BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Oiling your scalp daily challenge 2012

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 31323334>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 3.67  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
GoodGirlGoneGr8 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoodGirlGoneGr8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 09 2013 at 2:05pm
I have been doing some major slacking on my hair care. My hair's not suffering any type of damage or anything, but I'm also not taking many steps to promote growth.

I was in a sew-in from mid-December to mid-February (so for about 2 months)...then about a week after my sew-in take-down, I got some Senegalese twists put in. They're still in my head, and I plan on keeping them til next month.

Soooo I guess my issue is not with PSing or growth retention, but I haven't been using any of my growth aids.

I went to the BSS today and picked up my two fave products that have worked amazingly in the past...WGO and JBCO.

I'll start using them as soon as I get home today.
Sponsored Links

Veemack View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Veemack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 12 2013 at 1:55pm
Having a difficult time keeping your hair from looking dull?

Would you like more shine and glow?

Add almond oil to your oil rotation.

It doesn't matter whether it says almond oil or sweet almond oil. This oil provides amazing benefits to your hair and one of which is SHINE!!!!!!!!!!!

LadyAradia View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 12 2013 at 8:09pm
I just started oiling my scalp today with liquid gold sulfur.  I plan to do it every other day with ghe overnight. We will see what happens.
LadyAradia View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 21 2013 at 8:09am
For those who do sulfur oils, I just found out that Shapely's MTG which is one of the best growth aids though used for  horses and has a horrible odor has come out with a new herbal fragrance MTG Plus. This new fragrance makes it much more comfy for humans to use. 
I will be adding it to my reggie because it also has Zinc along with sulfur.
Veemack View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Veemack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 21 2013 at 11:48am
This oil is excellent for encouraging hair growth and itchy scalp. I always keep some around. I have heard people complain about the smell but it does not bother me nor those around me.....Smart of them to improve since so many women are using this product.
Veemack View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Veemack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 24 2013 at 5:16am
Start now with protecting your hair strands from the harshness of sun exposure.
Do not wait until it gets hot to start protecting your tresses.
Simple oil mix for Sun protection:
3 ounces of Sunflower seed oil
3 ounces of Grape Seed oil
3 ounces of Coconut oil

(Apply to scalp and hair daily)

Sunflower and grapseed oil are great to use against free radicals and sun protection. Look up its benefits if you are interested.

The best sun protection comes from moisturizing your hair and wearing it in a natural twisted or braided style covered by a pretty scarf or hat.

Edited by Veemack - Apr 24 2013 at 5:18am
AS82 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AS82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 24 2013 at 6:16am
Hey ladies, I joined the challenge a while back but was never fully committed to it. I'm about to cut my hair short, do you think it's still important to oil or is it more for those wanting improved growth?
Veemack View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Veemack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 24 2013 at 7:16am
Originally posted by AS82 AS82 wrote:

Hey ladies, I joined the challenge a while back but was never fully committed to it. I'm about to cut my hair short, do you think it's still important to oil or is it more for those wanting improved growth?
The best benefit you get from daily oiling is  a decrease in tangles and it makes ssk disappear. These two benefits are seen after 7 days of consistently oiling your scalp and hair with a natural oil. The growth comes from consistently doing the oiling in combination with massage this helps our natural sebum production and stimulates the hair roots. Better blood flow equals more nutrients to the hair roots which create the hair growth. So oiling is just a good habit to have for manageability as well as hair growth. Also it helps give the hair shine.....Good to see you back posting or maybe I just missed your posts, cause I only browse about once a week. I mostly just click on comment on my topics and exit. Blessings to you!
AS82 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AS82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 24 2013 at 9:43am
Thanks Vee, I plan on maintaining my short cut for about a year so I just don't want anything to increase my growth since I'll already have to keep going bimonthly to maintain my cut.
Veemack View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Veemack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 25 2013 at 2:09am
Originally posted by AS82 AS82 wrote:

Thanks Vee, I plan on maintaining my short cut for about a year so I just don't want anything to increase my growth since I'll already have to keep going bimonthly to maintain my cut.
Now you know because you do not want it to grow fast it will grow fast. You know how that goes.Big smile
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 31323334>