURLLUBELMO View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dISGURLLUBELMO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 20 2012 at 3:36pm
After you lose a x amount of pounds while doing this plan is there a way you can come off of this diet without gaining?
sexibeach View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 28 2012 at 3:58am
Originally posted by dISGURLLUBELMO dISGURLLUBELMO wrote:

After you lose a x amount of pounds while doing this plan is there a way you can come off of this diet without gaining?

yes there are 4 phases, and the various phases allows you to add certain things back into your diet and it allows you to still continue to lose or maintain depending on how you eat.. you would still want to limit certain carbs that you would probably never want to return to your diet but it allows you to eat more things.. its basically changing the way you eat, and still be able to lose or maintain your desired weight..
leebee123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leebee123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 10 2012 at 5:25pm
I'm back on Atkins, I should have never left LOL!!!! Does anyone know of any low sodium low carb snacks that I can have?  I don't like almonds, I am sick of cucumbers, sunflower seeds make my weight loss stall, is there anything else I can eat?
sexibeach View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 10 2012 at 7:39pm
Originally posted by leebee123 leebee123 wrote:

I'm back on Atkins, I should have never left LOL!!!! Does anyone know of any low sodium low carb snacks that I can have?  I don't like almonds, I am sick of cucumbers, sunflower seeds make my weight loss stall, is there anything else I can eat?

i'm doing the atkin's candy bar types, and i love the ice cream sunflower seeds are high in carbs.. i don't fool with the nuts too much, but i do eat some popcorn.. 
BakedCookie View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BakedCookie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 11 2012 at 1:42pm
whenever I make a low carb pizza it always fall apart.(i put eggs in it) how can I get it to stay solid?? 
sexibeach View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 14 2012 at 8:20pm
what are you making your crust with? ^^
BakedCookie View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BakedCookie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 15 2012 at 9:24am
I don't make a crust for it. I am in induction and I thought that would slow down the weight loss
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7576777879 80>