BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Oiling your scalp daily challenge 2012

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2627282930 34>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 3.67  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Veemack View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Veemack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 22 2012 at 6:05pm
Coconut Oil

Lets revisit this Super Oil:

This is one of the best oils you can invest in as far as hair benefits and price. You get the most benefits from coconut oil that is cold pressed and virgin when you buy it. Therefore purchasing your coconut oil from a healthfood store is much more beneficial than getting it from the grocery store. The oil you buy in the grocery store is sold with the intentions that it will be heated and used in food, so it does not contain many of the benefits you need for applying tropically. Most of the CO I have seen in the non healthfood store is refined, for your hair and body you want to purchase unrefined coconut oil. Get the best for your money. Not all oils are created equal.

Coconut oil smooths the hair  cuticle and strengthens the hairshaft.
It cleans the bad oils from your hair follicles.
If your hair is fine and tightly coily it is best to use CO as a pre treatment before you wash your hair.
Why? To protect your hair from breakage during the wash process and help with your hair elasticity.

The best thing about CO is that it can help you achieve better sebum production.

Massage CO into your scalp for 3 days straight and then stop for two days, repeat this rotation for a month, and you will see that your hair stays moisturized better and much longer. This is because the coconut oil and the massage motion has stimulated your sebum production and caused you to produce more sebum. The more sebum you produce the better your hair grows.

Edited by Veemack - Oct 22 2012 at 6:10pm
Sponsored Links

Veemack View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Veemack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 25 2012 at 5:12pm
Yesterday, while running errands, a lady stopped me to give my a nice compliment about my hair.She asked me how did I achieve my style and what did I use. I do not use lots of products at one time on my hair, so i was able to easily call the products out to her. I told her it was a 4 day old twist out. I applied shea moisture curl enhancing smoothie as my leave in, then I applied natural good quality oils to my scalp and hair. On that day I had not applied any moisturizer  in 4 days, my hair is so balanced it stays moisturized with the  help of natural oils that I apply daily. That day I had used grapeseed oil, which makes my hair soft, lubricated and shiny.

Current oil therapy rotation:

Olive oil with rosemary essential oil-------3 times a week
Walnut oil_________________________twice a week
Glory Be hair growth oil_______________twice a week

I will do this rotation for 30 days before switching up.

NOTE: If you chose to try Walnut oil purchase it from the healthfood store and it will say store in refrigerator. This oil is amazing, but when you put it on it will not feel like it is doing anything. It feels different from other oils if you purchase the cold pressed from the healthfood store.

Edited by Veemack - Oct 25 2012 at 5:22pm
justyna123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote justyna123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 30 2012 at 10:12am
http://slaweklondon.co.uk/news.php?item.40 heres some more information about oiling your hair :)
littlebabybug View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote littlebabybug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 30 2012 at 11:03am
i get webby hair too sometimes. i'm not sure what causes it, but it's annoying. i'm still lurking veemack- don't have a lot of spare oils running around my house that aren't used for cooking. but i'm gonna see if i can fit oiling in somewhere. last time i tried i did not like it because the oil ran everywhere. perhaps i used too much? and olive oil's not my fave since it makes my hair sizzling dry and crunchy. do you know why it might have that effect? 
Veemack View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Veemack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 30 2012 at 2:53pm
Originally posted by littlebabybug littlebabybug wrote:

i get webby hair too sometimes. i'm not sure what causes it, but it's annoying. i'm still lurking veemack- don't have a lot of spare oils running around my house that aren't used for cooking. but i'm gonna see if i can fit oiling in somewhere. last time i tried i did not like it because the oil ran everywhere. perhaps i used too much? and olive oil's not my fave since it makes my hair sizzling dry and crunchy. do you know why it might have that effect? 
Well the kitchen oils are better than no oil, it took me a while to get my stash up, they can be expensive, but worth it. Now I still purchase olive oil from the grocery store but that is the only one,the rest I order or pick up at the health food store. Make a list of the oils you desire and just add one or two each month....At one point olive oil did me the same way, your hair has to already have moisture in it before you apply the oil. So if your hair is dry, there is a good possibility that the oil will make your hair more dry. Have you figured your hairs porosity? Are you normal, overly or under? No other technique works well until the porous issues are corrected.

Edited by Veemack - Oct 30 2012 at 2:55pm
BrunBella23 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrunBella23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 30 2012 at 3:43pm
Veemack, I'm calling you out lady!

I purchased a while ago the Shea Moisture Organic Raw Shea Butter Reconstructive Elixir Spray.  What's your opinion on this?  It has a combo of good oils in it and most of their products are really nice.  What I really like about it is its convenience- the spray bottle.  The smell isnt too bad either.  Smells like argan oil.  I started using this again on my scalp and so far it's nice.  I also use Avocado oil to seal after washing and before blow drying..love avocado oil! I know you're familiar with their products; have you tried this one by Shea Moisture?  
Ilovepm23 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ilovepm23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 31 2012 at 1:15pm
I would love to join for the month of November and also for December
2012 ...ill start oiling my scalp November 1 2012 ..how do i post a
a starting picture and ending pic for the month, to show progress?
Thanks
Veemack View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Veemack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 31 2012 at 2:32pm
Originally posted by BrunBella23 BrunBella23 wrote:

Veemack, I'm calling you out lady!

I purchased a while ago the Shea Moisture Organic Raw Shea Butter Reconstructive Elixir Spray.  What's your opinion on this?  It has a combo of good oils in it and most of their products are really nice.  What I really like about it is its convenience- the spray bottle.  The smell isnt too bad either.  Smells like argan oil.  I started using this again on my scalp and so far it's nice.  I also use Avocado oil to seal after washing and before blow drying..love avocado oil! I know you're familiar with their products; have you tried this one by Shea Moisture?  
Every product by them that I have tried I did love and felt it was worth the money. But I have not tried this reconstructive elixir spray. I rarely use a reconstructive treatment but when I need my strands strengthened I just give myself a aphogee 2 step treatment about every 10 weeks. And because I use pure oils I rarely buy a products like oil elixirs. It sounds good though.

Edited by Veemack - Oct 31 2012 at 10:11pm
Veemack View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Veemack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 31 2012 at 2:37pm
Originally posted by Ilovepm23 Ilovepm23 wrote:

I would love to join for the month of November and also for December
2012 ...ill start oiling my scalp November 1 2012 ..how do i post a
a starting picture and ending pic for the month, to show progress?
Thanks
Welcome to the challenge you will find it beneficial to your haircare regimen. This forums makes it kinda hard to post pictures, but for your profile picture, start by making sure it is the appropriate size, go to your "member control panel" then click profile, scroll down and your will see where it says add avatar, when you click on the upload it will tell you how small the picture must be to upload.
WeaverlyWa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WeaverlyWa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 31 2012 at 8:45pm
Lets start oiling.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Make Them Stare Hair
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2627282930 34>