FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Topic ClosedOld Fashioned hot comb

Post Reply Post Reply

Author
afrosista View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Old Fashioned hot comb
    Posted: Mar 09 2009 at 10:07am
Ok ladies i'm kind of new to pressing, so far only pressed once since i quit relaxing. I used an electric hot comb but it really didnt get that hot at all it was kinda of a joke really the hair didnt get straight at all... it got fluffy for a quick minute and then it was back to the 4a/b spirals...  Right now am looking for a old fashioned hot comb that goes in the stove thingy.. any ideas on where i can find one? cos most places only seem to have electric ones!

Sponsored Links

afrosista View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 09 2009 at 11:49am
ok so i jus got bak from the beauty store right near where i work and they  sell the old fashion comb but am wondering can i jus put on my stove in the kitchen or do i need the special hot comb stove they are sellin it for like 40 somthin bucks... does it really get hot enough?
please help!
afrosista View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 12 2009 at 12:09pm
no response at all? wow its cold in the pressing section lol Pinch
Bksaceofspade View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 15 2009 at 10:06am
You can use it on the kitchen stove but be careful it can get really hot and also you have to get some pressing creme i use dudley's pressing creme kind of pricey but i love how it makes my hair look silky
QueenSonia View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 15 2009 at 11:36am
If you are using the kitchen stove be careful because the comb could heat up unevenly and it may damage the comb with direct heat from the stove.  I use the pressing comb w/my marcel stove.
PinkSkates View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 18 2009 at 6:41pm
Originally posted by afrosista afrosista wrote:

Ok ladies i'm kind of new to pressing, so far only pressed once since i quit relaxing. I used an electric hot comb but it really didnt get that hot at all it was kinda of a joke really the hair didnt get straight at all... it got fluffy for a quick minute and then it was back to the 4a/b spirals...  Right now am looking for a old fashioned hot comb that goes in the stove thingy.. any ideas on where i can find one? cos most places only seem to have electric ones!

Check out goldensupreme.com I buy all of my heat appliances from them. And they make the fancy salon Heat Tester. It takes all the guess work out of the hot comb being too hot. And they come in pretty colors. You can see pictures of mine at www.kissmyhair.com look under heat appliances. Or you can check out my fotki.
Ayedeeosmeeo View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 03 2009 at 3:56pm
Yes, I would definitely invest in a proper pressing comb stove. You can search for "pressing comb stove" and many options will come up. I've been using a stove for years and I get pretty good results. There are photos in my fotki.

Good luck to you!
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic