Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Oiling your scalp daily challenge 2012

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2829303132 34>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 3.67  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
bslorbust View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bslorbust Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 17 2012 at 8:55pm
Hi I will also like to join. I actually started yesterday. I will oil daily with castor oil. i have used it before mixed with coconut oil and sulfur eight. i stopped because it  breaking me out. It grew and thickened my hair drastically. I was using that mixture twice a day. I will use castor oil once a day a night. Since castor oil is thick, I wont have to worry about it running on my face especially since I will be tying my hair up at night. Also i will put it on before I wash my face at night. 
Sponsored Links

Veemack View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Veemack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 17 2012 at 9:13pm
Originally posted by bslorbust bslorbust wrote:

Hi I will also like to join. I actually started yesterday. I will oil daily with castor oil. i have used it before mixed with coconut oil and sulfur eight. i stopped because it  breaking me out. It grew and thickened my hair drastically. I was using that mixture twice a day. I will use castor oil once a day a night. Since castor oil is thick, I wont have to worry about it running on my face especially since I will be tying my hair up at night. Also i will put it on before I wash my face at night. 
Hello and welcome to the challenge! Three things that I know will keep the oils from breaking you out. Apply natural oils that absorb into your hair strands. Do not apply to much so it does not drip. Mostly importantly wash your face right after you get through oiling your scalp. If you do not need to wash it, then go over your face with a cotton ball soaked in witch hazel or toner. Keep us posted on your results. Blessings!!!!!!!
Veemack View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Veemack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 17 2012 at 10:21pm
bslorbust View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bslorbust Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 18 2012 at 10:48am
Thank you! I just moisturized with my Kimmay tube leave in and oiled with castor oil. I tied my hair up. Tomorrow is wash day.
bslorbust View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bslorbust Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 19 2012 at 12:53pm
So today is wash day, so I took out my cornbraids that I have in my hair. My hair is soooooo supple. I can not believe it. i have only been doing this for about 4 days, but its so easy to comb. It even looks a little thicker, but it may be in my mind. The ends also look healthier and are not at frayed as they use to be. My edges need help though, but I think they will change. My scalp looks and feels good though.  I am so happy that I joined this challenge. I took pics of my hair and will try to upload my starting point.  I will wash it, and get it braided at my braiding salon. I usually have my beautician braid it as she is going to do a sew in weave ( in a beehive). I like when she does it because it last for about one month if not more and can survive my numerous deep conditioning without looking beat up. It cost me about $30, so not bad. She handles my hair very well to. I will keep those cornbraids in for one month, then note my progress. I will be wearing a wig when i need to go out. I am so excited to see the outcome of this challenge. I am going for one inch a month. I know its difficult, but I will try my best. I think I have a good regimen to get it. The kimmaytube leave in is awesome!

Thanks ladies.
Veemack View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Veemack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 19 2012 at 1:09pm
AWESOME! This is why I keep posting to hear reports such as yours.
Just remember the power is in your hands, keep oiling and taking care of your hair. You will continue to see a difference.Clap
kathytwa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kathytwa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 09 2012 at 12:13pm

I am still oiling hair for this year I went from bald hair in back and sides , now I have 5 to 6inch and more full head of hair. this is a lot for me from where I coming from . I hope to press hair at the end of the month for actual length. Regiment olive oil , multi - vitamin , India hemp grease, water , oil and Giovanni mix daily use, half wigs daily , comb hair once a week , no brushing, washing weekly. Thanks eveyone

Veemack View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Veemack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 13 2012 at 12:51am
Curry powder growth oil recipe:
Mix one tablespoon of curry powder with 4 ounces of olive oil inside a dark glass container.
Let the mix sit in a dry dark place for 5 weeks.
Shake your mix daily.
Be sure your bottle is sanitized and free of any water or moisture.

When your mixture is ready strain and massage oil into your scalp 3 times a week. Use for 3 months to see results.

Who should try this?:
Ladies in their 30's and up because this is a stimulating oil which improves blood circulation. When we hit the age of 30 our metabolism starts to slow down.

If you have a tight scalp and lots of tension in your shoulders and scalp.

If you do not exercise on a regular basis.

If you want to achieve maximum monthly hair growth.

Edited by Veemack - Dec 13 2012 at 12:53am
kathytwa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote kathytwa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 15 2012 at 9:38pm
I did flat Iron today , hair touching shoulder , from bald to shoulder . Thank God Clap
Veemack View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Veemack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 16 2012 at 11:56pm
Petroleum and Mineral Oil

Another look at petroleum for those who still want to use it in their regimen.

Petroleum= mineral oil=crude oil=liquid paraffin.

I have listed these because these are commonly found in many haircare and beauty products. But there are also other names but all of them are derived from petroleum.

Mineral oil is a lighter refined form of petroleum and it does not clog your hair follicles. Although it is called mineral oil it is not a vegetable oil. But we know that petroleum does come from the earth. Liquid paraffin is also a highly refined white mineral oil.

These oils have very little nutritional value for our hair or skin. But they are great for keeping bugs away, many times bugs leave fungus bacteria on our scalps which left untreated can cause hair loss or retard hair growth. Many companies use petroleum in products because it is great at keeping bacteria from growing in your hair products so it gives your products a longer shelf life.

A study reported in the Journal of Cosmetic Dermatology (2005) found that the type of highly refined and purified mineral oil found in cosmetic and skincare products is noncomedogenic (does not clog pores)

So there you have it, if you like using grease, keep using it, and use it without fear that it is damaging your hair. If it is working for you then continue. I do use grease on my hair strands sometimes.

Edited by Veemack - Dec 17 2012 at 12:00am
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions
The Haircare Solution for Locs and Twists
DHT Blocker System