FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Topic ClosedOiling your scalp daily challenge 2012

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 34>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 3.67  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Veemack View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Oiling your scalp daily challenge 2012
    Posted: Apr 16 2012 at 2:52pm
Some people have said they would like to see more challenges in the growth section, so I am taking the initiative to invite anyone who would like to, to come along with me on a hair journey of:
 OILING YOUR SCALP DAILY

This challenge is for those who do not normally oil their scalp daily.

You can use the oil of your choice.

Please refrain from bashing people who decide to use grease as their oil of choice.

Purpose of this challenge is to see if oiling your scalp on a daily basis makes a difference for you.

Post pictures if you like or not.

Please check in at least every 3 days and let us know your progress.

Please motivate the group.

Please offer information in a positive way about the benefits of different oils.

This challenge will be all year for 2012.

However we will do this in 30 day intervals.

I will create a new list of participants every 30 days.

At the end of every 30 days we will share results/pictures, etc.

This is a personal challenge for me, because I am not one to oil my scalp daily. I never have been. I always put stuff on my hair, but leave my scalp clean. So this is a challenge for me. I am already on day 3.

Sponsored Links

Certified*Baby View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 16 2012 at 2:55pm
Is there a benefit to scalp oiling?
Veemack View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 16 2012 at 3:03pm
Originally posted by Certified*Baby Certified*Baby wrote:

Is there a benefit to scalp oiling?
I feel if depends on the health of your body. Some things such as poor diet and medications retard our normal sebum production. If your scalp and diet are good then it is probably not needed. Also age can make a difference, most things slow down as we age.
Our scalp does produce it own sebum under healthy conditions.

I am doing this as a personal challenge, because of a post I read, and it made me think,because all my life I have been lazy about oiling my scalp.
http://forum.blackhairmedia.com/topic336592.html

Edited by Veemack - Apr 16 2012 at 3:05pm
Veemack View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 17 2012 at 10:56am
This is day 4 for me of oiling my scalp daily. One good thing about it, is that it requires that I touch my entire scalp daily, so this keep me aware of what going on with my scalp, as far as sore areas or bumps or thinning hair. My scalp feels pretty healthy, I had a small bump in the nape area about 5 days ago, but now that has completely healed. No sore spots at all. I presently have my hair loose, so I thought this would tangle it, but it made my tangles better, so this is a plus. Also I have noticed that my daily shedding has decreased by 50%.                      
Veemack View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 18 2012 at 11:48am
Natural oils that are reasonable in price, and also penetrates the cortex of you hair.

Introducing the "Inexpensive penetrators"

Olive oil: This is just a all round great versatile oil. This oil is great to use on the hair strands and scalp. It is a great all round versatile oil to have in your hair kit. This oil strengthens and for some give great sheen. Be sure to buy only extra virgin olive oil. This oil is pretty inexpensive, so opt for a brand that cost a little more, so that you get a better quality.

Coconut oil: This oil lubricates hair really well and it nourishes the scalp. Coconut oil contains: magnesium, potassium, calcium and iron. If your hair is damaged it will strengthen your hair strands. This oil is great to use as a pre-conditioning treatment before you shampoo. It help cut down on the amount of breakage you have from manipulating your hair when you wash it. Now if the Olive oil will not give you shine, coconut oil is sure to do the job.

Avocado oil: this oil gives your hair incredible softness, sheen and strength. This oil is high in plan steroids and does well in healing a irritated unhealthy scalp. The avocado has the highest amount of protein than any other fruit. This oil is packed with vitamins: A. B, D, and Potassium. This is a super oil. Avocado cost more than the other two oil listed above, but a little goes a long way. If you have not tried pure avocado oil,you are missing a treat. You hair is sure to love it.

There you go ladies I call these the super oils, the best in terms of cost, longevity, vitamins and minerals.
-------------------------Stay Blessed-----------------------------------

Edited by Veemack - Apr 18 2012 at 12:12pm
kwicherbichen View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 18 2012 at 9:30pm
Oiling my scalp daily helps keep my hair from being tangled. hat's for sure. But I always fall off the band wagon. 
Veemack View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 19 2012 at 8:58am
This is day 6 of me oiling my scalp: Although I almost missed yesterday, I was so tired, but I oiled it anyway although I was half asleep while doing it, lol. I just grabbed the first oil I saw which was coconut oil and used it. Coconut is one of the super oils, so that is fine.  Honestly I thought I would have oil everywhere, but so far that has not been the case. I thought my scalp would feel super oily to the touch, but that is not the case. Maybe because I am using good oils that penetrate. And still folks I have very little shedding per day. Maybe my hair needed this daily treatment. A little to early for final results. But this is the verdict right now.
Make it a blessed day everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Remember don't look back because you are not going that way.
Veemack View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 20 2012 at 2:10pm
Good afternoon! Happy Friday to all!!!!!!!!!!

This is day 7 of my oiling your scalp challenge, and I must say, I have been consistent and have not missed a day so far. Yesterday I shampooed my hair and applied my personal oil blend. The changes I have noticed so far: Shedding reduced by 90%, although I didn't have an extreme amount of shedding before, but I noticed a decrease. Now one problem I did have was what I call webbing of the hair. When you take your loose hair and pull it apart with your fingers, and you get the webbing effect between your hair strands. I got this a lot, because I have always had lots of tangles. My tangles have improved a great deal in the last year from doing the GHE and correcting my porous issues. But I still had this webbing issue. Also I notice when I part my hair and separate it my hair no longer tangles on the tips. This was also a problem which caused some breakage on my ends. So this if the first weeks results: A lot less shedding and no webbing. I will keep oiling my scalp daily for 30 days, and if I see that the results are beneficial, then this will become part of my daily routine. Thumbs Up so far!

Edited by Veemack - Apr 20 2012 at 2:13pm
kathytwa View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 22 2012 at 7:57pm
I will start oiling my scalp daily , I  have coconut and olive oil
Veemack View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 23 2012 at 7:16am
Originally posted by kathytwa kathytwa wrote:

I will start oiling my scalp daily , I  have coconut and olive oil
Before starting this challenge how often did you take time to oil your scalp well? Let me know if you notice any differences in your hair. Blessings!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 34>
  Share Topic