FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Oldest Man Dies In Algeria At 140-Years-Old

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>

Author
CLCNY20 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CLCNY20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Oldest Man Dies In Algeria At 140-Years-Old
    Posted: Jan 13 2014 at 2:14pm

source:  https://www.middleeastmonitor.com/news/africa/9184-worlds-oldest-man-dies-in-algeria-at-the-age-of-140
Sponsored Links

yaya24 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote yaya24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 13 2014 at 2:15pm
I'm interested in his diet.

RIP
tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 13 2014 at 2:17pm
so i guess that limit of 120 was falseStern Smile
CLCNY20 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CLCNY20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 13 2014 at 2:18pm
Is this ‘160-year-old’ Ethiopian man the world’s oldest ever person?

Reporters in Ethiopia say they have discovered the oldest man in the world, a farmer and community elder who could be 160 years old.

The state-run TV Oromiya published a 30-minute interview with Dhaqabo Ebba, whose vivid recollections of historical events and family tree indicate that he may have been born in the 1850s.

The journalist Mohammed Ademo, who has translated Mr Ebba’s remarkable story for the English-language OPride.com website, has suggested that the different government leaders the farmer remembers being ruled by would take him back at least 160 years.

Even today the majority of rurally-based Ethiopians do not possess birth certificates, and with the same applying to Mr Ebba it would be impossible to find any verification of precisely when he was born.

But the evidence from what the man can remember is compelling, according to Mr Ademo.

“When Italy [first] invaded Ethiopia [in 1895], I had two wives and my son was old enough to herd cattle,” Mr Ebba said to the TV reporter in the native Oromo language, at his house near Dodola town.

He also recalls the 8-day horseback trek it took to get from there to the capital of Addis Ababa – a journey which now only takes a couple of hours.

Mr Ebba has far outlived anyone of his generation, making it difficult to find someone to corroborate his story, but he claims to have the largest extended family of anyone in his region and has seen great-grandchildren grow up into adulthood.

It may never be confirmed definitively whether Mr Ebba is really as old as it would appear. No efforts seem to have been made to have him medically assessed or to call in representatives for the Guinness World Records.

The current holder of the organisation’s official accolade for oldest person ever is a French woman called Jeanne Louise Calment, who died in 1997 aged 122 years and 164 days.

Mr Ademo did say that he was working towards finding further proof of Mr Ebba’s extraordinary 160 years, and if anything concrete can be found it would smash the current record by a quite phenomenal margin.

source:  http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/africa/is-this-160yearold-ethiopian-man-the-worlds-oldest-ever-person-8814763.html
yaya24 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote yaya24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 13 2014 at 2:27pm

No one really knows how old these folks really are. LOL

Mixer View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mixer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 13 2014 at 2:31pm
I'm not sure if I could believe anyone could live that long.

Anyway, R.I.P. Messe
Sang Froid View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sang Froid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 13 2014 at 2:36pm
Originally posted by yaya24 yaya24 wrote:

No one really knows how old these folks really are. LOL

Exactly. Lmao.
liesnalibis View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liesnalibis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 13 2014 at 3:14pm
I don't believe it.
NARSAddict View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NARSAddict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 13 2014 at 3:26pm
All they need to do is run some test and that would clear some doubts.  I think they check the teeth or something.
bindy View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bindy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 13 2014 at 4:57pm
I need to see "receipts"......like a real/valid birth certificate.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic