Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Skin Care > Oily Skin
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Oil Cleansing Method

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
SimplisticLove View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SimplisticLove Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 06 2011 at 10:22am
never heard or tried anything like this .. might be giving it a try :) 
Sponsored Links

Nimi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nimi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 05 2011 at 3:54am
Been doing the OCM at least once a week for a while now. I think it's quite good...
marissy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marissy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 05 2011 at 8:37am
I tried it before with olive oil, then jojoba oil, then sweet almond oil. OCM didn't do anything except give me acne. Cry

Reading other boards, people were saying how they would feel 'grit' on their skin after rubbing the oil in for a while. Nothing like that had ever happened to me. Is it supposed to?!
MsDidi13 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MsDidi13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 20 2011 at 8:58pm
Originally posted by GHcalabash GHcalabash wrote:

Do you use the oil cleansing method everyday or only as a deep cleaning thing?

Sorry for the late response...I do it every night...I have done it twice a day and it was fine as well...but if I am in a rush I am inconsistent in the day since I like to do a good rub down and let it marinate for a bit when I do it...LOL...so mostly every night...
shrew297 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shrew297 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 23 2011 at 6:41pm
I do the OCM every weekend. During the week I use black soap. In the beginning my ratio was off and I got some bad breakouts. I kept at it and now my skin loves it. I use 30% castor oil with 70% olive. I tried it with grapeseed but I prefer the results I get with olive oil. I also add a couple drops of tea tree oil - it helps with breakouts. The OCM really helped with keeping my skin free of pimples but not with the marks from previous breakouts - the black soap and my facial mask I make with plain yoghurt, lemon juice and honey did an excellent job at that. 
Elsa Tobin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elsa Tobin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 05 2011 at 1:56am
thanks for your infor 
dejee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dejee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 05 2011 at 10:27am
I've been doing this everday for over a year now. Not only is it helpful in removing my waterproof mascara, it has helped clear up my skin.
NARSAddict View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NARSAddict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 03 2012 at 7:19pm
I have tried this method on several occassions and for me it makes my skin even worse.  I haven't found the right oil combination that doesn't break me out (no I will not add tea tree oil because that is the main ingredient that breaks me out).  At least I have my CeraVe to aid me in the mean time.
addywilson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote addywilson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 27 2012 at 6:01am
Oil cleansing method is good for face skin. It removes the dirt, oil from the skin. It may be a good idea to select a cleanser that is alcohol-free for use on dry, sensitive, or dehydrated skin.
NARSAddict View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NARSAddict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 28 2012 at 9:07pm
Well I am using a oil cleanser by Kose or Softymo that is agreeing with my skin.  I am glad about that.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style