Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

oil of oregano?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
Island-Clo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Island-Clo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 25 2014 at 8:26pm
get mines from Vitamin shoppe, whenever I get sick I put drops of this in my juice or water and usually I put a few drops in my water every day, also I use this as a mix when I'm weaved up and let it sit on my hair under my sew in when its wash day
Sponsored Links

PurplePhase View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 25 2014 at 11:46pm
anybody have the heartburn side effect I read about on amazon?

I've never had heart burn and don't want to start now LOL
NJHairLuv View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NJHairLuv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 26 2014 at 4:56am
it burned a bit when i'd drink the juice mixture, but no heartburn.

i wonder if it is easier to just incorporate fresh oregano into daily meals/green juice...
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 26 2014 at 3:22pm
Dried oregano isn't as potent as the oil. You can extract your own oil from oregano leaves and make your own,  but you'd want to use Mediterranean  wild oregano if you want the good benefits, not the kind we usually grow in our garden/windowsill.

Edited by PurplePhase - Aug 26 2014 at 3:23pm
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 26 2014 at 3:24pm
Originally posted by NJHairLuv NJHairLuv wrote:

it burned a bit when i'd drink the juice mixture, but no heartburn.

were you mixing the oil with a juice or did you have oregano oil juice. I saw that on a website.

Oreganol P73 Juice of Wild Oregano - 12oz, 12 Servings
\

if you mean oil mixed with a juice, what juice? I don't think I'm going to be able to stomach it mixed with just water. 

Edited by PurplePhase - Aug 26 2014 at 3:26pm
goodm3 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goodm3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 26 2014 at 4:09pm
thanks ladies! im going to try this
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 26 2014 at 4:34pm
if anyone is jumping on the oregano oil train (lol) post back. We can use this thread for our tips, side effects, results, etc.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 26 2014 at 4:43pm
oh no! is this true?
hadn't thought about that LOL

from a site:
<<Yes, you will smell like Italian food!>>

Edited by PurplePhase - Aug 26 2014 at 4:44pm
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 26 2014 at 4:47pm
Here's info if anyone is interested. I didn't know it had any benefits for carpal tunnel. Another plus for me.

I would add this to OP but can't edit.

23+ Uses for Oregano Essential Oil (from candida to ringworm) - SustainableBabySteps.com

Photo Source

Oregano oil health benefits are still a somewhat new discovery. Researchers are still finding powerful uses for this simple herb.

According to Modern Essentials, the properties within a quality brand of oregano essential oil include:

• Antibacterial
  • Antifungal
  • Antiparasitic
  • Antiseptic to the respiratory system
  • Antiviral
  • Immune stimulant

Simply eating dried or fresh oregano is good for you, but it's nothing compared to the potency of the essential oils of oregano. All the best properties packed into one tiny drop.

IMPORTANT NOTE ON QUALITY

The information provided here on the properties and uses of this oil do NOT apply to all essential oil brands.

Because of lenient industry standards and a lack of regulation on terms such as "natural" or "pure", much of what you find at the drug store is not a therapeutic grade of essential oil and may actually make you sick. In fact, only about 50% of it needs to be actual essential oils to be called "pure"!

A LOT goes into creating a therapeutic grade essential oil. The best essential oil brands follow these guidelines:

• Proper plant varieties
  • Grown in their indigenous region around the world
  • Grown without chemical pesticides, herbicides, etc
  • Harvested with precise timing to ensure peak properties
  • Extracted with proper temp and pressure to preserve oil molecules
  • Third-party testing of each and every batch
  • Stand behind the internal use of their oils

Learn how to find safe, effective essential oils here.

How to Use Oil of Oregano

To answer your first question: Yes, you will smell like Italian food! And it will likely make you hungry for pizza or pasta.

Traditionally, oregano oil health benefits are gained using these application guidelines. Use these suggestions unless otherwise noted or click the banner for more inspiration:

How to use essential oils!

aromatic applicationAromatically - Can be diffused or inhaled directly.
topical applicationTopically - Can be applied directly to the skin or within a carrier oil, such as coconut oil, for young or sensitive skin. Start with 1 drop to 1-3 tsp of carrier and increase the EO as needed.
internal applicationInternally - NOT RECOMMENDED FOR MOST BRANDS. High quality brands may be "generally recognized as safe" by the FDA (21CFR182.20) to be used in cooking, adding a drop to purified water or taken as a dietary supplement, diluting 1 drop in 1 tsp. honey or 4 oz of non-acidic, non-dairy beverage (not for children under 6 years old and in greater dilution for older children).
neat applicationDILUTE - It's very important that you dilute this oil at least 1:3 (1 drop EO to 3 drops carrier oil), and more depending on your skin, as it can cause irritation to the skin when applied directly.

Click this link or the banner above for more application guidance.

Precautions: This is a HOT oil - always dilute! Always test for skin sensitivity prior to widespread use. Do not use for children under 6 and dilute in greater amounts for children over 6 or for anyone with sensitive skin. Keep out of eyes, ears, or nose.

IMPORTANT DISCLAIMER

None of these health benefits, nor the ideas below, have been evaluated or approved by the FDA, should be used in place of personal judgment or medical treatment when needed, nor is it intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. (Only your doctor can diagnose and treat disease. Only your body can prevent or cure it.) Read our full disclaimer.

Suggested and Possible Uses of Oil of Oregano

The following are uses described in a book I highly recommend, Modern Essentials: A Contemporary Guide to the Therapeutic Uses of Essential Oils, as well as from personal experience and other resources. Use them to inspire your own ideas, experiment, and see what works for you.

Athlete's Foot
Massage into the feet, add a drop to shoes, soak socks in warm water and 2 drops of oregano or add 1-2 drops in a foot bath.

Calluses
Massage with coconut oil into the area once a day.

Candida
Take this internally in a capsule, add to food, or massage over the area of concern.

Canker Sores
Dab the diluted mixture onto the sore 1-3x a day.

Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
Massage the oil into the hands, wrists and up the forearms, upper arms and shoulders. Also use movement that go UP the arm (toward the heart).

Ebola Virus
For the most oregano oil health benefits, apply a 1:3 ratio of oregano to coconut oil to the soles and reflex points of the feet for fast absorption into the bloog stream.

Fungal Infections
Can be used topically, taken internally and/or inhaled aromatically according to the type and location of infection to increase the oregano oil health benefits.

Immune System (Stimulant)
Use daily on the soles of the feet, add a drop to meals or your bathwater, and add 1 drop to a pan of steaming water to inhale for several minutes a day (maybe even pasta water to flavor the pasta as well!).

Inflammation
Gently massage into the inflamed area, always massaging toward the heart.

Intestinal Parasites
You can access oregano oil health benefits by massage into the soles of the feet and in a clockwise motion over the abdomen. Also be sure to take the oil internally, such as by adding to capsules or meals.

MRSA
Massage into the soles of the feet and over the chest to increase immune response and fight the infection. (Read more about oregano and MRSA here.)

Muscle Aches
Dilute within coconut oil and massage into the muscles, moving toward the heart.

Nasal Polyp
Drop 2 drops of oregano oil in a pan of steaming water. Place a towel over your head and inhale the steam for as long as possible. Also beneficial to apply over the reflex points of the feet. You can reheat this water on the stove generally once more before it's suggested to start fresh.

Parasites
Take internally (in capsules or food), massage into the soles of the feet, or apply over the area of concern.

Plague
Diffuse throughout the home to fight infection and apply daily to the soles of the feet.

Pneumonia
Oregano oil health benefits include this difficult to treat illness. Diffuse through the room, inhale from a bowl of steaming water and work into the soles of the feet.

Ringworm
Massage a 1:3 ratio of oregano oil to coconut oil directly over the site. I also recommend adding lavender and melaleuca. Do this 3x a day and continue several days after it disappears.

Staph Infection
Work into the soles of the feet for fast absorption into the blood stream. Also, take internally in capsules or within food as directed in the uses above.

Vaginal Candida
Take internally with food or in capsules, massage into the feet. Or using a vaginal syringe, use internally.

Viral Infections
Use a hot compress, add oregano to your bath water, or massage into the reflex points of the feet.

Warming to the Body
Warming is one of the little known uses of oil of oregano. Massage into the hands and feet and around the neck.

Warts
Apply a 1:3 ratio (oregano:coconut oil) directly to the wart. Consider adding melaleuca, as well.

Whooping Cough
Massage over chest and into the pads of the feet. Also consider diffusing through the air.

Other reported uses of oil of oregano include: Asthma, bronchitis and other respiratory problems; mental disease; tuberculosis; rheumatism; digestive issues; colds and flus; metabolism; and increasing a sense of safety and security.

But remember you will only see the most oregano oil health benefits when you're using high quality, high purity essential oils.

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 26 2014 at 10:45pm
anyone ever used this applied to bottom of feet for quick absorption into the system? I'm trying not to have to ingest this stuff lol
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>