Perfect Hair Collection

Ole Miss Rioting

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 9>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
OrriannaRose View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OrriannaRose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ole Miss Rioting
    Posted: Nov 07 2012 at 7:21am
'Riots' brew on Ole Miss campus

Submitted by WMCTV Web Staff
Wednesday, November 7th, 2012, 2:46am
News
(Source: Twitter)(Source: Twitter)

OXFORD, MS- (WMC-TV) – Reports are coming in that riots are brewing on the Ole Miss campus in Oxford, Mississippi.

Phone calls are coming into our newsroom and photos are being posted to Twitter of the situation on campus.

The Ole Miss campus television station is reporting the alleged "riots" are instead protests.

Photos show huge group of people on the campus, some even lighting Obama-Biden signs on fire in response to the presidential election results.

Ole Miss journalism student Margaret Ann Morgan posted to Twitter, "Onlookers say people- black, white, etc- throwing rocks at cars."

She continued, "Students of all races yelling on rebel drive. Lots of racial slurs."

Morgan also mentioned she is ashamed at what she saw and heard on her campus following the election.

Nicholas Carr claims no rocks were thrown and the majority of the people at the protests were there to see what was going on.

"I was there the whole time. No rocks were thrown. There was 1 sign lit on fire. For about 45 seconds," Carr said. "Mostly, it was 100s of college kids who heard the word riot and ran to take pictures and see what it was about. Again, no rocks or missiles thrown."

Action News 5 has a crew on the way to Oxford. Keep checking with WMCTV.COM for updates.

Tune into Action News 5 at 4:30 a.m. for the latest in a live report.

Copyright 2012 WMC-TV. All rights reserved.

(Source: bigsmoov016 / Instagram)(Source: bigsmoov016 / Instagram)
Sponsored Links

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OrriannaRose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 07 2012 at 7:23am

'Riots' on Ole Miss campus after election results announced

(Source: Twitter)
(Source: Twitter)
(Source: bigsmoov016 / Instagram)
(Source: bigsmoov016 / Instagram)
OXFORD, MS -

(WMC-TV) – While you were sleeping, riots were happening on the Ole Miss campus in Oxford, Mississippi.

SLIDESHOW

See more photos from the protests at Ole Miss

• See what people on campus are saying about the protests, click here.

According to witnesses, the riot originally started on social media and ended with 300 to 400 students protesting on the campus.

The riot blew up on social networking sites overnight. Photos were posted all over Twitter, and a video was even uploaded to Youtube.

Photos show huge group of people on the campus, some even lighting Obama-Biden signs on fire in response to the presidential election results.

We have been told some students were arrested during the riot. According to people on the scene, students were heckling one another and racial slurs were even yelled out in the crowd.

Ole Miss journalism student Margaret Ann Morgan posted to Twitter, "Onlookers say people- black, white, etc- throwing rocks at cars."

She continued, "Students of all races yelling on rebel drive. Lots of racial slurs."

Morgan also mentioned she is ashamed at what she saw and heard on her campus following the election.

However, Nicholas Carr claims no rocks were thrown and the majority of the people at the protests were there to see what was going on.

"I was there the whole time. No rocks were thrown. There was 1 sign lit on fire. For about 45 seconds," Carr said. "Mostly, it was 100s of college kids who heard the word riot and ran to take pictures and see what it was about. Again, no rocks or missiles thrown."

Action News 5 has a crew on the scene and will be reporting live throughout the morning show. Please tune in for our exclusive interviews on the scene with those who were there when it all went down. Also, keep checking with WMCTV.COM for updates.

Tune into Action News 5 at 4:30 a.m. for the latest in a live report.

Copyright 2012 WMC-TV. All rights reserved.

Edited by OrriannaRose - Nov 07 2012 at 7:27am
Tbaby View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (15) Thanks(15)   Quote Tbaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 07 2012 at 7:26am
yt folks mad?  Too bad

I don't has a sad

I
am glad!

LOL
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (11) Thanks(11)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 07 2012 at 7:27am
well didnt they just elect a black homecoming queen?

well i take my words back

and yes those arent protests but riots

shame on them for trying to down play it
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OrriannaRose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 07 2012 at 7:29am
Some Tweets

1. Read more about it on Action News 5's website here:
  2. 'Riots' brew on Ole Miss campus
    Reports are coming in that riots are brewing on the Ole Miss campus in Oxford, Mississippi.

