Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Oiling your scalp daily challenge 2012

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 323334

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 3.67  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
AS82 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AS82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 25 2013 at 7:11am
Right lol
Sponsored Links

Veemack View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Veemack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2013 at 9:17am
So what is the big deal about using oils such as coconut oil, avocado oil and EVOO? Versus using castor oil, grapeseed oil etc?

The big deal is how these oils function. When you need your hair to be strengthened from the inside out, you should opt for an oil which absorbs into the hair shaft the oils which do this the best are EVOO, Coconut oil and avocado oil. Coconut oil penetrates down to the cortex of the hair, providing the hair with lubrication and reduces the amounts of protein loss during washings. This oil also is a great frizz reducer it smooths the hair cuticle. Avocado oil is a super moisturizer to the hair and it is high in plan steroids.

So when you are treating weak, broken hair you want an oil that will do more than just lay on top of the hair shaft, you want lasting protection. These oils give you this. Now your results will greatly depend on the quality of the oils you chose to purchase. You only received these benefits when you purchase good quality oils, oils which are unrefined and cold pressed. These oil still have all their healing properties and you will reap the benefits, refined oils have been weakened by heat. This is why some use these oils and say, "Well they did nothing for me" In order to make a fair review about and oil you must first used the best quality of the oil of your choice. You want the oil to be cold pressed and unrefined.

So what about Castor oil and grapseed oil, etc?

These oils are good also.
Castor oil is thick and heavy so it may not suit those with straight hair.
Grapeseed oil is a very good oil one of my favorites. It makes my hair soooo soft, better than any oil I have used. But it is not absorbing, so it sits on top of the hair. Which is okay because it gives you great shine. But just be aware, because most oils that are not absorbing transfer a lot. When I use grapseed oil (which is a lot) my computer stays greasy, because I love to put my fingers in my hair. So this is just something to be mindful about.

Always remember whether using a creamy conditioner or an absorbing oil, the hair will only absorb but so much of the product. So more will not benefit you in this instance. So you can save yourself lots of money by applying what is needed. Start small and allow your hair to speak to you. Just because it looks like your hair is eating up the product does not necessarily mean that you should apply more product in the case of oils and conditioners.

Edited by Veemack - May 02 2013 at 9:20am
Veemack View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Veemack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2013 at 7:22am
Veemack View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Veemack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2013 at 9:03pm
Say bye bye to ssk and send 1/2 your tangles packing.

How?

Start oiling your scalp and hair daily. Opt for oils which absorb into your hair strands. These oils do not create buildup on your hair unless you do not wash your hair weekly. I find that these oils do not transfer to paperwork, our sheets, laptop etc throughout the day.  Be sure not to be heavy handed with any oil, this wastes money and makes things messy for you. Remove 1 teaspoon of your oil of choice from bottle and pour onto a plate. Then dip your fingers into the oil and apply to your hair, if you need more then add another teaspoon, doing it this way keeps you from using to much product and making a mess.

EVOO, Coconut oil and Avocado oil are 3 good absorbing oils pick one and apply it to your hair daily and watch your hair transform.
Veemack View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Veemack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 17 2013 at 3:16pm
Good day folks stopping by to say, yes I am still oiling!!! Big smileLOLLOL

Let me say that I am loving my 100% pure Argan Oil. I purchase just a 1 ounce bottle because it is expensive. This is my recommendation when your are purchasing new oils which are costly, that you start with a small bottle. Because not all argan oil is made of equal quality the same as not all EVOO is made of equal quality. It depends on where the company gets the plant or fruit to make the oil and how the oil is extracted from the plant.

So far I love this argan oil I have recently purchased. And a little truly does go a long way. It reminds me of emu oil, because a little of that oil goes a long way. Once I use it for several more weeks or until the bottle is gone, I will then share the name of the company which makes this argan oil. But so far I am loving this oil. My hair is not extra dry anyway, because my hydration has been on point, but it still has greatly benefited from argan oil. If you have extra dry hair and need a oil to assist with the extra dryness or if you are looking for a really good moisturizer for the face, I recommend giving a good quality 100% pure argan oil a try. Emu oil is also excellent for the skin, I use it as a moisturizer all the time, I have a 4 ounce bottle that lasts a long time. For a longer shelf life you can add some vitamin E oil to either of these oils if desired. Personally I do not add anything, because I use oils daily, so I use them up before their expiration dates.
So if you can afford either of these oils give them a try, but remember EVOO, coconut oil and avocado oil work very well also, and are way less costly.

oneluv980 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneluv980 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 31 2013 at 9:23pm
Is this challenge still open or have any participants? I would love to join!
redbone.savage View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redbone.savage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 05 2013 at 8:31pm
WILL THERE BE AT 2014 CHALLENGE JUST LIKE THIS ?
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions
The Haircare Solution for Locs and Twists
DHT Blocker System
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 323334