Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

Oh no they (black men) DID NOT!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 10 Votes, Average 3.40  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
harley_quinn View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harley_quinn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 16 2014 at 11:12am
Teen mom says it all.
Sponsored Links

indiecat View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote indiecat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 16 2014 at 11:14am
My dad was totally involved before and after the divorce with my mom. In fact, he was one of the few fathers back then to gain custody of us. when he got custody, people asked him if he knew someone in the courts to get it because moms usually get custody unless they are really messed up and I unstable (like my mom was). He took us so many places and made sure we didn't move around a lot like with my mom, he made sure we were not skipping school like with my mom. He was my mom and my dad. He was very involved and continues to be.

My older half sisters dad cut out on them. Their dad was Puerto Rican. He was a drunk, abusive, didn't do ish for his 2 daughters. The best thing he ever did for them was die. When he died, my mom was able to receive money that went to my sisters. My dad picked up the slack for this deadbeat and basically adopted them. I mean he met my mom when she had 2 daughters who were not his and built a family she destroyed and stayed involved even after that.

Edited by indiecat - Jan 16 2014 at 11:17am
iliveforbhm View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iliveforbhm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 16 2014 at 11:18am
Originally posted by indiecat indiecat wrote:

My dad was totally involved before and after the divorce with my mom. In fact, he was one of the few fathers back then to gain custody of us. when he got custody, people asked him if he knew someone in the courts to get it because moms usually get custody unless they are really messed up and I unstable (like my mom was). He took us so many places and made sure we didn't move around a lot like with my mom, he made sure we were not skipping school like with my mom. He was my mom and my dad. He was very involved and continues to be.

My older half sisters dad cut out on them. Their dad was Puerto Rican. He was a drunk, abusive, didn't do ish for his 2 daughters. The best thing he ever did for them was die. When he died, my mom was able to receive money that went to my sisters. My dad picked up the slack for this deadbeat and basically adopted them. I mean he met my mom when she had 2 daughters who were not his and built a family she destroyed and stayed involved even after that.

Props to your father! Clap
blaquefoxx View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blaquefoxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 16 2014 at 11:24am
Originally posted by Jewelsnyc Jewelsnyc wrote:

I can believe it. Although I wasn't raised in a two parent home, my Dad was involved and made it a point to be in my life. I loved my Dad to the ends of the earth.

My DH is super involved with his children & is very instrumental in their future...there are some beautiful black men out there!!
blasphemyStern Smile

LOL j/k
melikey View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote melikey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 16 2014 at 11:29am
Good, positive post
india100 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote india100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 16 2014 at 11:30am
My husband spends all of his free time with our daughter . The man never leaves without her except for work . I want my husband back . Cry
trudawg View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote trudawg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 16 2014 at 11:33am
I'm not surprised. Generally speaking, everything we (Black men) are involved in, we do it well. It's all we know.
Alias_Avi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (9) Thanks(9)   Quote Alias_Avi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 16 2014 at 11:34am
So, does this mean BHM believes in studies now?
iliveforbhm View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iliveforbhm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 16 2014 at 11:36am
Originally posted by Alias_Avi Alias_Avi wrote:

So, does this mean BHM believes in studies now?

Stop Sleepy

It's by the CDC, not a random organization.
AmiliaCabral View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote AmiliaCabral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 16 2014 at 11:37am
Originally posted by SoutherNtellect SoutherNtellect wrote:

In similar living situations

Right
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair