Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Oiling your scalp daily challenge 2012

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2728293031 34>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 3.67  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Ilovepm23 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Ilovepm23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 31 2012 at 9:19pm
Thanks so much ;)
http://members.fotki.com/Ilovepm23/about/

http://public.fotki.com/Ilovepm23/
http://public.fotki.com/Ilovepm23/
Sponsored Links

Veemack View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Veemack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 31 2012 at 10:12pm
Originally posted by WeaverlyWa WeaverlyWa wrote:

Lets start oiling.
Okay now I'm gonna hold you to it.Big smile
Veemack View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Veemack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 06 2012 at 12:31pm
Still fighting your dry hair issues?

Here is a checklist of things you can do:

Check your porous issues. If your hair is overly porous then you will keep loosing moisture.

check your products be sure they do not contain the bad alcohols.

Are you oiling your hair daily? If not start today.

Do you wash your hair at least once a week? If not start today.

Always rinse your deep conditioner out with cool or cold water.

If you are using chemicals then you may need to stop, depending on your hair goal.

Take an inventory of your treatment products, be sure you are using them according to the directions on the bottle. Improper use of protein treatments can lead to dry hair issues.

Note: you may only need to implement one of these suggestions to correct your dry hair issue. Although all of these are good suggestions for healthy haircare.

Edited by Veemack - Nov 06 2012 at 12:35pm
Ilovepm23 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ilovepm23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 07 2012 at 2:23pm
Hi I am new to this website..I was wondering if anyone has a Chronic hair cutting problem.  I am looking for some things to try. Seems like I just can't stop at all. My hair is very short and the shorter it gets the more it bothers me. I don't if anyone understands. For some reason I feel awful when my hair is damaged and fried or when it breaks off, i feel like it looks so uneven, so i just trim a lil, then a lil more, and then next thing you know i took about 4-5 inches ;( ...i hate having short damaged hair...:( 
Ilovepm23 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ilovepm23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 07 2012 at 2:33pm
I like myself with a medium length hair, I been very negligent with my hair, i bleach and color, bleach again, color , partial highlights, full highlights, then i go brown, the brown with highlights, then all blonde, fibally the point were my hair is all damaged, i go black all over....then i get bired and tired and the highlights continue , everytime i color i trim, at salon or ay my home ;( .  Its a vicious cycle thats does not permit my hair to grow ;( at a decent length, always choppy and damaged ;( ... But, everytime I look at it... After color , there is something wrong. It's not perfect.... so, I change it...but, it never seems to be right. So then i color, bleach or highlight, the big chop, and every 1-2 years start all over.and sometimes ..most of the times i regret the color and always regret my cuts, bc they set me back fro my goal :(  
Veemack View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Veemack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 07 2012 at 2:42pm
Originally posted by Ilovepm23 Ilovepm23 wrote:

I like myself with a medium length hair, I been very negligent with my hair, i bleach and color, bleach again, color , partial highlights, full highlights, then i go brown, the brown with highlights, then all blonde, fibally the point were my hair is all damaged, i go black all over....then i get bired and tired and the highlights continue , everytime i color i trim, at salon or ay my home ;( .  Its a vicious cycle thats does not permit my hair to grow ;( at a decent length, always choppy and damaged ;( ... But, everytime I look at it... After color , there is something wrong. It's not perfect.... so, I change it...but, it never seems to be right. So then i color, bleach or highlight, the big chop, and every 1-2 years start all over.and sometimes ..most of the times i regret the color and always regret my cuts, bc they set me back fro my goal :(  
I have not had this problem, but I do know that with most women their emotions are tied to their hair. So whenever some of us are going through difficult times and we feel like we are not in control, we will manipulate those things which we do control. That would be our appearance. The quickest way to alter your appearance is to cut or color your hair........As far as damage, the only way to stop it is to stop coloring your hair and using chemicals. Let it grow out healthy and adopt a healthy haircare regimen. While your hair is short all you can do is wear extension if you do not like short hair. Blessings to you!!!!!!!!!
Juana4ev View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Juana4ev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 14 2012 at 9:00pm
Hey, I'd like to join. Didn't even see this thread and actually wanted to start a challenge. I can post my updated pics on Sunday when I measure. The posts says every 30 days so I'm guessing I won't be able to start until Dec?

My hair is Relaxed 4a/b. I'm currently setback to Bra Strap Length I believe. Want to reach Waistlength then possibly Hiplength by next August. I'm going to oil my scalp nightly with my Tressfully Yours Stimulating Scalp Oil mix.
Veemack View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Veemack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 15 2012 at 8:49am
Originally posted by Juana4ev Juana4ev wrote:

Hey, I'd like to join. Didn't even see this thread and actually wanted to start a challenge. I can post my updated pics on Sunday when I measure. The posts says every 30 days so I'm guessing I won't be able to start until Dec?

My hair is Relaxed 4a/b. I'm currently setback to Bra Strap Length I believe. Want to reach Waistlength then possibly Hiplength by next August. I'm going to oil my scalp nightly with my Tressfully Yours Stimulating Scalp Oil mix.
We have gone through several 30 day oil challenges thus far, now you can start anytime. Just list your start date and keep us posted of your progress. Commit to doing this daily, this is the only way to see results. Read at least the first 10 pages of this thread, for some great information that will enable to get the best results. Blessings to you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Veemack View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Veemack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 16 2012 at 12:41pm
Originally posted by Juana4ev Juana4ev wrote:

Please tell us more about the oil you are using. Have you used it before on a consistent basis? If so, what were your results?  I personally feel oiling our scalp daily is one of the top 3 best things we can do for our hair. Yes afro hair produces good amounts of sebum but health, diet, medications and age interfere with sebum production. Oiling our scalp daily gives our hair the extra boost it needs to thrive.

Ladies in this cold weather it is all about stimulate, stimulate, stimulate! So I have a fantastic recipe for a stimulating oil mix that is sure to boost your hairs growth. Need that extra boost to achieve your 2012 goals? Stay tune for the recipe.
Juana4ev View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Juana4ev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 16 2012 at 1:29pm
I agree. Oiling our scalp is one of the best because it definitely ensures circulation to our scalp since you have to massage it in. The mix I'm using is actually an all natural oil mix I've tried on friends & family and decided to sell. It's helped them with their hair growth. My friend actually won her $500 bet to reach waistlength by using that and other stuff. I'm going to post my regimen & pics this weekend. I keep everything simple now.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2728293031 34>
  Share Topic