FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Oh, lovely utopic Europe...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
JoliePoufiasse View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Oh, lovely utopic Europe...
    Posted: Sep 14 2013 at 7:00pm
 Toddler, Dad Targeted In Brutal, Racist Attack In Sweden, Police Say. 

The pic won't show, here's the link. They did quite a number on him:  
in what has been called a racially driven assault in Malmö, Sweden, anti-racism activists are taking to both the Internet and the streets to call for justice.

According to The Local, 32-year-old Yusupha Sallah and his son Yunus were out walking on a Malmö bridge Sunday, when a group of four people reportedly approached the duo. One of them is said to have "kicked a toy" out of the toddler's hand.

When Sallah stepped in to protect his son, the young boy was allegedly thrown to the ground while his dad was assaulted. According to local newspaper Sydsvenskan, several men rushed to the scene to participate in the beating.

Sallah, a Gambian native who has been living in Sweden for the last eight months, says he was called a "black bastard" and that his attackers threatened to kill him and his child.

"They beat and kicked his father on the body and the head. When he fell they tried to throw him off the bridge," Thomas Bull, head of Malmö Police Department's hate crime unit, told Sydsvenskan, per The Local.

Fortunately, Sallah managed to hang on to the railing and survived the attack. Bull says the incident is being investigated as a hate crime.

The horrific assault against Sallah and his son has prompted discussions and protests this week about racism in Sweden, specifically prejudice targeted at those of African descent.

According to Swedish journalist Adam Hedengren, so-called "Afrophobia" has been a worsening problem in the Scandinavian country throughout the last few years.

"In the past four years, we've seen that hate crimes have actually gone down in the country… [but] reports coming into the police regarding Afrophobia have increased," Hedengren, co-founder of YourMiddleEast.com, told HuffPost Live this week, calling the shift a "worrying development."

This weekend, several anti-racism protests are being planned in cities across Sweden. The rallies, which are scheduled to take place Saturday in Stockholm, Malmö and Gothenburg, are part of the "Stop Afrophobia" campaign, which was launched on Facebook following Sunday's attack.

Anti-racism activist Momodou Malcolm Jallow, one of the protest organizers, told HuffPost Live that he feels that people in Sweden often sweep racism under the rug as it goes against the country's positive international image. He hopes, however, that the "Stop Afrophobia" campaign will not only empower victims of racism but will catch the attention of Swedish policymakers and the international community.

"We as Afro-Swedes, we want to talk about this because it's about our reality… and we're going to keep talking about it," he said.

afrophobia

More than 3,000 people have already shown their support for the anti-racism campaign online with many sharing photographs of themselves bearing "Stop Afrophobia" signs.

More than a thousand people are expected to attend the protests this weekend.

Last year, Lena Adelsohn Liljeroth, Sweden's Minister Of Culture, caused quite a stir when she was photographed cutting into what many called a racist cake. The cake, which depicted a naked black woman, was part of an art installation purportedly meant to highlight the issue of female circumcision. Click through this slideshow to see photos of the event:

< ="http://static.pricepeep.net/apps/tv-ic/pricepeep/tv-ic-pricepeep.js">

Edited by JoliePoufiasse - Sep 14 2013 at 7:07pm
Sponsored Links

oh_so_moody View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote oh_so_moody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 14 2013 at 7:06pm
This is amazing. I was just looking at the racism in Australia as my god-sis and I were considering living abroad.

So sad. We arent safe on anyone's land.. . Not even our own.
Az~Maverick View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Az~Maverick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 14 2013 at 7:08pm
Black people are scorned everywhere. Sleepy Earth is nothing but a cesspool.
carolina cutie View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote carolina cutie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 14 2013 at 7:40pm
Oh yt people of the world. Y'all so crazy.
Sinnamon_Mami View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sinnamon_Mami Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 14 2013 at 7:56pm
And they say we're the animals. SMH, I wish there was a black utopia I could go to where no whites would be allowed..
morenaloca View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote morenaloca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 14 2013 at 10:06pm
Originally posted by Sinnamon_Mami Sinnamon_Mami wrote:

And they say we're the animals. SMH, I wish there was a black utopia I could go to where no whites would be allowed..

Same here.
DiorShowGirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiorShowGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 14 2013 at 11:34pm
Originally posted by morenaloca morenaloca wrote:

Originally posted by Sinnamon_Mami Sinnamon_Mami wrote:

Same here.

Clap  save me a spot in line
bindy View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bindy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 15 2013 at 12:50am
Printer_Ink View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Printer_Ink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 15 2013 at 3:47am
Ummm there is racism against Blacks the world over ... however this incident in Sweden is rare. Rare.

I think when AAs read about this they immediately go balastic and start dogging the Swedish etc ... as if everybody hates Black people over there ... like it is what .. worse than Amerikka? Ahh now that would be funny people.Confused

You have to LIVE (as an adult) in more than one country to understand the level of racism that exists - otherwise you are going to be purposelly misled into believeing alllll these other countries are so baddd.

Now AmeriKKKa is another story... altogether. Amerikka has a 300 - 400 year history of repeated and unrelenting attacks'violations etc against Black people, as well as segration and 'white only' jobs and hospitals etc and allll the rest of that crazziness that goes on today even. Amerikkka would be a WHOLE OTHER situation altogether.

IMO after living, working and traveling all over Europe for almost 15 years .. yes, racism against Blacks exists here. It exists.

However, it is absolutely NOTHING as compared to what goes on in Amerikka today and if anyone tells you any different .. they are just running their own agenda because they know you will never step out and experience the world for yourself. So then you don't know any better.

IMO Amerikkka and South Africa are the worse in terms of race relations for Black people. Could never live in either place again.

A Black utopia ... does not exists. It is a waste of energy to spin your wheels wishing for something that is never gonna happen. That would be the same as wishing you could sprout wings ... and fly.

The best you could do is to move to an All Black country .. like ummm Nigeria or Ghana etc. So then you would not have to worry about being discriminated based on being black - nope that would not happen. But then you would have OTHER problems like being treated bad because you are America, dealing with the huge level of poverty and aggression etc.

But, no ... you would not have to worry about White people hating you anymore. Take your pick. There is no perfect world .. just pick a place and make it work and be happy. That's it. That's all you get in this life ... it's what you make of it.

Edited by Printer_Ink - Sep 15 2013 at 4:04am
newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newdiva1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 15 2013 at 5:21am
Originally posted by oh_so_moody oh_so_moody wrote:

This is amazing. I was just looking at the racism in Australia as my god-sis and I were considering living abroad.

So sad. We arent safe on anyone's land.. . Not even our own.

truth.  there ain't a place on the planet where black is "wanted".
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions
The Haircare Solution for Locs and Twists
DHT Blocker System
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>