Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Skin Care > Oily Skin
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Oil Cleansing Method

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
StarryLady View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote StarryLady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Oil Cleansing Method
    Posted: Jul 12 2010 at 7:42pm
Has anyone tried the "Oil Cleansing Method"?

Basically you use oil to cleanse you skin. They key ingredient is Castor Oil, you use 20% - 50% depending on how oily your skin is. You must also use either Extra Virgin Olive Oil or another carrier oil like Jojoba Oil.

You massage the oil mixture into your skin with your hands for a few minutes. Then use put a hot washcloth over your face and allow it to steam, then wipe away the excess oil. you repeat the steaming process again and your face should feel clean and renewed. Here is more on the process:

www.theoilcleansingmethod.com

Here is a youtube video of the process:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-iQo60y912g

I am trying it tonight for the 1st time. I'm using 25% Castor Oil and 75% Jojoba Oil with a few drops of Tea Tree Oil. I'll come back with a review.
Sponsored Links

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StarryLady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 12 2010 at 8:56pm
Here is a blog I found describing the method:

http://aishawood.blogspot.com/2008/04/ocm-oil-cleansing-method.html

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StarryLady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 12 2010 at 9:51pm
Okay, so I tried it tonight and my face feels great. It also feels very clean. I am going to do this every night for the next week to see if the results improve.

I have oily skin and right now it doesn't feel oily or dry/irritated, but balanced. This will be my new night time regimen. However, in the morning I will still:

WASH with neutrogena salicylic acid cleansing bar
TONE with witch hazel
MOISTURIZE with jojoba oil

I'll be back with updates...

ElectricLady View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ElectricLady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 15 2010 at 7:00pm
YES, the oil cleansing method is no doubt the best for my skin. My skin was never this good. I think it's going to be a year now that I've followed the OCM and I am loving my skin~!

African Black Soap has also done me a world of good. You don't actually need soap with the OCM, but the black soap is just an extra boost of nutrients and glow for me.
MissMesha View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MissMesha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 19 2010 at 1:23am
This seems interesting. I hope this will work for me.
GreenGiant View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote GreenGiant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 13 2010 at 7:14pm
Omg, I can't believe how great this works! I used grapeseed oil because I didnt have castor oil and I read it has great astringent qualities. I was so skeptical about this method because my skin is so oily but this is the truth!
MissMesha View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MissMesha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 17 2010 at 5:21pm
^ I think I'll try another oil instead of castor oil too. I'm just so used to using castor oil for my hair, I'm scared I'll grow hair on my face lol. [I know that's not going to happen, but I'm not comfortable with it yet.]
GreenGiant View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GreenGiant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 19 2010 at 5:25pm
I added the castor to the grapeseed oil (30% castor and 70% grapeseed) and I broke out again.
Maybe it was too harsh so I'll just stick with the grapeseed.
tjayce88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tjayce88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 20 2010 at 12:33am
I just started doing this and the ingredients I used were:

Tea tree oil (few drops)
Castor Oil (maybe 40%)
Olive oil

Now originally I was using this in my hair, but now that it's braided up I don't use it as much for my hair, and I read about the oil method and i decided to put it on my face. I can DEFINITELY see a difference even though I've been using it on and off for only about a week. My face looks so much more glowy and my acne is starting to fade a lot better. Also, I can notice a significan reduction in oil production on my face. Its just a slight glow - not too oily or dry. =)

I've also been washing my face with honey. I usually mix the honey with Apricot Scrub (like the St. Ives kinds, but I have the Wal-mart bran) and my face gets soooo clean but not dry like my Clean and Clear face wash made it.
khivey View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote khivey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 30 2010 at 4:55pm
i love this..i use almond oil and jojoba oil....when i tried it with castor oil my skin didnt like it. i never tried grapeseed.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic