Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
MzCaliky View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Oil Sheen?
    Posted: Oct 12 2008 at 5:40pm
Okay, so the dilemma is that I am one of those women with fine hair. I am trying really hard to not relax until mid December by using mainly rollersets which knocks a lot of the kinky roots out when rolled tight enough. I like to use light oils so as to not weigh my hair down. I want to use an oil sheen but I have a concern: every oil sheen I've seen has mineral oil. How bad is this for hair growth really if use 3-4 times per week?

I recently tried a couple of oil sheens that I thought might be a little better for me:

What are your opinions? I am a product junkie so I have tried others but these are the two newest.

Edited by MzCaliky - Oct 12 2008 at 5:41pm
Sponsored Links

Miss ViVi View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 12 2008 at 5:44pm
I don't think it should be bad as long as you don't over do it with the sheen/completely saturate your hair with it
JMilz86 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 12 2008 at 5:48pm
There is a motions oil sheen with no mineral oil. it has:C11-13,isoparaffin, macadamia ternifolia, isobutane, propane, isodecyl oleate, aloe barbadensis, chamomilla recutita, panax ginseng, alcohol denat.,
IDK wat any of these are sorry...but i bought it b/c it didnt have mineral oil or petroleum...omly the trial size tho
indiecat View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 12 2008 at 5:56pm
Originally posted by JMilz86 JMilz86 wrote:

There is a motions oil sheen with no mineral oil. it has:C11-13,isoparaffin, macadamia ternifolia, isobutane, propane, isodecyl oleate, aloe barbadensis, chamomilla recutita, panax ginseng, alcohol denat.,
IDK wat any of these are sorry...but i bought it b/c it didnt have mineral oil or petroleum...omly the trial size tho

actually i read on LHCF that paraffin was another name for mineral oil or kerosene

here is what i read because i just bought some hollywood beauty castor oil. it had paraffin in it no min oil..but paraffin is supposed to be min oil.

link also http://www.longhaircareforum.com/forums/showthread.php?p=5311485
Originally Posted by Priestess View%20Post
It's the closet thing I've found at the drugstore/bss. It protects ends from splits, locks in moisture and gives shine. Here are the ingriedients:

Hollywood Beauty Oil Complex (Castor Oil, Mink Oil, Sweet Almond Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Jojoba Oil, Paraffin Oil, Safflower Oil), Lanolin, Cocoa Butter, Propylparaben, Fragrance.

I still love the Heavy Cream tho, it's just nice there are options. At least that's what I tell my pj self.
I've used the Hollywood Beauty Castor Oil too. It doesn't contain petroleum but paraffin oil is another name for mineral oil and/or kerosene
MzCaliky View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 12 2008 at 5:56pm

Yeah I have some of that too but was not overly impressed with that either.

ms_b_haven06 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 12 2008 at 6:16pm
I thought that you could use mineral oil, just not on the scalp.
SELU10 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 12 2008 at 6:35pm
Don't feel bad because I am a product junkie tooLOL. I would recommend using Elasta QP because it is really lightweight, but it has mineral oil in it.
OnMyJourney View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 12 2008 at 6:44pm
WHy don't you buy an aerosol can in the food section of Walmart or down the oil aisle at the grocery store and put jojoba or some other light oil in it to use as your own oil sheen?  I have been putting jojoba in a small spray bottle to use on my daughter's hair, but it started to clog. Then I read someone recommend this aerosol can...sounds like it's right up your alley as well. 
JMilz86 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 12 2008 at 6:52pm
Originally posted by indiecat indiecat wrote:

actually i read on LHCF that paraffin was another name for mineral oil or kerosene

here is what i read because i just bought some hollywood beauty castor oil. it had paraffin in it no min oil..but paraffin is supposed to be min oil.

link also http://www.longhaircareforum.com/forums/showthread.php?p=5311485
Originally Posted by Priestess View%20Post
It's the closet thing I've found at the drugstore/bss. It protects ends from splits, locks in moisture and gives shine. Here are the ingriedients:

Hollywood Beauty Oil Complex (Castor Oil, Mink Oil, Sweet Almond Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Jojoba Oil, Paraffin Oil, Safflower Oil), Lanolin, Cocoa Butter, Propylparaben, Fragrance.

I still love the Heavy Cream tho, it's just nice there are options. At least that's what I tell my pj self.
I've used the Hollywood Beauty Castor Oil too. It doesn't contain petroleum but paraffin oil is another name for mineral oil and/or kerosene

OOOOO snap I was bamboozled!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. Good thing i dont really use it! I think its ok to use on the hair jus not the scalp
MzCaliky View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 12 2008 at 7:55pm
Originally posted by OnMyJourney OnMyJourney wrote:

WHy don't you buy an aerosol can in the food section of Walmart or down the oil aisle at the grocery store and put jojoba or some other light oil in it to use as your own oil sheen?  I have been putting jojoba in a small spray bottle to use on my daughter's hair, but it started to clog. Then I read someone recommend this aerosol can...sounds like it's right up your alley as well. 

An aerosol that you can load yourself?? You would not happen to know the brand name would you?
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic