Mynx Hair

Author
natural girl View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 20 2009 at 4:47pm
Originally posted by Sinnamon_Mami Sinnamon_Mami wrote:

Originally posted by LadyCC LadyCC wrote:

If you want to pay in-state then become a legal citizen.  That way just like the rest of us who are reaping the benefits of "Hot Apple pie, Chevrolet and sh&t"  the guberment can take a slice of their pie every April 15th!!!

IA... LOL... We have to understand that this money to provide for in-state tuition does not come from "the sky" this comes from our taxes... So, let's say we send all of these mofos to school... Guess what?? It's not fair to us who have to report income to qualify for financial aid and have to pay taxes... How are these people productive citizens?? They work, save, and enjoy the benefits of not paying SS, FICA, Medicaid and Federal and State.... Doesn't seem fair at all....
Not all illegal immigrants evade taxes. They are "illegal to work, not illegal to pay taxes".  I am quoting the front page of a newspaper a few years back.

Don't assume that they are not contributing to the govt coffers as well.
Sponsored Links

NEWMRS216 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 20 2009 at 5:54pm
if it's okay to make them become citizens before they graduate how come they can't become citizens before they matriculate?  why they need an extra 4/5 years?  they already been here at least 3 illegal.. why are they getting extra time plus the added benefit of in state tuition?

become a citizen and then ya can get all the advantages and disadvantages of being an american citizen..
Sinnamon_Mami View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 20 2009 at 6:05pm
Originally posted by natural girl natural girl wrote:

If you want to pay in-state then become a legal citizen.  That way just like the rest of us who are reaping the benefits of "Hot Apple pie, Chevrolet and sh&t"  the guberment can take a slice of their pie every April 15th!!!

IA... LOL... We have to understand that this money to provide for in-state tuition does not come from "the sky" this comes from our taxes... So, let's say we send all of these mofos to school... Guess what?? It's not fair to us who have to report income to qualify for financial aid and have to pay taxes... How are these people productive citizens?? They work, save, and enjoy the benefits of not paying SS, FICA, Medicaid and Federal and State.... Doesn't seem fair at all....
Not all illegal immigrants evade taxes. They are "illegal to work, not illegal to pay taxes".  I am quoting the front page of a newspaper a few years back.

Question: How do they pay taxes if they don't have social security numbers... and if you're illegal to work, don't you have to be paid under the table?? How do they determine how much taxes they pay?? Do they fill out tax forms?... I'm confused....
TransitAngst View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 20 2009 at 6:07pm
My opinion's already been stated by other people, so I'm going to stay out of this one. These threads usually turn into repetitive harassment anyway.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 20 2009 at 6:17pm

Originally posted by natural girl natural girl wrote:

Question: How do they pay taxes if they don't have social security numbers... and if you're illegal to work, don't you have to be paid under the table?? How do they determine how much taxes they pay?? Do they fill out tax forms?... I'm confused....
As for the taxes, it's called an ITN number. I may have the abbreviation wrong, but it's something like that. You don't need a SSN for that. It's designed for people who have to pay taxes but are not necessarily residents. Think overseas based business people.

And the SSN contributions that many make, it's likely through a false ssn card. The Social Security doesn't say no thanks to their contributions. Nor does the IRS. I read somewhere, without their billions in contributions, the SS system would collapse. No, they won't get any benefit from it since they can't collect. But they pay it anyway through the false ssns. Pay just so they can work in jobs where an ssn is mandatory. It happens. Alot.

Edited by natural girl - Apr 20 2009 at 6:20pm
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 20 2009 at 6:27pm
Originally posted by NEWMRS216 NEWMRS216 wrote:

if it's okay to make them become citizens before they graduate how come they can't become citizens before they matriculate?  why they need an extra 4/5 years?  they already been here at least 3 illegal.. why are they getting extra time plus the added benefit of in state tuition?

become a citizen and then ya can get all the advantages and disadvantages of being an american citizen..
You make the process sound so simple.
Natural Lady View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 20 2009 at 6:28pm
Originally posted by NEWMRS216 NEWMRS216 wrote:

become a citizen and then ya can get all the advantages and disadvantages of being an American citizen..

This.

Originally posted by CLCNY20 CLCNY20 wrote:

Wow.

For real?

I feel like all my hard work in this country means nothing unless I'm here illegally, or have 12 kids.

I feel like I'm being punished for doing what I'm supposed to do.

Smdh.

Let them do what they want, the world's ending in 2012 anyways.

And this.

I have a serious problem supporting the American citizens that don't pay their taxes, so this just only further agitates me.
EPITOME View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 20 2009 at 6:32pm
Originally posted by JulieGianni JulieGianni wrote:

Originally posted by K.U.R.E K.U.R.E wrote:

1. Did you ever stop and think that maybe your family had the money and privilege to immigrate to the US legally? No, you just gloss over that very important fact. Many in the world aren't so lucky.

2. What about looking at the bad behavior of corporations, politics, and policy makers. The people and institutions who allow illegal immigration to occur? Nope, it's easier to scapegoat people, isn't it? Out of all the people in the world, you would think we as blacks would be a little bit more aware of this fact.

If you come in illegally you can still apply for asylum.

I know a family that WALKED to get here.  They obviously didn't have money.

But guess what they are legal now.

I'm going to surmise that is easier to get legal immigration status as a Canadian than as a Latino. They're not giving these children anything for free. They had to work in high school, have decent test scores and good grades.  I know plenty of people who are BRILLIANT but don't have legal status and cannot afford school. What are they to do? Go back home where it is even worst?

And you said they BECAME legal. Who's to say these people haven't been working on their status for years?

Why evict potentially beneficial members to your economy and to your country? and assimilate...even though for latinos i dont think they need to assimilate nothin'...their ancestors were in the US long before anybody here's ancestors were on a boat..theyre just coming right back

Edited by EPITOME - Apr 20 2009 at 6:36pm
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 20 2009 at 6:38pm
Originally posted by EPITOME EPITOME wrote:

Originally posted by JulieGianni JulieGianni wrote:

Originally posted by K.U.R.E K.U.R.E wrote:

1. Did you ever stop and think that maybe your family had the money and privilege to immigrate to the US legally? No, you just gloss over that very important fact. Many in the world aren't so lucky.

2. What about looking at the bad behavior of corporations, politics, and policy makers. The people and institutions who allow illegal immigration to occur? Nope, it's easier to scapegoat people, isn't it? Out of all the people in the world, you would think we as blacks would be a little bit more aware of this fact.

If you come in illegally you can still apply for asylum.

I know a family that WALKED to get here.  They obviously didn't have money.

But guess what they are legal now.

I'm going to surmise that is easier to get legal immigration status as a Canadian than as a Latino. They're not giving these children anything for free. They had to work in high school, have decent test scores and good grades.  I know plenty of people who are BRILLIANT but don't have legal status and cannot afford school. What are they to do? Go back home where it is even worst?

And you said they BECAME legal. Who's to say these people haven't been working on their status for years?

Why evict potentially beneficial members to your economy and to your country?

Because the brain of a potential surgeon/educator/businessman/lawyer etc, is somehow different because the person wasn't born in the USA. Wacko
K.U.R.E View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 20 2009 at 6:40pm
Oh snap! 5 pages.  Full of anti-Latino commentary and American entitlement complex, for sure. Off to read.

Just an observation-the people who get most heated about this are people who have similar economic and social backgrounds to immigrants. There. I.said.it. You don't see rich people running around worried about immigrants.

Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 16>
  Share Topic