Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Oh heck no! Y'all Remember Jem & the Holograms

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
naturesgift View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote naturesgift Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2014 at 4:05am
SMH at sister in the 1st vid. she seems dead serious? I love "purple" too, but for real for real there are bigger thinks! that we can be putting our minds to- I really don't mind that they choose a bi-racial girl to play Shana the movie is going to be weird anyway!- They should just keep cartoons, cartoons I hate when they make cartoons real life people its just weird!
Sponsored Links

Midna View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (7) Thanks(7)   Quote Midna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2014 at 4:43am
Naturesgift, stop. It's insulting to consistently be erased from Hollywood by having dark skinned characters always be played by lighter-complected/ambiguous/closer-to-white actors because Hollywood doesn't want portrayals of people of color to be "too ethnic" and if it's got white, it's more right.

You really don't see a pattern?
Midna View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Midna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2014 at 4:44am
Even Stormfront is guilty of wishing some white into things they admire.

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote naturesgift Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2014 at 4:44am
omg I was just watching this stuff on Youtube this show is DEEP! WTF? was I watching as a child! crazy she should date RIOT he is like hypno pimp!
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote naturesgift Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2014 at 5:08am
This is what THEY always do... so what is new! I am just saying we should not even put our energy into this?? I am not going to front I've always thought Halle was a Poor fit for Storm!
Midna View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Midna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2014 at 5:12am
Everyone hates Halle as Storm.

This isn't something to be okay with. We exist. It is disturbing to portray idealized realities in media with inaccurate portrayals of human diversity. And people internalize media making this all the more unacceptable.
Katrenia View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote Katrenia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2014 at 5:14am
We're invisible to hollywood, they have chosen to try to eradicate us with darker complexions.
CherryBlossom View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote CherryBlossom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2014 at 6:19am
1/4 british

Dead
Lady ICE View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Lady ICE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2014 at 6:31am
Originally posted by Midna Midna wrote:

Everyone hates Halle as Storm.
not gonna lie. im still mad about that.
f8dagrate View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote f8dagrate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2014 at 7:16am
Don't forget this shameful mess. I was straight stanning for Zoe until I saw the picsDead

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style