Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Exercise, Fitness, & Health > Diets, Diets, and More Diets!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

ON Atkins Low Carbs-It Works

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 80>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
sexibeach View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ON Atkins Low Carbs-It Works
    Posted: Oct 01 2011 at 12:49pm
you can get the starter kit online and its FREE, this is the newer version of atkins.. you get a menu book and a small booklet that will tell you how to start the program, and a few protein bars.. and a carb book so you can look up anything you eat and decide the carbs which the first 2 weeks require 12 carbs per day..its tricking your body into using your fat storage as fuel instead of carbs which is what it normally burns for fuel.. so you starve the carbs in your body to make it go to the fat storage and burn that instead..  i started on monday and i've lost 4 lbs on yesterday so that's 5 days on the program.. YEY you have to give up all white foods, flour, breads, sugars, oats, friuts, juices, seeds, nuts and my wine.. which was difficult b/c i love having a glass of wine.. you have to go thru the induction of 2 weeks phase 1 which is the roughest but you can loose 15 lbs in 2 weeks.

but i want to get ahead of the holiday season so maybe i can eat some stuff.. but my hardest was the wine and the sugar.. the alcohol can't be used not b/c it has sugar b/c it doesn't b/c of the process to make the wine, but b/c it messes with the sugar levels which is what makes you crave sweets..  so no jucies either for that reason i am drinking smart water which is different than other waters.. it really hydrates the body and flushes out toxins.. they have protein shakes that you can use as a meal replacement which also to fill you up.. you can eat meat lots of it, b/c its a more protein diet so that helps, i eat steak strips in my salads, and you don't have to use diet salad dressings.. my coffee it was killing me but i found a good substitute Xylitol and i can use cream for my coffee, no other dairy just feta or mozzella cheese that are low in carbs.. i have to use the xylitol sparingly got it at the health food store.. i do it in a healthy way by my choices.. like you could have sausage and bell peppers and red peppers for breakfast, but i chose 2 boil eggs and a shake.. then you have a snack protein bar some celery and blue cheese dip and some cheese or a few grape tomatoes or protein bar/shake b4 lunch and a snack b4 dinner.. for dinner maybe some salmon and mixed greens for dinner.. anyway its not been that hard just the wine and coffee situation.

by phase 2 you can add some things back in so i have one more week to go in phase 1.. i am working out i started spinning classes where you can burn up to 500 to 1000 calories in a one hour class.. its kicking my butt but its worth the burn you just gotta keep at it, and at least you can sit down.. so just wanted to report something that's definitely working and my week isn't complete yet until sunday.. its 4 phases to go thru that teach you how to eat differently and i'm one that has never been able to take the time to do that.. but this seems to be different for me to actually figure it out and do it, and stay with it, b/c you see the pounds going you stick with it. and i still take my lida while on this..

Edited by sexibeach - Oct 01 2011 at 12:59pm
Sponsored Links

hauteshellbi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hauteshellbi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 01 2011 at 12:58pm
thanks for the atkins info!! Thumbs Up

im on a low carb, super low sugar diet and its been working for me. i watched the movie 'fat head' and it explained how carbs raise your cholesterol and cause heart disease it was eye opening 

sexibeach View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 01 2011 at 1:02pm
that's great, it definitly is making a difference i was doing everything.. since i joined the Ymca i decided i'm going to do the whole damn thing to get this done.. and its definitely working and honestly its changing my veiws on some of the things i thought i couldn't live without.. taking a omega 3 and vit's while on it, and using L Carnitine liquid to help me get the energy to push through the workouts and burn the fat also.. b/c it burns fat..
kaai View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kaai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 02 2011 at 12:25am
a lot of people swear by this diet.....
 Pres Clinton lost weight on this diet.
I have bought the dinners, etc. they r good

should I go to the website for the starter kit.....?

My problem has always been sugar & crabsDead
cholesterol going up is scary......
I;m gonna go read...
cause I have discovered
 the phen, clen & HCH's (all the fast temporary cures)
 dont hold up for me & my stubborn 15lbs. the cravings, skin breaking out, going up & down.
I have to change the way I eat! which I have done.... I looked at 2 yr old photos..... 
something has "clicked" time to get serious
 & the holidays r coming....Big smile
Thanks I over looked this diet

Dr Oz said friday l-arnitine, white bean powder will help burn fat also....

looking at old photos will snap you in shape too...
kaai View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kaai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 02 2011 at 12:37am
I'm waiting on the starter kit!!!
 I need phase 2!.....

thanks sexi

Edited by kaai - Oct 03 2011 at 8:23pm
nitabug View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nitabug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 02 2011 at 2:29am
Originally posted by hauteshellbi hauteshellbi wrote:

thanks for the atkins info!! Thumbs Up

im on a low carb, super low sugar diet and its been working for me. i watched the movie 'fat head' and it explained how carbs raise your cholesterol and cause heart disease it was eye opening 

That depends on the carbs you intake.
nitabug View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote nitabug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 02 2011 at 2:56am
My thoughts on the Atkins diet:

I agree with other forums who find that Atkins, especially at phase one, is a not high protein, but a high fat, low carb diet.

