Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Official Kerry Washington Stylewatch thread...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2122232425 28>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 9 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
bindy View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bindy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 12 2013 at 12:49pm
does she have lip implants?
Sponsored Links

EasterBell View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EasterBell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 12 2013 at 12:50pm
that cover is horrible.
EasterBell View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EasterBell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 12 2013 at 12:52pm
Originally posted by femmefatale85 femmefatale85 wrote:

TV FAB: Kerry Washington And A More Obvious BABY BUMP Hit Jimmy Fallon, Shoots Down "Lesbian" Rumors , Stars In New "SNL" Promo With Eminem

Nov 01 | by _YBF

photo article-2482573-191EAD4B00000578-733_634x896-1.jpg

"Scandal" star Kerry Washington appeared on Late Night With Jimmy Fallon where she dished on this weekend's "SNL" hosting gig and revealed her girl group "doo wop" roots.  Watch the interview and "SNL" promo inside, and see Kerry shoot down rumors that she's a lesbian!

photo article-2482573-191EAEF800000578-470_634x782.jpg

Emmy-nominated actress Kerry Washington, who's reportedly four months pregnant, showed off a much more obvious growing baby bump under these black & white separates as she strolled to the couch for a chat with talk show host Jimmy Fallon.  They chatted about the third season of "Scandal" and her upcoming gig as the host of "SNL".

photo article-2482573-191EAFE500000578-989_634x857.jpg

Sick
rickysrose View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rickysrose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 12 2013 at 12:59pm
that cover is all kinds of wrong and does her no justice

and they must know that we know that

naturesgift View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote naturesgift Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 12 2013 at 1:57pm
it doesnt look like her but I am happy she is having a BROWN BABY its going to be SO cute! Her husband is handsome and so is she.... I dont watch the show... though many blessings Kerry
femmefatale85 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmefatale85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 13 2013 at 2:36pm

Kerry Washington Reveals How She Keeps Her Husband & Wedding Ring Close By On "Scandal" Set + More "LUCKY" Pics

Nov 13 | by _YBF

photo lucky235.png

In the December 2013/January 2014 issue of LUCKY, Kerry Washington reveals how she keeps hubby Nnamdi Asomugha close to her heart on the "Scandal" set and how she "throws down" on the holidays.  Get more deets on Kerry and see additional LUCKY pics...

photo BYzKp2GCMAATtvSjpg_large_zpsda2943a5new.jpg

Folks are still in an uproar about Kerry Washington's cover of LUCKY (even the Christian Dior Resort 2014 dress didn't save the look for some folks).  But the mag's dish with Kerry sheds new light on the very private superstar and how she created her red carpet persona, her homemaking skills and an adorable way she keeps her marriage close to her heart.

Ms. Washington (or Mrs. Asomugha) told that mag that she's the type of girl who wants to wear her wedding ring on the subway without feeling uncomfortable (she is understated) and she revealed that she wears her wedding band and engagement ring on the set of "Scandal" by pinning them to Olivia Pope's clothes.  All to keep her husband close.  Sweet!   Here are the other highlights:

On working in Hollywood:

“It’s a miracle to even work in this industry. I didn’t become an actress to be on the cover of magazines. That was always a little scary to me. What I love about acting is the craft of becoming different people and telling a story.”

On the dangers of the media:

“Even for me, I think it’s a real danger to compare yourself to someone on a television show. I know that I am not going to look like [Scandal character] Olivia when I wake up and go to the bathroom at 4 o’clock in the morning. On the set, it’s somebody’s job to follow me around all day with spackle.”

On Olivia's Sense Of Fashion:

“People always come up to me and say, ‘Oh, I want Olivia’s closet,’ and I’m like, ‘Me too!’  Even for me, I think it’s a real danger to compare yourself to someone on a television show. There are shows where every time you see the character she’s in a different piece, and it’s like a fashion event,” she says. “I didn’t want that. I wanted Olivia to be a real person. We will always buy new pieces, but on every episode we try to use at least one piece that you’ve seen before, whether it’s a suit jacket or pants or a pair of shoes.”

On her Own Style:

“In my mid-20s, fashion intimidated me. But when I went to the shows, it suddenly occurred to me that it was the same as going to a gallery opening or to the theater…It is a moment to take in the work of a particular artist and decide how you feel about it.”

