FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

Forum LockedOK to Relax AFTER a Rinse?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
MsMotivation View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MsMotivation Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: OK to Relax AFTER a Rinse?
    Posted: Aug 13 2009 at 9:40am
Hi Ladies... I need some advice.

I'm natural, but wearing a sew in. After completing my install, I realized that I need to relax my hair - but I had already done a rinse with Jazzin. Is it OK to relax it now (after 2 days) or should I wait a few weeks?

It's only a small horseshoe section of my hair that's out, so it's not a lot of hair that I will be relaxing, but I don't want to end up with a bald spot there!   LOL

Thanks!
Sponsored Links

littlebunnz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote littlebunnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 13 2009 at 9:57am

I'm thinking that since the rinse isn't like a heavy duty chemical process, you should be fine as far as relaxing it.

But...can you find an alternative to relaxing? (just asking, since you're natural)  Like maybe flat ironing or something.....  I just don't get relaxing the leave out with the rest being natural...(even if it's hidden by weave)
BonitaApplebaum View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BonitaApplebaum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 13 2009 at 9:59am
It's okay to use a rinse the same day of a relaxer. It contains no ammonia therefore there will be no issue using it.

You should relaxer your hair then color right after.

Dont forget to moisturize and condition the hair.

Edited by BonitaApplebaum - Aug 13 2009 at 10:00am
MsMotivation View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MsMotivation Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 13 2009 at 11:53am
Originally posted by littlebunnz littlebunnz wrote:

I'm thinking that since the rinse isn't like a heavy duty chemical process, you should be fine as far as relaxing it.

But...can you find an alternative to relaxing? (just asking, since you're natural)  Like maybe flat ironing or something.....  I just don't get relaxing the leave out with the rest being natural...(even if it's hidden by weave)

I tried pressing/flat ironing, but i'm wearing wet and wavy hair and when i wet that hair, my hair gets wet and puffs up... plus i sweat a lot when working out, so relaxing seems to be my only real option - besides a FULL sew in which I'm going to learn how to do.

Thanks!
dejee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dejee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 13 2009 at 12:11pm
You can relax but it will take the color out. You can do the rinse again after you relax. Jazzing is ok to relax and color the same day since it's just a rinse.
510QUEEN View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 510QUEEN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 13 2009 at 12:33pm
actually you should relax first then rinse..........a rinse is what it says and when you relax you, poo, rinse, condition and then rinse again....................so do the relaxer first

a rinse is NOT a chemical process so they both can be done at the same time
lexis83 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lexis83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 13 2009 at 12:46pm

since you've already done the rinse I'd suggest you wait a week and then relax, but you might have to put in the rinse again since the relaxer will strip the color.

HairGirl203 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HairGirl203 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 13 2009 at 12:52pm
Originally posted by lexis83 lexis83 wrote:

since you've already done the rinse I'd suggest you wait a week and then relax, but you might have to put in the rinse again since the relaxer will strip the color.

This^^^
angierene View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote angierene Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 13 2009 at 12:52pm
Originally posted by lexis83 lexis83 wrote:

Yep
prettigurl View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote prettigurl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 13 2009 at 1:08pm
I rinsed my hair and relaxed it a week later. I'm surprised that the color didn't fade. It didn't do any damage, but it may strip the color a little.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic