Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
CoCo Black Hair
Forum Home Forum Home > The Archives > Talk Archives
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Offering In-State Tuition to Illegals
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus
 

Forum LockedOffering In-State Tuition to Illegals

 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1213141516>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
JulieGianni View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member
Avatar

Joined: Nov 23 2006
Status: Offline
Points: 9307
Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 22 2009 at 2:13pm
Originally posted by natural girl natural girl wrote:

Juligianni, I have nothing against legal immigration. When did I say that? Please don't go acting like bhm folk, drawing absurd conclusions just because  I have certain opinions.
 
I'm just using the same logic you did when you stated that people feel nothing for those who are less fortunate and feel more for animals than illegal immigrants.
 
 
Back to Top
Sponsored Links


Back to Top
natural girl View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar

Joined: Mar 29 2006
Status: Offline
Points: 16207
Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 22 2009 at 2:35pm
Originally posted by JulieGianni JulieGianni wrote:

Originally posted by natural girl natural girl wrote:

Juligianni, I have nothing against legal immigration. When did I say that? Please don't go acting like bhm folk, drawing absurd conclusions just because  I have certain opinions.
 
I'm just using the same logic you did when you stated that people feel nothing for those who are less fortunate and feel more for animals than illegal immigrants.
 
 
That's not what I said. Yes, I read over the post you are referring to and I did not say that.
Back to Top
K.U.R.E View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Avatar

Joined: Jan 19 2009
Status: Offline
Points: 2582
Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 22 2009 at 2:46pm
We need to add lobster to that list. 
Back to Top
JulieGianni View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member
Avatar

Joined: Nov 23 2006
Status: Offline
Points: 9307
Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 22 2009 at 2:47pm
Then please help me understand your point in this:
 
 
Originally posted by natural girl natural girl wrote:

oh my dear drjo. It's so easy to sit on my perch of comfort and not feel a thing for the less fortunate. So so easy. Much easier to give rights to dogs, cats and deer. Stern%20Smile
 
 


Edited by JulieGianni - Apr 22 2009 at 2:48pm
Back to Top
natural girl View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar

Joined: Mar 29 2006
Status: Offline
Points: 16207
Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 22 2009 at 2:48pm
Exactly what it says. It's easy. 
Back to Top
JulieGianni View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member
Avatar

Joined: Nov 23 2006
Status: Offline
Points: 9307
Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 22 2009 at 2:57pm
Originally posted by natural girl natural girl wrote:

Exactly what it says. It's easy. 
 
Unless you're showing off your ghostwriting skills in that post, it's safe to say that you were intimating that people feel nothing for the less fortunate and would rather give rights to animals.
 
And just to point out to you
 
Not all immigrants are illegal aliens.
 
And not all of the less fortunate in this country are illegal aliens.
 
Therefore, just because one does not support illegal immigration does not make one anti-immigrant nor does it make one unsympathetic to the perils of the less fortuate.


Edited by JulieGianni - Apr 22 2009 at 2:59pm
Back to Top
talia View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member
Avatar

Joined: Oct 04 2007
Status: Offline
Points: 13950
Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 22 2009 at 2:59pm
Originally posted by natural girl natural girl wrote:


smh some of you just don't get it and you probably never will unless you had to live one day in someone else shoes. I am sure that there are many immigrants who are illegal even though they had countless other options. Then there are those, for whom this was truly, their last hope. If you had to choose between certain starvation with an early grave and taking your chances in someone else' country doing menial work, I doubt any of you would choose the former.And nothing is wrong with feeling empathy towards their plight. Because they are human just like us too. No different.


+999,999,999,999

I work with this population day in and day out and it's truly by choice, because I feel that my work is better served helping those who are in this predicament.   My students' parents experience some of the most horrific things that I can't even begin to imagine.....just so that their kids can have the opportunity to be able to have a future....who am I to judge the right or wrong of them being here? Everyday I hear stories about ICE raids in their neighborhoods and how little Anna, Maria or Jose's parents were taken away. I have empathy for them because they are human beings and because the children truly didn't have a choice in this matter...it's not like the parents sought their input before they made a run for it across the border.

The fact of the matter is they are here, no matter what our country does to prevent it, build a fence --- they will find a way to climb it, they will swim, sail, fly, walk in, or be smuggled in under the bed of a truck.   They will keep coming, no matter what ..... the government needs to find a way to deal with the fact that they can make them contributing members of society or leave them with the alternative of becoming illegal criminals, gang members and the like.
Back to Top
JulieGianni View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member
Avatar

Joined: Nov 23 2006
Status: Offline
Points: 9307
Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 22 2009 at 3:15pm
Talia I understand your point however, what I have issue with is the fact that if resident requirements are going to be THAT low for illegal immigrants what not hold American citizens to the same standard?
 
So if somebody from another state decides to uproot their family and take them to New Jersey, their children should qualify for instate tuition also.
 
No one said they shouldn't be able to go to college.  I just don't agree with giving them a  benefit that is not available to citizens or legal immigrants.
 
Hell, it wasn't until 2000 that residents who graduated from DC schools were eligable for in state tuition in Maryland and Virginia.
 
Before that if you couldn't afford full tuition your only option was going to the local community college.
Back to Top
Merin View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member
Avatar

Joined: Mar 19 2008
Status: Offline
Points: 24504
Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 22 2009 at 3:24pm
I have family that immigrated her legally, its very difficult , yet I still have sympathy fro the illegals. Ditto the person who pointed out its better to have them educated and contributing to society as opposed to sitting around.
The American Public owes them tons. Unfortunately much of our economy is defendant upon their labor. Do you know how much produce would cost if farmer actually were paying a fair wage. Not the mention the Billion they pay into our social security system.
Back to Top
talia View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member
Avatar

Joined: Oct 04 2007
Status: Offline
Points: 13950
Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 22 2009 at 3:25pm
JG - I agree with you now that I understand your point....hell let's take it even a level lower. Everyone should be able to get a good enough PUBLIC education that would allow them to graduate high school without their parents having to send them to private schools because public schools suck unless you live in a whyte upper SES district!

In state tuition should be the norm whether you reside in Mass. and want to go to Hawaii for college...I agree 120%. My point is that the illegal immigration problem isn't about to go away anytime soon, so we might as well deal with it.

Back to Top
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1213141516>
  Share Topic   

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down