On Tracee Ellis Ross and E! critic George Kotsiopoulos

“They really taught me a great deal. They would give me the names of designers to watch or magazines to buy. And I started to develop a language around fashion.”

On living low-key:

"I can run into Madewell and J.Crew and be good for a few months. I’m not a formal person. I have a lot of jeans. And I have tons of sneakers, whether they’re the custom Nikes that you can make online or the Isabel Marant wedges. That’s the Bronx in me, for sure.”

On perfecting her style for her ever-changing duties:

“I always strive to be appropriate, I know that how people dress says a lot about what they believe and how they walk in the world. So I’m very aware when I make choices that those choices say things. I know whether a gown is the correct gown for the Met Ball or at the MTV Movie Awards or at the White House Correspondents’ Dinner.”

On wearing her wedding ring from hubby Nnamdi Asomugha:

“I never wanted to have a ring that I would feel uncomfortable riding the subway with. My wedding band and engagement ring are the only things I can say that I wear every day, I pin them to my clothing on set. That way, I always have them with me.”

Throwing Down In The Kitchen For the Holidays:

“My mother’s birthday is close to Christmas, and I like to cook around the holidays. It’s really a special time. I’m usually in charge of the veggies—I have a brussels sprouts dish that I make. And my mom and I bake this Jamaican rum cake together."

photo luck5843.png

“There’s something cosmopolitan about this look. It speaks to the Bronx in me.” Banana Republic COAT; DKNY TURTLENECK; RAY-BAN Glasses; Movado Wach, Jimmy Choo Boots

photo leuck2.png

"I don’t usually do a lot of sparkle, but this dress is perfect for the holidays.” - Michael Kors dress

Photographed by Patrick Demarchelier Fashion by Carlyne Cerf de Dudzeele

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmefatale85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 14 2013 at 4:13pm
November 14th, 2013
Celebrity Style, Kerry Washington, Maternity Wear, Shopping
Splurge: Kerry Washington’s Ellen Shoshanna Selma Print Dress
By Faith

It was all about prints for Kerry Washington on Ellen! The mommy-to-be slipped on a $131 Shoshanna Selma Print Dress:

kerry-washington-ellen-shoshanna-selma-print-dress-2

Her dupioni silk dress features a painterly floral print, bateau neckline, short sleeves, and a shift silhouette.

shoshanna-selma-dress

So cute! I’m totally in love with Kerry’s maternity style.

kerry-washington-ellen-shoshanna-selma-print-dress-3
If you’re up for the splurge, snag Kerry’s frock at www.neimanmarcus.com.

Thoughts?

kerry-washington-ellen-shoshanna-selma-print-dress-2

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote femmefatale85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 19 2014 at 9:13am

Bitchie Or Not? Kerry Washington Gives A Peek At Her Belly In Prada At The SAG Awards

Sun, Jan 19 2014 by Necole Bitchie | Filed Under: Celebrities
Kerry Washington Prada ensemble SAG Awards

Well Hello Kerry Washington!

After hiding her stomach with loose-fitted dresses over the past few months, now that the secret is out, Kerry figured she might as well show off her baby bump!  Tonight, while gracing the red carpet of the SAG Awards, the stunning actress showed some skin as she rocked a custom Prada crop top and skirt combination.

She completed her maternity look with a matching pink lip and cute bouffant.

Are you feeling what she did here?

Peep more pics:

Kerry Washington SAG Side profile
Kerry Washington custom Prada ensemble
Oprah and Kerry Washington SAG

Read more: Necole Bitchie.com: Bitchie Or Not? Kerry Washington Gives A Peek At Her Belly In Prada At The SAG Awards http://necolebitchie.com/2014/01/19/bitchie-or-not-kerry-washington-gives-a-peek-at-her-belly-in-prada-at-the-sag-awards/#ixzz2qrEfuS9R
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote femmefatale85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 19 2014 at 9:27am

Kerry-Washington-Entertainment-Weekly-Pre-SAG-Awards-Celebration

Edited by femmefatale85 - Jan 19 2014 at 9:28am
zolloh View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zolloh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 19 2014 at 10:42am
i hate that Prada crop top, frumpy skirt whatever it's called, that she wore last night
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2122232425 28>
  Share Topic