• Tweets following the election:
    • Lake_Speed
      OLE MISS: We're not snobs, we're just better than you (and a smidge racist).
    • Shaquia Harris
      Just when we thought we was bout to sleep they dne started riots n fires on campus OlEMISS dne showed out UPD n opd every where

• Tasmeka C. Woods
      I should probably sleep in clothes & shoes just in case I have to run... THESE FOLKS ARE RIOTING AT #OLEMISS!!

• KnoxGraham
      I wake up after 3 hours and now our lead story is Ole Miss riots/protest over election. Lovely.... #OleMiss
    • doorleynjgljm7
      RT @gshow15: I'm an Ole Miss student. I'm white. And I just teared up as I looked at Twitter. Don't judge Ole Miss because of a couple ignorant people.
    • Tha_FemDoll
      RT @LyricalKinesis: So people at Ole Miss protested tha elections results... as if it served any real purpose. #randomactsofdumbassness
    • hotboyholly
      RT @iamdjswagg: Stuck in the past! RT @OleMissProblems: Riots on campus? This is a complete and utter disgrace. Get it together, Ole Miss!
    • prettieredd08
      RT @nikymouse: You know, Ole Miss, considering your past with racism, rioting after the presidential election really isn't a good look. I'm embarrassed.
    • Hollidayw2Ls
      @rolandsmartin Can you please come cover the #riots at #OleMiss, due to Obama being reelected! #really
    • shirleyaguilera
      @buzzfeedben #OleMiss the only college in America alleged rioting & burning Obama/Biden political signs. I am ashamed of my MS.
    • Tha_DonSinclair
      I have no patience for Foolishness #OleMiss
    • labtecc155
      "@JasonDottley: Burning signs #riot #olemiss“@Shortieee__: so this is what we do ole miss ? smh pic.twitter.com/Z3Cgsdbu”"
    • shortAND_sassy
      RT @StpDHrtStrtHeal: People on the campus of #OleMiss when you finish burnig Obama signs, he is still FIRED UP AND READY TO GO! He's still YOUR president Stupid!
    • iMdRunAwayKID
      channel 5 news posted they were on their way to #olemiss to capture footage of the ignorance thats goin on...i hope ya'll get 6 mins of fame
    • marykeckersley
      Sometimes I really wish I had gone to a big SEC school, and sometimes I'm really glad I didn't. #olemiss #riots #areweforreal #simmerdownnow
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote OrriannaRose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 07 2012 at 7:32am
    Originally posted by afrokock afrokock wrote:

well didnt they just elect a black homecoming queen?

well i take my words back

and yes those arent protests but riots

shame on them for trying to down play it

Indeed. If my alma mater or any HBCU did that they'd call in the Censored National Guard.
    afrokock View Drop Down
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (9) Thanks(9)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 07 2012 at 7:35am

Edited by afrokock - Nov 07 2012 at 7:39am
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (12) Thanks(12)   Quote OrriannaRose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 07 2012 at 7:39am
    Originally posted by afrokock afrokock wrote:

keepgrowing View Drop Down
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote keepgrowing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 07 2012 at 7:45am
    WOOOOWWW! And this is why I said I do not understand why black people live in Mississippi. Burning sh*t? Really. 

White people over here talking about moving to Greece and moving to Canada. And how the world is falling apart. Wacko And how we just be thankful we only have to be with him for 4 years thanks to George Washington smdh. Republicans can stay mad. I don't even know why they are mad. They will be just fine. 
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote OrriannaRose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 07 2012 at 7:48am
    Originally posted by keepgrowing keepgrowing wrote:

WOOOOWWW! And this is why I said I do not understand why black people live in Mississippi. Burning sh*t? Really. 

White people over here talking about moving to Greece and moving to Canada. And how the world is falling apart. Wacko And how we just be thankful we only have to be with him for 4 years thanks to George Washington smdh. Republicans can stay mad. I don't even know why they are mad. They will be just fine. 

Ouch

For the record, this is not normal. They usually don't show out in large numbers publicly.

I wish the ones saying that would leave. Sleepy
    Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
    House of CB London
    Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
    The Elite Hair Care Sorority
    Electric Cherry Hair
    Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
    Human Hair Wigs
    Wefting Training
    FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
    Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
     Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 9>