BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Homemade Hair Recipes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Oils and Ayurvedic Recipes

Post Reply Post Reply

Author
Loves2Laugh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Loves2Laugh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Oils and Ayurvedic Recipes
    Posted: Oct 04 2013 at 4:51pm
I'd really like to know how best to use EOs and Ayurvedic in my regime.

I currently use the following oils for prepoos, in my conditioner (Aussie Moist) and in my daily moisturiser: EVOO;  Jojoba;  Grapeseed;  Sweet Almond; Crude Avocado.

I also want to add the following Essential Oils for growth and to decrease shedding: Peppermint;  Eucalyptus; Rosemary.

I also use Jamaican Organic Pimento & Castor Oil, which contains Grapeseed, Peppermint & Eucalyptus Oil. But I use it much less often and concentrate it on my scalp & temples, as it resulted in dry, hard, crispy hair.

I recently got some Shikakai powder, plus some Vatika Natural Coconut Oil with Amla (w/o mineral oil). However, I'm a little worried about the Amla, as it says it contains lemon to control sebum - but I don't produce enough to begin with! Anyway, I'm doing a patch test with the Amla (no irritation since I applied it just after midday) and I'm aiming to do one with the Shikakai tomorrow.

Anyway, my questions are:
- How do I incorporate
EOs and Ayurvedic products into my reggie?
- What amounts should I use and how often?
- What other EOs and Ayurvedic products can I use to stimulate growth, decrease shedding hair, reduce breakage and improve the condition of tightly coily, dry, protein sensitive hair, that won't cause irritation to my scalp?

- Is the Amla that I have sufficient for my needs? Meaning do I actually need any more EO or Ayurvedic?
- Can the Shikakai be used in a DC/prepoo/ daily moisturiser?

As you can see, i have a million and one questions! If anyone can help me out with any of them, I'd really appreciate it. Or, if there's a thread that deals with all this it would be great if you could point me in the right direction.

TIA Smile

Edited by Loves2Laugh - Oct 04 2013 at 4:57pm
Sponsored Links

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Loves2Laugh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 05 2013 at 8:46am
Originally posted by Loves2Laugh Loves2Laugh wrote:

...I recently got some Shikakai powder, plus some Vatika Natural Coconut Oil with Amla (w/o mineral oil). However, I'm a little worried about the Amla, as it says it contains lemon to control sebum - but I don't produce enough to begin with! Anyway, I'm doing a patch test with the Amla (no irritation since I applied it just after midday) and I'm aiming to do one with the Shikakai tomorrow. ...

UPDATE:
Still no irritation with with the Amla (Yay!) so I think I'm in the safe zone with that. Plus, I tried the Shikakai at around 9am this morning and there was no irritation with that either. I know it hasn't been 24 hours for the Shikakai yet (it's only 2.45pm now) but I think that'll be OK too.

Edited by Loves2Laugh - Oct 05 2013 at 8:48am
bbthamd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote bbthamd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 11 2013 at 12:47pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Loves2Laugh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 10 2013 at 5:35pm
^^^ I just remembered that I created this post LOL. Sorry - and thanks, I'll defo check out those links
Benni View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 17 2013 at 5:33pm
I am thinking of doing a Henna treatment next weekend. I really miss it
DiscoveringNatural View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiscoveringNatural Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 24 2014 at 11:19am
My Bentonite clay mix. I have been using it for several years now:
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ArS1OM_JOh0&index=8&list=PLCT7rEmj0XkyQK1jeKWOyfGOTi_Ifu6Gj
A.KnottyCurl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A.KnottyCurl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 21 2014 at 9:59am
To: Discovering Natural
I've been trying out this MHMETHOD and one of the steps calls for a bentonite mask treatment . I'm nervous that it's making my scalp itchy although I love the results.Would you have any advice as to how often I should use it? Or is it okay to use it more than once or twice a week?
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic