Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - oman, guy makes a kickstarter to fund potato salad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

oman, guy makes a kickstarter to fund potato salad

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
_ConcreteRose_ View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote _ConcreteRose_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 10 2014 at 9:56pm
http://www.gofundme.com/baozzc

In response to that white male privilege explosion of a kick starter for potato salad, one brilliant black woman attempts to raise money to acquire white privilege. 
Sponsored Links

LilMissSunshine View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LilMissSunshine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 10 2014 at 10:13pm
His middle name is Danger?
bunzaveli View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bunzaveli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 11 2014 at 7:11am
Originally posted by _ConcreteRose_ _ConcreteRose_ wrote:

In response to that white male privilege explosion of a kick starter for potato salad, one brilliant black woman attempts to raise money to acquire white privilege. 

your link wasnt working, so this a race issue now?
Random Thoughts View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Random Thoughts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 11 2014 at 7:36am
What were the rewards for the pledgers?
Random Thoughts View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Random Thoughts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 11 2014 at 7:39am
At a pledge of 3 bucks you get a bite of the potato salad. With over 2,500 pledgers of 3 bucks or more, yeah, he'll be making a lot of potato salad.
bunzaveli View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bunzaveli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 11 2014 at 7:45am
Originally posted by Random Thoughts Random Thoughts wrote:

At a pledge of 3 bucks you get a bite of the potato salad. With over 2,500 pledgers of 3 bucks or more, yeah, he'll be making a lot of potato salad.

Pledge $3 or more

Receive a bite of the potato salad, a photo of me making the potato salad, a 'thank you' posted to our website and I will say your name out loud while making the potato salad.

ModelessDiva View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ModelessDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 11 2014 at 8:44am
Originally posted by bunzaveli bunzaveli wrote:

a 'thank you' posted to our website and I will say your name out loud while making the potato salad.

Stern SmileConfused

Diane (35) View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diane (35) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 11 2014 at 10:01am
Originally posted by bunzaveli bunzaveli wrote:

Pledge $3 or more

Receive a bite of the potato salad, a photo of me making the potato salad, a 'thank you' posted to our website and I will say your name out loud while making the potato salad.

they were so funny to me LmaoLOLLOLLOLLOL now im reading the comments sectionCry

Pledge $5 or more

DELUXE PACKAGE: Choose a potato-salad-appropriate ingredient to add to the potato salad, receive a bite of the potato salad, a photo of me making the potato salad, a 'thank you' posted to our website and I will say your name out loud while making the potato salad.

Estimated delivery: 

Pledge $10 or more

PLATINUM LEVEL: Hang out in the kitchen with me while I make the potato salad, choose a potato-salad-appropriate ingredient to add to the potato salad, receive a bite of the potato salad, a photo of me making the potato salad, a 'thank you' posted to our website and I will say your name out loud while making the potato salad.

Pledge $20 or more

4 backers All gone!

POTATO MADNESS: Receive a potato-salad themed haiku written by me, your name carved into a potato that will be used in the potato salad, a signed jar of mayonnaise, the potato salad recipe, hang out in the kitchen with me while I make the potato salad, choose a potato-salad-appropriate ingredient to add to the potato salad, receive a bite of the potato salad, a photo of me making the potato salad, a 'thank you' posted to our website and I will say your name out loud while making the potato salad.

Pledge $25 or more

THE HAT: Receive a potato-salad themed hat along with a bite of the potato salad, a photo of me making the potato salad, a 'thank you' posted to our website and I will say your name out loud while making the potato salad.

Pledge $35 or more

THE HOMAGE T-SHIRT: Receive a limited edition t-shirt designed and printed by Columbus, Ohio t-shirt company Homage (http://www.homage.com). Also receive a bite of the potato salad, a photo of me making the potato salad, a 'thank you' posted to our website and I will say your name out loud while making the potato salad.

Pledge $50 or more

POTATO SALADS OF THE WORLD: Receive a recipe book with potato salad recipes inspired by each country where we have a backer along with a bite of the potato salad, a photo of me making the potato salad, a 'thank you' posted to our website and I will say your name out loud while making the potato salad. The recipe book will have a dedication page with the name of each of our backers.

Estimated delivery: 

Add $20 USD to ship outside the US
Diane (35) View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diane (35) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 11 2014 at 10:08am
Risks and challenges Learn about accountability on Kickstarter

It might not be that good. It's my first potato salad.

FAQ

So, is the pizza party going to have potato salad at it?No, it's just a pizza party.Last updated: 

What type of potato salad? Mustard/mayo based? Vinegar? German?I'm not sure. It's my first one. Probably whatever is easiest. Last updated: 

Umm yes, what KIND of potatoes will you be using? I only support Idaho potatoes.There's a Kroger near my house, so probably ones from there.  Last updated: 

What types of ingredients are appropriate?I'm not sure. It's my first one. Last updated: 

Will you be making your own mayo? If it will be store bought, can i choose the brand? Is Shipping to Canada included in the $20 pledge level?Mayo will be store bought and won't be fancy unless we hit our stretch goals. I'll probably choose it to be fair to everyone. As for shipping, I need to look up shipping prices. I don't really know anything about shipping out of the country.  Last updated: 

so wait, I thought the $3 pledge included you spoon feeding each of us a bite of the potato salad no matter where we lived?I promise you I am working with people right now to assess the feasibility of sending potato salad around the world. I will do everything I can to make a bite of potato salad a reality.  Last updated: 

I really dislike the mayo potato salad, but I like the vinegar based one. I can't morally support this project if it is going the direction of mayo. Do you think maybe you could make a few batches of potato salad instead and make one the way I want?If this Kickstarter has taught me anything, it's that there are a lot of different kinds of potato salad. So, I will definitely be making a vinegar one! Last updated: 

Where are you located? I would totally come to this party if I was close!Columbus, Ohio! If we hit $3000, the whole internet is invited!   Last updated: 

Will there be a vegan option available?Yes! I meant to add it as a stretch goal, but forgot! Let's say that we'll have at least four kinds and that one will be vegan! Thanks for the reminder! Last updated: 

Will you be video taping the potato salad making process and uploading it to a video site for backers to see that you have indeed, said the names out loud?Yes! A group has asked if they can film the process and I said, "Yes".   Last updated: 

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarg
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
  Share Topic