Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Natural Hair Care
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - OK to those who dont know about Oil Rinsing.....
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

OK to those who dont know about Oil Rinsing.....

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 52535455>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 4 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Queentia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Queentia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2013 at 3:55pm
I can't believe I slept on oil rinses. First one I did was while transitioning with an oil "concoction" and it didn't do much for me. 
Friday I rinsed with just evoo and my hair felt so soft and was shiny...only thing now is I need to find a way to combat this itchy scalp.
Now that I think of it that "concoction" did have grape seed oil in it. I'm guessing the way to achieve positive results while doing an oil rinse is to use an oil that penetrates the hair shaft like coconut or extra virgin olive oil....hmmmm light bulb moment lol
Sponsored Links

shrew297 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shrew297 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2013 at 11:14am
Finally tried this with coconut oil and loved the results. Will definitely continue. 
brittsemone View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brittsemone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2013 at 1:07pm
Hmm. I'm going to try this.
Naturalchick30 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Naturalchick30 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2013 at 4:24pm
I tried this last week with black castor oil and my hair stayed soft and mosturized for a week.  I'm going to try it again using coconut oil.
NoirPur View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NoirPur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 11 2013 at 2:17pm
I just came here to say thank yoouuuu for this Clap. I recently started doing this about a month or two ago, and my hair is in the best state it has ever been in!

I no longer use or need any combs or brushes to detangle. It really does detangle with running water alone using my fingers. My hair has clumped together like I never knew it could. I do my hair so fast now. 

Just for reference, my strands are fine, with thick/dense volume. I'm guessing I'm a 4b because my hair doesn't spiral, but it zigzags. My hair is past apl, but not quite bsl (my bras sit low; I feel like bsl=mbl for me)

Here's my process: I wash with Elucence Moisture Acidifying Shampoo, oil rinse with EVOO, and condition with Kenra Moisturizing Conditioner. I don't deep condition or pre-poo (it just isn't necessary for me). I rinse everything out once I'm done applying to each section- I can use HUGE sections to wash my hair now, or leave it completely out which is remarkable for me. 

I use Oyin's Hair Dew as my leave in and finish/style with their Sugar Berries Pomade (I swear this pomade gave me more baby hair even though I already had full edges). I used to restyle/ moisturize midweek with Qhemet's Amla & Olive Heavy Cream, but I really don't have to now. 

For glossy sooooft detangled hair- TRY. IT. 
mvalrie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mvalrie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 12 2013 at 11:31am
ok...I may have to try this...my hair has been acting cray cray for the last two months 

Loves2Laugh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Loves2Laugh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 29 2013 at 10:21am
This was something I was planning on doing a while back but since I increased my use of oils in general (oiling my hair during take down, oil only prepoos etc)  -  and also for the last two months doing weekly cowashing only. So I didn't need the extra oil. But I'm re-thinking the no-poo method as I'm not completely happy with my progress and I'm going to introduce Ayurverdic (sp) products and re-introduce shampooing. I already have some Shikakai powder and Vatika Amla Coconut Oil.
Benni View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 02 2013 at 2:21pm
I love doing oil rinses. I use Coconut Oil or EVOO.
JoliePoufiasse View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 11 2013 at 2:07pm

I need to start doing this again. How long do you keep the oil on your hair before you rinse it with hot water? 5 min? 15 min? An hour? I can't remember what I used to do...

JoliePoufiasse View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 15 2013 at 1:13am
Answered my own question. Anywhere between 15 minutes to an hour.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 52535455>