Forum LockedOH BOY MSM WHERES MY PERIOD

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 8>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
junkinda326 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 10 2007 at 8:24pm
Damn it!!! I keep uping my dosage & I still don't get any of the good side effects?!!! Where's my weight lossCry I even had the nerve to get my period EARLY this month Angry
Sponsored Links

LdySpartyLo View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 10 2007 at 9:54pm
Originally posted by junkinda326 junkinda326 wrote:

Damn it!!! I keep uping my dosage & I still don't get any of the good side effects?!!! Where's my weight lossCry I even had the nerve to get my period EARLY this month Angry

I did get the inital weight loss, but now it just helps me maintain.  MSM has really screwed with my periods, though, and before I even read this topic, I had decided to stop taking it.

I've been taking it since May 06 and when I upped my dose to 2,000mg+ in August/September (I know, small compared to most of you), my cycles have been every 21 days as opposed to every 28 days.  I've know all along it was the MSM, but it wasn't that bad.  My flow is extremely heavy the first 2 days (changing every 2 hours), but the overall duration of the periods have been shorter. 

Anyway, I did some research years ago related to fertility drugs and their side effects.  The concern at the time was that they caused ovarian or uterine cancer.  The drugs themselves do not cause cancer, however, by forcing ovulation to occur, it causes an increased level of estrogen in the body.  There have been numerous studies that a higher estrogen level can lead to cancer.  Well, when I really thought about having a period every 21 days as opposed to every 28 days, I've had some "extra" periods which can lead to increased estrogen.  So I'm going to cut out the MSM for a month and then see if restarting and maintaing a lower dose (500 mg.) will improve my hair, but keep my periods normal.  I will still continue to use it topically in my co-wash.
ChelleyCakes View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 10 2007 at 10:00pm
I have a question for you MSM users, because I was considering taking some myself

Do you take hair vitamins regularly and if so do they contain MSM. Because if your taking hair vitamins with MSM + MSM itself it could be overkill -OR- if you just took the hair vitamins with MSM in them it would get rid of some of those negative side effects.. But i dont know just a thought I guess.Smile

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 10 2007 at 10:02pm

oh and some hair vitamins that contain MSM (to my knowledge) are GNC Hair Skin and Nails, and also Folicure Hair Nourishing Tablets

LdySpartyLo View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 10 2007 at 10:19pm
Originally posted by ChelleyCakes ChelleyCakes wrote:

oh and some hair vitamins that contain MSM (to my knowledge) are GNC Hair Skin and Nails, and also Folicure Hair Nourishing Tablets

You're right about some hair vitamins containing MSM, but GNC HS&N only contains 100mg. in 2 tablets.  Most of us take 10, 20, 30 or more times that amount of MSM on a daily basis.  There's not enough in the hair vit. to cause an overdosage.  Some studies have shown that if your body can tolerate it, doses of MSM can be 6,000 mg or higher.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 10 2007 at 11:19pm
Originally posted by LdySpartyLo LdySpartyLo wrote:

Originally posted by ChelleyCakes ChelleyCakes wrote:

You're right about some hair vitamins containing MSM, but GNC HS&N only contains 100mg. in 2 tablets.  Most of us take 10, 20, 30 or more times that amount of MSM on a daily basis.  There's not enough in the hair vit. to cause an overdosage.  Some studies have shown that if your body can tolerate it, doses of MSM can be 6,000 mg or higher.

yea thats understandable just a thought for the women who want to be completely done with MSM all together.. Also another thing to keep in mind is that MSM is ideal for mature adults most likely adults who have already gone through menopause which is probably why it makes irregular periods but who knows
kelkel View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 11 2007 at 4:06am

Okay !!! That's what I am talking about....everyone complaining about the big boobs, weight loss, and no periods.....these sound like the greatest side effects ever.....LOL

Truthfully I've only been taking mine for 4 days.....lol....but I'm with you junkinda I want the side effects.....so far the only thing MSM has done for me is messed up my sleep.......I've completely forgot about my hair, I'm constantly looking down my shirt and checking out my mid-section....

NinaRose View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 11 2007 at 6:42am

This is my exact problem.  The weight loss and bigger breasts is why I bought it.  I haven't seen it yet.  I haven't seen any quick hair growth on my head either, just in places that I don't want it.  I've had acne breakouts (and I drink more than 64 oz of water a day) and my hair has started breaking since using it.  I'm glad I only bought a small container of it as a trial.  When it's gone, I'm done with MSM.

Is it possible that sulfur and I just don't play well together?  I tried MTG and it didn't work for me.  I tried MSM and didn't work for me.  I wonder why I don't results from using this stuff. 
Beautifulvegan View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 11 2007 at 3:44pm
Still no period, Im woried. its not healthy to miss your priod. I tried doing research and msm intake and delayed period and I cant seem to find anything on the subject.
junkinda326 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 11 2007 at 7:02pm
lol at kelkel. i'm good to see someone agrees w/me. LadySparty U are right. My period did come on around 21 days & it was heavier than normal the first two days but shorter overall.
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 8>
  Share Topic