BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Lace Fronts
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Ombre Help

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
Artemis9109 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artemis9109 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ombre Help
    Posted: Mar 17 2013 at 7:25am
Ladies I am in need of advice. So I have a unit that I didn't like so I thought I'd ombre dye it to breathe some new life into it. The unit is24" Virgin Brazilian I purchased from a vendor on Etsy. Long story short I bleached the wig twice......no damage I just can't seem to get the ends as blonde as I want. I used BW 2 powder & a 30 volume developer and seriously processed it for about an hour both times. Any suggestions or advice on what I'm doing wrong or what I should try next to get the ends blonde???
Sponsored Links

Nadiesca View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nadiesca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 17 2013 at 11:46am
i would suggest you to do a protein treatment on the hair and use a blue toner to achieve the blonde color on the end of the hair.
You should also post your uestion in the Hair color section for more responses

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artemis9109 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 17 2013 at 12:31pm
A blue toner. Ok. I will look into that thanks. Way ahead of you on posting in the hair color forum.....just waiting for teplies.
Nadiesca View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nadiesca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 17 2013 at 12:34pm
or you can also dye it the shade of blonde you want

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artemis9109 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 17 2013 at 1:04pm
I think i will do that because I really dont want to damage the hair too much more. The protein treatment should help with that though. Should i do the protein treatment before or after (or both) the dye?

Edited by Artemis9109 - Mar 17 2013 at 1:05pm
itchykids View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote itchykids Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 18 2013 at 8:29pm
I'd say do it after. Doing it before, it would probably end up being washed out. There is also a shampoo you can use on the hair after it is bleached that worked to make the blonde more blonde and less orange. I can't remember what it is called but I think you can find it in the grocery store.
SistaHollywood View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SistaHollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 19 2013 at 5:50am
You use the protien treatment both before and after this is not hair that is growing so you have to be extra careful. You should have gotten the blonde you wanted if you did it twice I use 40 volume developer but I put it in a bag and I watch it because it gets hot. And a hour is a real long time for the color not to lift but I would have to see the wig to advise you what you can do next . Also was the wig black when you bought it because if it was thats a whole other way of lifting the color.Wink

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artemis9109 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 20 2013 at 8:17am
I tried to post some pics of the unit to be of more help but it's not letting me upload them at all. :( More than anything I think I've been had buying a "virgin" wig. I think I might just end up calling it a day on it. I really don't have the patience for it to be honest. I hate doing that though but live and learn you know?
Nadiesca View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nadiesca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 20 2013 at 8:24am
use tinypic.com to upload pics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artemis9109 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 20 2013 at 9:25am
Now in these pics it looks red, but in reality the color is a drab mousy brown. Think a very tired & faded #8 lol.[/IMG]
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions
The Haircare Solution for Locs and Twists
DHT Blocker System
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>