Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

OFFICIAL ROBYN RIHANNA FENTY THREAD

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8586878889 128>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 33 Votes, Average 2.52  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 25 2013 at 6:44am
Sponsored Links

Xamaycana View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Xamaycana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 25 2013 at 7:58am
LOL@" Dominican salon realness"

I hope people won't be running around in their wrap sets again.
Fraiche2Death View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Fraiche2Death Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 25 2013 at 5:10pm
Oh well Confused LOL

B*TCH STOLE MY LOOK: Rapper's Former Manager Accuses Rihanna Of STEALING "Jeweled Doobie" Look!

photo stylesjfsddd.png
Rihanna's jeweled doobie has irked a few folks. But there's one person in particular who claims RiRi jacked another artist's swagger.   Meet the lady who allegedly inspired the look inside....

On social media, Rihanna's AMA hairdo caused quite the stir. And today, we received an interesting email from the former manager of a rapper who claims HER artist started this look. And Rihanna jacked it!

We were tipped off about Patwa, a Bronx born 2nd generation Jamaican American,  who fused hip hop, re e and culture into her music (much like Rihanna).  As a part of her "look", Patwa embraced the doobie with jeweled pins to signify she was a Queen and this was her ghetto crown. But here's the thing...Patwa and her manager were told by Def Jam execs that her look was too hood and White America wouldn't embrace it. Though Patwa was offered a development (if she agreed to soften up her image), she walked away from the industry.

But now, former manager Trumaine Ferguson is speaking out about Rihanna and expressing outrage about what happens when someone with money, power and fame rips you off and you can't do anything about it.

During 2010 we began generating a buzz in the underground hip hop community. This lead to a couple of meeting with some big wigs at def jam, Geffen, Atlantic and yes Roc nation who manages Rihanna. While meeting with A&Rs with these labels we were continuously told that the imagery we were trying to brand was not "lady like" was "to street", "to hood" and "to ghetto" we were told that "white America would never get behind such ignorance". Ratchetness had yet to become an accepted house hold term. The image we were trying to run with was what Patwa knew from the streets which was the doobie wrap. She wore it proudly with jeweled pins to signify she was a Queen and this was her ghetto crown. Something that many females coming from where she came from could relate to. You know when you get that hair wrapped you feel like the Bomb You just got your hair did no one could tell you nothing.

And she told us about a chance encounter with Rihanna that may have inspired her AMA look:

"Fast forward to 11/24/13 and who do I see grace my flat screen while sitting in my modest one bedroom apartment wearing a doobie wrap with jeweled pins at the AMA's. Roc nations own RiRi. I honestly felt violated. You see during 2011 Patwa and I crossed paths with Rihanna at a Roc Nation event. Rihanna, who on that evening was wearing a hairstyle that she "borrowed" from Cassie, complimented the jeweled pin wrap said it looked nice and even inquired as to who did it? We of course were flattered out of our socks and felt almost validated. Two years later it appears middle America is ready and Rihanna really liked what she saw. By no means did we invent the doobie wrap or name. However prior to the AMA's no one had attempted to wear the doobie as a hairstyle in public. No one!!!!!! I just find it very insulting that something we brought to those people was too "ghetto". But now Rihanna can accept awards while proudly displaying it. I am really hurt by this and wanted to scream."

SMH.....we share her frustration. But for other reasons.

Can't imbed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzbywCrSwqk&feature=c4-overview&list=UUWxfZ6k6qQdjEPc7s2ZAcyQ

mizzsandra00 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote mizzsandra00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 25 2013 at 5:47pm
Patwa did it better tho.....but thats because RiRi bald headed.....she could even wrap her mind around having enough hair to really pull that off.....
Qualified View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote Qualified Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 25 2013 at 6:04pm
I just couldnt believe it last night when I saw it. I paused my TV like, now you just wait a damn minute, did Ri-Ri come out with a "blow out halo?" I was angry as hell. Awww Nawl Ri, not a doobie with rhine stone pins... Sh!tttt, we are outchea LOSIN' MANE!
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fraiche2Death Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 25 2013 at 6:09pm
I actually like her little hood vid. She has (had) potential imo. 
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fraiche2Death Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 25 2013 at 6:10pm
My first thought was damn did she show up late and they ain't have time to take her weave down!? Confused
femmefatale85 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmefatale85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 26 2013 at 10:50am
Rihanna doesn’t care what a hater has to say about her doobie wrap, it’s here to stay. Or at least for now. We can guarantee she is saving a lot of money on hair styling.

Last night, she was spotted leaving an after party at Bootsy Bellows in West Hollywood, after attending Drake’s concert at The Staples Center.

Rihanna Doobie Wrap Drake Show
coconess View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote coconess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 26 2013 at 10:53am
her friends boots are super ugly 
i don't care for her shoes either. 
why they look so sad though? 
femmefatale85 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmefatale85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 01 2013 at 12:43am
November 30th, 2013
Celebrity Style, Instagram, Rihanna, Shopping
Splurge: Rihanna’s Instagram Joyrich All Star Patched Jacket
By Faith

Rihanna had a little fun with Santa on Instagram in a $308 Joyrich All Star Patched Jacket:

rihanna-instagram-joyrich-all-star-patch-jacket

Her black pebbled leather jacket features allover white star patches.

joyrich-all-star-patched-jacket

Cute piece! I’m all about stars right now, thus I’m definitely digging it.

Rih’s jacket is sold-out, but shop some other Joyrich star-emblazoned pieces here.

Thoughts?

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions
The Haircare Solution for Locs and Twists
DHT Blocker System