Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Oiling your scalp daily challenge 2012

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3031323334>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 3.67  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Veemack View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Veemack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 21 2013 at 10:35pm
Originally posted by kathytwa kathytwa wrote:

1/2012 hair loss
Go ahead Ms. Kathy, to God be all the glory! Your hairs looks so soft and luscious. May your improvement continue, in Jesus Christ name. Thanks for sharing with us.
Sponsored Links

kathytwa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kathytwa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 22 2013 at 9:18pm
Thanks Ms Vee , I am happy and blessed , my next goal is thickness , I will contiue with my daily routine.
AmberColour View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AmberColour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 23 2013 at 1:37pm
I really feel like I may get into this...
But not right now since my hair is in twists. 
It could benefit me, but I don't want an overly oily scalp while I'm unable to cowash often.
(Love my twa for that!)
I have 2 liters(?) of Avocado oil which are not going anywhere anytime soon.LOL 
Veemack View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Veemack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 05 2013 at 12:41pm
Thread summary:
There is a lot of good information provided here about daily oiling
Part one:
Participant testimony on what frequent oiling did for their hair-------Page 3 and 4, 12-14
A conversation about greaseSmile-------------------------------------Page 11
Scalp treatment recipe-----------------------------------------------page 12
Benefits of Emu oil---------------------------------------------------page 15
More talk about grease-----------------------------------------------page 22
How to get healthy sebum flow---------------------------------------page 24
Awesome hair recipe shared in detail----------------------------------page 25
Veemack View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Veemack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 01 2013 at 5:59am
Argan Oil

I love natural oils!
Oiling my hair daily is the best thing I have ever done for it recently. But it must be done consistently.
I love Coconut, Avocado and Olive oil! Emu oil is my favorite designer oil. BUT, this ARGAN OIL is an absolutely amazing oil. It beats all of the above in terms of hydration. Yea I know people often say oils do not moisturize the hair. Well to each their own, but I believe and know that they do provide excellent lubrication and emollient benefits to your hair. I even heard Dr. Oz say that olive oil moisturizes, he used the word specifically. Anyway it is not because I heard him say it that I know this, but it is from experience with oils that I know this. I apply a creamy moisturizer to my hair around every 3 days sometimes longer. But I apply a natural oil everyday. Anyway I am not debating it, this is what I believe and know, other can believe whatever works for them, if it is indeed working.

Back to this AMAZING ARGAN OIL this stuff is awesome! I am not talking about those argan oil products that you buy in the BSS or Walmart. I am speaking of  %100 pure Argan oil. Now this oil is not for everyone because it is very expensive per ounce. Anywhere b/n $23-$30 per about 1.7 ounces. But it only takes a little bit of this oil to do the job. But this oil is not something you play around with or get heavy handed with, it is only for those serious about reaping the benefits which this oil provides.

First this oil is rare because it is only found in Morocco. It is a vegetable oil, the seeds of the nut from the tree are pressed into a golden color oil that has a high concentration of Vitamin E and also Vitamin A. This oil absorbs rapidly into your skin. It is a cure for dry brittle hair and provides long lasting moisture to your hair strands. This oil strengthens much better than coconut oil and helps with the elasticity of your hair.

Helps to cure skin and scalp infections, wrinkles and stretch marks. This oil is amazing!!!!!!!!

I recommend this oil for people with extremely dry brittle hair and skin. Those suffering from skin infections such as eczema. This oil is considered a super food!!!!!!

Remember it has to be 100% pure Argan oil cold pressed. When you purchase this oil mixed with other ingredients and preservatives you diminish the effectiveness of the oil.

Stay tuned for the way this super oil makes your hair grow!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Veemack - Mar 01 2013 at 6:22am
Veemack View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Veemack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 04 2013 at 9:27am
More about Amazing Argan Oil

Argan oil has higher concentrations of vitmain E, Vitamin A, Carotene, Omega 6 & 9, than Olive oil.
When you apply this oil to your scalp it absorbs rapidly, faster than EVOO or CO.
The affects from this oil happen quickly, so you see results faster.

Argan oil increases the amount of Keratin you produce
It prolongs the life of your hair strands.
When applied to the scalp it stimulate growth and stops hair loss.

If you suffer from extremely dry hair and you have tried others remedies this is a oil to try. This oil give superior hydration and long lasting moisture. The cost is expensive but you only need a little bit, to see results.

Remember it must be cold pressed and free of preservatives.
All of these new products on the market advertising Argan oil, there is very little argan oil in the product. The main reason why many cosmetic manufacturers do not use Argan oil is because it is very expensive to add to products. So if you purchase a conditioner or styling product which is suppose to have argan oil in it and it only cost you $7-10 then it probably has a drop of Argan oil in it. Expect good quality products with Argan oil to cost $20-$30.

Veemack View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Veemack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 05 2013 at 1:39am
INGREDIENTS: JAMAICAN BLACK CASTOR OIL, ARGAN OIL, SHEA OIL, COCONUT OIL, WHEAT GERM $17.99
Found out Tropical Isle is now making a castor oil mixed with argan oil. You get 4 ounces for 17.99. Notice the argan oil is listed second, so I would hope there is a good amount of argan oil in this product. This is the only reason it should be priced so much per ounce. This is more than $4 per ounce. It has a lot of thick oils so I am sure a little goes a long way. I have not used this product, but it looks like a good one.

Edited by Veemack - Mar 05 2013 at 1:43am
Veemack View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Veemack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 06 2013 at 9:35am
Veemack View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Veemack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 20 2013 at 10:14am
Sunflower oil

Now this is an oil which most people overlook for their haircare regimens.
But this oil is a good inexpensive oil.
The best benefits of this oil is that it prevents hair loss in people who are susceptible pattern baldness and alopecia areata. Daily use of this oil makes your hair strands stronger and eases frizz.

Acts as a protection barrier for skin infections
reduces free radicals
Great oil to use during the Summer months because it protects the hair from the absorption of ultra violet rays.
An essential fatty acid which softens hair.
Sunflower oil is a good skin emollient. Emollients prevent water loss.

This oil is quick to become rancid so when purchased it should be used frequently
Shelf life is 3 to 6 months.
madisonelise View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote madisonelise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 21 2013 at 11:23pm
I love this simple oil for keeping my scalp moisturized against dryness

Black & Beautiful Carrot Gro Spray Oil with Natural Carrot Extract, Cocoa Butter & Vitamin E

http://madisonelise.hubpages.com/
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions
The Haircare Solution for Locs and Twists
DHT Blocker System