FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Omarosa gives it to Bethenny: white privilege

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>

Author
AmiliaCabral View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote AmiliaCabral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Omarosa gives it to Bethenny: white privilege
    Posted: Oct 30 2013 at 10:19am
'It's different for you and I': Omarosa attributes Bethenny Frankel's 'mediocre' success to white privilege as old rivals spar on chat show

By Mike Larkin
PUBLISHED: 20:07 EST, 29 October 2013 | UPDATED: 20:07 EST, 29 October 2013

She is a former political consultant for failed presidential candidate Al Gore.
But that did not stop Omarosa branding Bethenny Frankel 'mediocre' during a bizarre discussion on her personal brand on the latter's chat show.
In an interview airing on Wednesday, she suggested white privilege was the reason for her bitter rival's business success, and claimed she herself had to be 'exceptional' to get ahead.

Omarosa, who has been feuding with the former Real Housewives Of New York star since 2010, said: 'It's different for you and I, I am an African American woman.

'You get to walk around and be mediocre and you still get rewarded with things.

'We have to be exceptional to get anything in this business.'

However, the experienced political hack's instincts soon kicked in, and she tried to explain her quotes.

She added: 'I wasn't calling her (Bethenny) mediocre, clearly she's doing well. I am here on your show and I think that's fantastic.'

Bethenny then tried to get in a dig of her own, telling her she did not mind the barb, and pointing out that Omarosa was $10,000 richer due to her appearance.

But her guest soon took control of the discussion again, and gave a lengthy explanation of the secret to her success.

Talking in the third person, she said: 'I think it's important to understand you don't stay on for a decade in reality TV without being smart and creating a brand people want to see.

'If the audience didn't want to see Omarosa they would never book me again, which is why you booked me on your show today.

'There's a brand there, a commodity, something of value.'
And the opinionated 39-year-old then decided to take the show's host to task for labelling her 'defensive.'

She said: 'You are not walking in your own truth, you don't' accept your own truth. It's true.

'This is me giving you a little religion. The moment you accept your real truth, everything is going to open up for you.

'Everything; your happiness, your joy, your relationships, everything, it's going to open up but it can not happen until you own your own truth.'
By this point the exasperated host decided it was time to get tough with the serial Celebrity Apprentice contestant, who has been fired three times by Donald Trump.

After criticising her for not letting her speak, she demanded to know what her brand really is.

She said: 'What I am going to say is that I meant what I'd say. I think that you do have a career, I invited you here.

'I don't think you have a brand, I think you are infamous, that's what I really think. I am on the show because I want to give a point of view and let you give your point of view.

I don't think you have a brand. What is your brand?'But her foe was far from fazed by the line of questioning, and she soon fired back.

Omarosa replied: 'I am a strong business woman who celebrates being smart, and there is a brand in being smart. '

However, this did not seem to impress the Skinny Girl mogul, who poked fun at her paper thin money-making model.

She said: 'your brand is being smart? Omarosa's brand is smart. Is that in your business plan?'

The catty duo have been taking potshots at each other since 2010, when Bethenny said she could not be compared to the infamous reality show personality because she has made 'a real career' out of her time in the spotlight.

In response, furious Omarosa claimed Frankel's now estranged husband Jason Hoppy was gay, and also accused the mother-of-one of having a tummy tuck after giving birth to her daughter Bryn.

Back to Tuesda'sy show, the self-styled commerce guru tried to deflect the criticism, saying the host was 'not entitled to your own facts,' but Bethenny demanded to know what her business actually was.
Omarosa said: 'I teach young people and I hope the young people watching right now don't get discouraged because there are a whole bunch of women in here, and women get catty.

'And I hope they don't get discouraged from watching two women who have an opportunity to put things behind us, we have a chance to turn this thing around.'

But her sparring partner had heard enough, and after making it clear they were not going to be making up any time soon, brought the curtain down on the interview.

(VIDEO AT LINK)

Sponsored Links

GG View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (15) Thanks(15)   Quote GG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 30 2013 at 10:24am

She should've left it at that
blaquefoxx View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote blaquefoxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 30 2013 at 10:33am
Originally posted by AmiliaCabral AmiliaCabral wrote:

However, the experienced political hack's instincts soon kicked in, and she tried to explain her quotes.

She added: 'I wasn't calling her (Bethenny) mediocre, clearly she's doing well. I am here on your show and I think that's fantastic.'
And this is the ish I hate. How you wanna "say it wit yo chest" one minute and then wanna clarify the next. She should have left it at that.

GG View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote GG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 30 2013 at 10:48am
People are so scared to have conviction. The fear of being Paula Deen'd is everywhere.
nekamarie83 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote nekamarie83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 30 2013 at 10:58am
Originally posted by GG GG wrote:

She should've left it at that
agree. bethenny (or any number of white people) could've played hit dog or not, but omarosa's statement above wouldn't be any less true. 
bunzaveli View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bunzaveli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 30 2013 at 10:59am
who is this chick ?
K_Camille View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote K_Camille Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 30 2013 at 11:40am
She shaded the hell out of Bethenny (idk even know who this chick is lol)..though she shouldn't have backtracked...they do get to walk around being mediocre while we have to work harder.  It is what it is.  Let her be offended all she wants.
thewonderfulwa View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thewonderfulwa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 30 2013 at 1:04pm
Im suprised Omarosa has any friends when I saw her Tamar and Vince show
Omarosa comes off as jealouse and petty who is she not beefing with be a grown women promote your brand.
newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newdiva1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 30 2013 at 1:11pm
Who is Bethenny?  I mean...i've heard of the show but I thought it was a UK talk show.
newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote newdiva1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 30 2013 at 1:14pm
Bethenny is the one that came up with those skinny girl drinks?  I heard those were nasty.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic