Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

OFFICIAL ROBYN RIHANNA FENTY THREAD

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3132333435 201>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 35 Votes, Average 2.66  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Alias_Avi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (11) Thanks(11)   Quote Alias_Avi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 02 2012 at 9:19pm
http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n80/bununs/gifs/beyonce-preg2.gif

Originally posted by Sang Froid Sang Froid wrote:

Alias are you slow?
You need help understanding?
Sponsored Links

Gkisses View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Gkisses Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 02 2012 at 9:26pm
Yall seriously dont think the popularity of CB and Ri style of music hasnt influenced the way record companies package their new artist?Confused

Its a formula that has been repeated throughout music history that u mimic who is currently hot and try to get in on it.
Alias_Avi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alias_Avi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 02 2012 at 11:49pm

Rihanna 'Unapologetic' about her first No. 1 album: Nine albums top sales of 100,000 on Black Friday push

November 28, 2012|Christopher Morris | Variety

Rihanna collected her first No. 1 album this week, as "Unapologetic" topped the U.S. album chart with the pop-R&B singer's biggest sales week to date.

The Def Jam album bowed at the top with a first-week tally of 238,000 copies sold, according to Nielsen SoundScan data for the week ended Nov. 25. It succeeded her No. 1 single "Diamonds."

The sultry vocalist's previous personal best came in 2007, when "Good Girl Gone Bad" placed at No. 2. Last year's "Talk That Talk" peaked at No. 3.

The singer -- whose much-hyped, lightning "777" tour of seven cities in seven days with an airborne posse of journalists and fans prefaced the set's release -- was the major beneficiary of post-Thanksgiving sales.

The Black Friday retail rush pushed nine of the national top 10, including four debuts, to sales of more than 100,000. Last year, eight of the top 10 titles sold in six figures.

Taylor Swift hung onto No. 2 with her fourth studio album, "Red" (Big Machine), which tracked 185,000 units (up 28%) in its fifth week; the set has topped the 2 million mark. Last week's No. 1 debut, One Direction's "Take Me Home," slipped to No. 3 with sales of 176,000 (off 67%).

Reigning "American Idol" champ Phillip Phillips' first full-fledged album, "The World From the Side of the Moon" (19/Interscope), arrived at No. 4 with a 169,000-unit score. Phillips warmed up for his official debut with a compilation album and an EP earlier this year.

Detroit rap-rocker Kid Rock's "Rebel Soul" (Atlantic) charged in with a 146,000-copy first week. Set equaled the peak position of his previous album, "Born Free," released two years ago this month.

Rod Stewart's "Merry Christmas Baby" (Verve) continued to spread seasonal sales cheer, holding at No. 6 with 117,000 (up 47%).

Running up sales behind mass merchant discounting on Black Friday and a chatter-producing American Music Awards shot, Pink's "The Truth About Love" (RCA) vaulted back into the top 10 at No. 7, making a 334% leap and gaining 15 chart positions with a 114,000-copy stanza. Collection became the singer's first No. 1 set in September.

Another returning No. 1, Jason Alden's "Night Train" (Broken Bow), was launched back to No. 8 with a 157% gain, reaping 103,000.

Metal gods Led Zeppelin returned with "Celebration Day" (Atlantic), an audio-video package documenting the band's 2007 reunion set at London's O2 Arena. Title bowed at No. 9 with a 101,000-unit week. Band last appeared in the top 10 in 2007, when the hits package "Mothership" rose to No. 7.

R&B singer Keyshia Cole rounded out the top 10 with "Woman to Woman" (Geffen), which debuted at No. 10 with 96,000. It's the vocalist's fifth consecutive top-10 release; the run began with her 2005 bow "The Way It Is."

In an historic footnote, Adele's "21" (Columbia) topped the U.S. 10 million mark in its 92nd chart week with a 28,000-unit frame (good for No. 35 on the chart). The blockbuster album is the bestselling title of both 2011 and 2012.

Alicia Keys' "Girl on Fire," featuring the title hit, will weigh in on the chart next week.

Click here for more music news on Variety.com.

EPITOME View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EPITOME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 03 2012 at 12:24am
this was her first no.1? hmm i guess her albums do usually sell slowly
Eden. View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eden. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 03 2012 at 12:27am
damn not even music of the sun was number 1 or good girl gone bad.
Anah View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote Anah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 03 2012 at 12:33am
Originally posted by Gkisses Gkisses wrote:

Yall seriously dont think the popularity of CB and Ri style of music hasnt influenced the way record companies package their new artist?Confused

Its a formula that has been repeated throughout music history that u mimic who is currently hot and try to get in on it.

Well when u talk formulas... the 1st thing that comes to mind is Britney Christina formula they started out teeny boppers then turnes to this this half naked-Im a grown up-sexual awakening-Im tatted now... so in that case I see Rihanna fitting that formula... but I cant think of anyone new coming out trying to be the "next Rihanna" The formula most def didnt start with her. Even as a man lol I can say Chris fits that formula...

I know Jay signed Rita Ora but from what I hear of her music shes more white pop... I feel Rihanna goes between genres.

Cant think of anyone following in Chris path either. I dont think they have had enough longevity to say they are influencing anything. I just think they are part of a bigger machine. That's just me tho. Appreciate you explaining your points... interesting topic never the less
Alias_Avi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote Alias_Avi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 03 2012 at 12:37am
Chris and Rih are not pioneers or trailblazers at anything

They didn't create any blueprint... they are simply follow-along artists (well, that's how they started off) so I really didn't understand that analogy at all

Rih followed the Aaliyah/Britney Spears/etc, format and Chris followed Usher's

IA w/Anah
Sang Froid View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sang Froid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 03 2012 at 12:38am
Originally posted by EPITOME EPITOME wrote:

Most people just buy her singles for some reason. 
EPITOME View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EPITOME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 03 2012 at 12:40am
Originally posted by Sang Froid Sang Froid wrote:

Originally posted by EPITOME EPITOME wrote:

Most people just buy her singles for some reason. 

ur right.  she very much is a singles artist. idk how i forgot
Sang Froid View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote Sang Froid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 03 2012 at 12:42am
Originally posted by Alias_Avi Alias_Avi wrote:

Chris and Rih are not pioneers or trailblazers at anything

They didn't create any blueprint... they are simply follow-along artists (well, that's how they started off) so I really didn't understand that analogy at all

Rih followed the Aaliyah/Britney Spears/etc, format and Chris followed Usher's

IA w/Anah

Rihanna is nothing like Aaliyah or Britney.
She doesn't even dance. Confused
Rihanna is more like a rockstar than a pop star.

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3132333435 201>
  Share Topic