I found Atkins to be really successful when I did phase one by percentages. The atkins diet seems to initially reverse the general nutritional recommendations which is high carb, lower fat.

Phase one was most successful when I took in
60-65% fats
25-35% protein
5-10% net carbs

Gradually, you trade off the fat as you raise the carbs when you go up in phases. Once I realized this, it was easier to make food choices. When I needed a protein/fat combination I'd eat dark meat chicken instead of white meat. or if I needed a fat/veg. I would eat an avocado. If I needed pure protein, I'd take a protein shake that didn't have fats or carbs, or I'd eat chicken breasts/lean meats/fish.

There are so many vegetables/veggie combination that you can have before you reach 20 net carbs, unless you are making the mistake of taking in too many bars or other specialty foods/skakes. I feel that people make the mistake of over limiting vegetables thinking that they are going to speed up the process. Stalls are normally caused by not taking in the right fat/protein combo. (Unless you blatantly break the diet by not sticking to the acceptable list)

I also think that there is a myth that you can eat how much you want, which isn't really true. It is just really hard to screw it up because you reach satiety faster (imo)

Another thing I hear, even earlier today is the over consumption of bacon and sometimes eggs. Especially with bacon and other saturated fats. When I would look at my percentages and I could see I needed fats, I would take Flax oil to offset the amount I needed.

As for veggies, if I needed extra carbs but I didn't feel like eating, I'd drink vegetable juice.

eta: drink plenty of water, the one with electrolytes is a good one because you lose more of them during ketosis

Edited by nitabug - Oct 02 2011 at 3:20am
nitabug View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nitabug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 02 2011 at 2:58am
I tried to do atkins as a vegetarian. It was so hard. I had to incorporate fish in the diet.

ETA. I just found this on the site:

The researchers put one group of participants on a vegan diet (which contains not a single animal product or by-product, including eggs) which met their definition of low-carb and high-protein. Protein (31% of total calories) came mainly from gluten, soy, and nuts, with typical foods being soy burgers, veggie bacon and breakfast links. Most of the fat (43% of total calories) came from nuts, vegetable oils, soy products and avocado. The rest of the calories on this vegan low-carb diet were carbohydrates (26% of total calories which translates to 130 grams of carbohydrates and is pretty high based on Atkins), mostly from fruits and vegetables and some cereals—but common starchy items like bread, rice, potatoes and baked goods were eliminated.

I wonder if I could tweek this? I'll try it and see if it works

Edited by nitabug - Oct 02 2011 at 3:17am
sexibeach View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 02 2011 at 6:02am
thanks Nitabug i think you can they have a forum as well for support and i've seen some that modify it for themselves.. i'm doing the fish as well as much as i can, i can't believe how its helping me.. i wasn't seeing the scale move that much after sitting on my butt popping a pill, for to long and expecting it to do the work.. that was fine and they did help but i just decided its time to quit playing and get to work, if i want it to be gone and stay gone.. b/c I can't take being a few pounds over weight it bugs me to no end, i had some medical issues 2 years ago, and sat at home eating and have not been able to knock off that weight i gained.. i want muscle in the bank, meaning get in shape so it won't be a 5 lbs gain just b/c you ate something that you wanted even tho its cheating.. if you train your body and get in shape you can afford to have some lemon cake every now and then, but i'm finding myself becoming discipline which i never was b4 b/c i never needed to watch what i ate.. well you get older and its necessary that you do.. i'm pleased with this low carb diet b/c i'm seeing the results when nothing else was moving the weight.. I wanted to try weight watchers but them points were driving me crazy b/c its a lot to figure out and it was frustrating me.. after i go thru the phases and knock the weight off, I might revisit joining weight watchers.. b/c I definitely need a lifestyle change that i need to make forever, b/c I don't want to ever gain weight and go thru the hell of that aching from restarting working out again, or fighting to lose again.. but for now I wanted to jump start the metabolism in my system to make it burn and its burning now..

Edited by sexibeach - Oct 02 2011 at 6:15am
sexibeach View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 02 2011 at 6:05am
Originally posted by kaai kaai wrote:

I waiting on the starter kit!!!
 I need phase 2!.....

thanks sexi

you're welcome i always like to post something that i find is working, and this is working.. and this is the diet that has worked for alot of people.. i'm glad its been revised to a low carb diet b/c that's why i decided to give it a try and the free kit..
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 80>