I'd really like to know how best to use EOs and Ayurvedic in my regime.
I currently use the following oils for prepoos, in my conditioner (Aussie Moist) and in my daily moisturiser: EVOO; Jojoba; Grapeseed; Sweet Almond; Crude Avocado.
I also want to add the following Essential Oils for growth and to decrease shedding: Peppermint; Eucalyptus; Rosemary.
I also use Jamaican Organic Pimento & Castor Oil, which contains Grapeseed, Peppermint & Eucalyptus Oil. But I use it much less often and concentrate it on my scalp & temples, as it resulted in dry, hard, crispy hair.
I recently got some Shikakai powder, plus some Vatika Natural Coconut Oil with Amla (w/o mineral oil). However, I'm a little worried about the Amla, as it says it contains lemon to control sebum - but I don't produce enough to begin with! Anyway, I'm doing a patch test with the Amla (no irritation since I applied it just after midday) and I'm aiming to do one with the Shikakai tomorrow.Anyway, my questions are:
- How do I incorporate EOs and Ayurvedic products into my reggie?
- What amounts should I use and how often?
- What other EOs and Ayurvedic products can I use to stimulate growth, decrease shedding hair, reduce breakage and improve the condition of tightly coily, dry, protein sensitive hair, that won't cause irritation to my scalp?
- Is the Amla that I have sufficient for my needs? Meaning do I actually need any more EO or Ayurvedic?
- Can the Shikakai be used in a DC/prepoo/ daily moisturiser?
As you can see, i have a million and one questions! If anyone can help me out with any of them, I'd really appreciate it. Or, if there's a thread that deals with all this it would be great if you could point me in the right direction.
Edited by Loves2Laugh - Oct 04 2013 at 4:57pm