Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
K.U.R.E View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 20 2009 at 3:34pm
Originally posted by JulieGianni JulieGianni wrote:

Also, I think it's rather presumptuous of you to assume that this is anti-latino.

Illegal immigrants come from EVERYWHERE.

While your last statement is true, the hard data shows that immigration consists largely of Latino and Mexican immigrants. Who this really affects is the Latino community.
Sponsored Links

JulieGianni View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 20 2009 at 3:35pm
Originally posted by K.U.R.E K.U.R.E wrote:

Lol...immigration threads are always interesting.

Also, the main point of this is not to necessarily be pro-immigration or encourage immigration. It's about maximizing intellecutal power of NJ's workforce. What this is really about is money.

-They want these people educated so that they can get higher paying jobs=more taxes for states. If we continue to allow Latinos to drop out, there will be serious consequences for the US economy and our future.

I can't believe people are against this. Bigot much?

Really.

Name calling does not validate your argument.
natural girl View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 20 2009 at 3:36pm
However it seems a tad ridiculous to allow these same kids to go to high school and suddenly they are not able to go to college because they can't pay what local residents are paying. What do you think is gonna happen to them? Isn't it better for everybody that they become qualified and productive citizens?

Would it be better for Jerseyians if these kids stay on the block, idle, can't find a job and hitting YOU up for your wallet?
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 20 2009 at 3:37pm

Also, I think it's rather presumptuous of you to assume that this is anti-latino.

Illegal immigrants come from EVERYWHERE.

While your last statement is true, the hard data shows that immigration consists largely of Latino and Mexican immigrants. Who this really affects is the Latino community.

Right.

Because there are no large numbers of Polish, Chinese or Russian illegal immigrants.

I have experience working in Immigration Court.

I have seen people who immigrate to this country legally in under dire circumstances.

I have no sympathy for those who come illegally.

natural girl View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 20 2009 at 3:38pm
Guys, please let us have a peaceful discussion. No name calling or personal attacks. Smile TY. 
K.U.R.E View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

I had family that came over here legally.

I don't see the point in rewarding bad behavior.  I just don't.

And never mind, I went into debt for an education and I didn't qualify for in-state tuition ANYWHERE.

1. Did you ever stop and think that maybe your family had the money and privilege to immigrate to the US legally? No, you just gloss over that very important fact. Many in the world aren't so lucky.

2. What about looking at the bad behavior of corporations, politics, and policy makers. The people and institutions who allow illegal immigration to occur? Nope, it's easier to scapegoat people, isn't it? Out of all the people in the world, you would think we as blacks would be a little bit more aware of this fact.
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Originally posted by natural girl natural girl wrote:

However it seems a tad ridiculous to allow these same kids to go to high school and suddenly they are not able to go to college because they can't pay what local residents are paying. What do you think is gonna happen to them? Isn't it better for everybody that they become qualified and productive citizens?

Would it be better for Jerseyians if these kids stay on the block, idle, can't find a job and hitting YOU up for your wallet?
makes you wonder hu?
uppitynegroid View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 20 2009 at 3:39pm
The problem is that the federal government didn't do enough to prevent people from getting here in the first place.  Now we're stuck with the million of illegal aliens, and its really to our benefit that they integrate and assimilate as much as possible.  Its either this, or we feed them, clothe them, and provide them with health insurance while they're in prison.  I'll take option A.
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 20 2009 at 3:41pm

I had family that came over here legally.

I don't see the point in rewarding bad behavior.  I just don't.

And never mind, I went into debt for an education and I didn't qualify for in-state tuition ANYWHERE.

1. Did you ever stop and think that maybe your family had the money and privilege to immigrate to the US legally? No, you just gloss over that very important fact. Many in the world aren't so lucky.

2. What about looking at the bad behavior of corporations, politics, and policy makers. The people and institutions who allow illegal immigration to occur? Nope, it's easier to scapegoat people, isn't it? Out of all the people in the world, you would think we as blacks would be a little bit more aware of this fact.

Well, you know what, nobody told them to come here and nothing was promised to them.

The American public owes them nothing.

They took that chance when they crossed the border.

Lick3Shots View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 20 2009 at 3:42pm
Originally posted by natural girl natural girl wrote:

kure, I think why people are upset is that born and bred US citizens from out of the state in question would be paying out of state tuition. And that is not fair at all. If it wasn't such a huge disparity in the tuition rates, it would not be a  problem 

IA. I'm a legal immigrant and this pisses me off. In general, I don't have very strong feelings about illegal immigrants, but I am bothered by this. I pay out-of-state tuition for my school, despite having lived and worked in VA for years, and I can't even qualify for in-state tuition.

I'm not sure about VA's policy, but if it's the same as NJ's then I don't think that's fair.
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 16>
  Share Topic