It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
LadyCC View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 22 2009 at 3:34pm

For me the issue is with illegals getting a benefit that they did not contribute to - not whether or not they should be here.  We have legals and illegals committing crimes.  To say there would be less illegal criminals if we gave illegals something free so that they can become more productive would most likely get back the arguement that it would be less crime if they were not here at all as they are illegal.  There will always be two sides. 

But consider this....if the movement were strong wouldn't it be a little more progressed by now.  I mean there has been discussions on illegals for years.  I think they should become citizens to reap benefits - but then again that is not the title of this thread and that issue has only been discussed to support the reasoning behind not granting free benefits.  It has already been discussed that in-state is a benefit that citizens of that state have already paid for and/or contributed to through their state taxes. 

An illegal who is not a legal citizen of any state if granted this could potentially come from say Michigan and utilize in-state tuition in NJ.  Who is going to contradict?   A state citizen cannot do the same but has to pay taxes.   Its like these politicians always initiate these types of controversial  bills but when it comes down to who is going to pay?  They are not willing to give up what is needs to sustain it - they want someone else to pay for it and someone else says no.  The colleges are not willing to give up state incentives and tax breaks to pay this themselves - are they initiating the bill?  How about the politician take a cut in pay to pay for these and not the taxpayer.  How about taxpayers give to a charity type fund to help fund tuitions for illegals.

This same bill just failed in Colorado and NJ is still pending.   It may not even make it to the NJ voting floor.  Will be very interesting...

ETA:  I stand corrected....The person would have to have attended a NJ high school for 3 years to be eligible for in state in NJ colleges only.

ETA:  I stand corrected again...There are other states that offer the in-state tuition with proof of 3 years of high school AND must show documentation of applying for citizenship.  OK, were good here. Thumbs%20Up  I am guessing that these states are investing in these individuals as they will eventually become legal state tax paying citizens.  Besides the extr money that they would have paid would go into becoming citizens opposed to add'l tuition.

Edited by LadyCC - Apr 22 2009 at 3:53pm
Sponsored Links

newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 22 2009 at 3:44pm
i have nothing against illegal immigrants......i know plenty from the islands that are good people.

the point is they are getting something that american born and legal immigrants cannot get. Bottom line.
natural girl View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 22 2009 at 3:54pm
Originally posted by newdiva1 newdiva1 wrote:

i have nothing against illegal immigrants......i know plenty from the islands that are good people.

the point is they are getting something that american born and legal immigrants cannot get. Bottom line.
and that shouldn't be at all. Therein lies the problem.
LadyCC View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 22 2009 at 4:04pm
Originally posted by natural girl natural girl wrote:

Originally posted by newdiva1 newdiva1 wrote:

and that shouldn't be at all. Therein lies the problem.

Natural girl, that is the 2nd time you have made that statement and I have now gotten what you are saying and I have to say I agree BUT it is not possible to remedy.  The only way that I can see a possible remedy is if we all no longer pay state taxes.  Perhaps I'm missing some information that you may have.  Smile
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 22 2009 at 4:13pm
What's the point in allowing a child to go to high school for however many years then tell them they can't go to college in their hometown without paying three times their classmates? I'm not saying they shouldn't pay more. But it just seems like you've been stringing them along for the years prior in preparation to knock them down.

But you know what, at the end of the day, the  human resolve is powerful. If a person wants to make it, they will find a way. The same person paying three times as much today may just be the person doing your triple bypass surgery in 10 years. Or fighting for your freedom in a court of law because you were in the wrong  place at the wrong time. Or teaching your sons and daughters. And nursing your wounded soldiers.

God bless America.

newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 22 2009 at 4:19pm
what i don't understand is why are we supposed to the nice country..........for errybody else? yeah america is made up of immigrants but u should still be legal and documented to get sh*t. u got american born people poor as f*ck and it seems that they don't get the same help as illegals. if i were to go to france, england or even africa they would look at me crazy if i was expecting all this help and i ain't even got my paperwork together. they would kick me the f*ck out.
newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 22 2009 at 4:27pm
why is it bad for me to expect benefits n'sh*t cause i was born here above someone who wasn't? why is it bad for me to say yes i'm american and as a citizen i should be above an illegal immigrant.   yeah i was lucky to be born here but u got people that were lucky enough to be born rich. it's not my fault illegals are in the situation that they're in. i can't even begin to guess what they went thru at home but.................arrrgggg if u had to choose between your own childs education and an illegal i'm guessing u would pay for the illegal.
abercrombiebabe View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 22 2009 at 4:45pm
Originally posted by SimoneMardeeA SimoneMardeeA wrote:

smh some of you just don't get it and you probably never will unless you had to live one day in someone else shoes.

I'm guessing you have walked a mile in an illegal immigrant's shoes...right? Many of the illegal immigrants were not forced to come to this country, and I feel that they knew the consequences of being an ILLEGAL immigrant when they were coming. ILLEGAL is ILLEGAL. Are we going to start pardoning illegal drug trade because we feel bad for those selling drugs? Ermm

Smile
JulieGianni View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 22 2009 at 5:24pm

What's the point in allowing a child to go to high school for however many years then tell them they can't go to college in their hometown without paying three times their classmates? I'm not saying they shouldn't pay more. But it just seems like you've been stringing them along for the years prior in preparation to knock them down.

But you know what, at the end of the day, the  human resolve is powerful. If a person wants to make it, they will find a way. The same person paying three times as much today may just be the person doing your triple bypass surgery in 10 years. Or fighting for your freedom in a court of law because you were in the wrong  place at the wrong time. Or teaching your sons and daughters. And nursing your wounded soldiers.

God bless America.

The requirements are so low, how can you be sure that it is their "hometown".  Again, if another family from Mississippi decides to move to NJ with their kids, those kids should also qualify for instate tuition after three years in a NJ highschool.

And nobody is stringing them along or knocking them down. There are other options like less expensive schools, community college etc.

There are TENS OF THOUSANDS of law abiding, tax paying American families who cannot afford to send their children to their first choice college, private and public. 

And some how they make do they best way they know how.

Why should illegal immigrants have to do any less when it comes to a college education in New Jersey?
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 22 2009 at 5:26pm
I know what's coming after this, but I'm gonna share anyway.

The vast majority of the signers of the Declaration were 1st generation Americans, what we now refer to as "anchor babies" including Benjamin Franklin and John Hancock.

Others, though 2nd or 3rd generation were born in British colonies so what nationality were they??? And still others were from England, Ireland, Scotland and even the Ukraine!!!  Since green cards were not available, all immigrants must have been illegal :)

"Illegal" signers of the Declaration of independence:

Button Gwinnett-immigrant
Francis Lewis-immigrant
Robert Morris, Jr.-immigrant
James Smith-immigrant
George Taylor-immigrant
Matthew Thornton-immigrant
James Wilson-immigrant
John Witherspoon-immigrant
Charles Thomson -immigrant
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs