Mynx Hair

Author
newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 22 2009 at 7:13am
Originally posted by Lick3Shots Lick3Shots wrote:

Originally posted by K.U.R.E K.U.R.E wrote:

Lickshots, cool the fook out. It's just the internet. And actually, no I was not referring to your post.

Finally, NO ONE can address my question, which is at the heart of the proposal in the first place- If you are brought to a country illgeally through no fault of your own, should you be punished for your parent's decision?
Keeping in mind how difficult it is to obtain US citizenship.

HAHA! This is so rich. I could say the same to you, but this line is so wack, and it's never been that deep in the first place.

Anyway,

I don't understand how they're being punished any more than any other out-of-state student or non-US citizen who is going to college. I could understand making these concessions for people who are actively trying to obtain their citizenship, or a visa, or even a permanent residence status, because it is a very long and arduous process. But if you're not even making that step, then no, I don't think that they should receive the same rights as citizens.

And, just like so many other immigrants who can't receive their citizenship, I think that if they're going to get caught up in gang life and all of that, then deport them.

IA.    If they are filing the necessary paperwork and u can track it and see that the are doing what the f*ck they gotta do then they should be able to stay and get said "american" priviliges.   If not..............sorry......errybody cain't be a winner.  System don't work that way.
Sponsored Links

Chyna_Li View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 22 2009 at 7:25am
Originally posted by TokyoRose TokyoRose wrote:

Julie,

Yes, you completely got my point.  Japan is not the only country with this strict stance on immigration.  Also, the history of Japan is pretty complicated because at one point in the not too distant past, Japan was NOT a unified country and they did consider themselves separate--sort of like a mini-Europe.  Is Japan xenophobic?  Not really.  They just do not have a very high tolorance for illegals.  There are plenty of opportunities for foreign people to go to Japan and make a life for themselves and their families as long as they do it legally.  So, why folks are happy Japan is not like America for that is just beyond me.  Here, anyone who follows the law has the right to go to school, have a decent job, take advantage of an excellent health care system, a pension system, housing, and anything else they want.  I just don't understand why it's okay for people who are not documented to be in a country, to take advantage of benefits that they did not pay into.  I also don't understand why people should feel sorry for those who are deported.  They already know the incredible risks they are taking for themselves and their families to go to other countries, but it is a trade off for a chance at a better life.

ClapClapClapClapClapClap
mujerc View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 22 2009 at 8:06am
Originally posted by Chyna_Li Chyna_Li wrote:

Originally posted by TokyoRose TokyoRose wrote:

Julie,

Yes, you completely got my point.  Japan is not the only country with this strict stance on immigration.  Also, the history of Japan is pretty complicated because at one point in the not too distant past, Japan was NOT a unified country and they did consider themselves separate--sort of like a mini-Europe.  Is Japan xenophobic?  Not really.  They just do not have a very high tolorance for illegals.  There are plenty of opportunities for foreign people to go to Japan and make a life for themselves and their families as long as they do it legally.  So, why folks are happy Japan is not like America for that is just beyond me.  Here, anyone who follows the law has the right to go to school, have a decent job, take advantage of an excellent health care system, a pension system, housing, and anything else they want.  I just don't understand why it's okay for people who are not documented to be in a country, to take advantage of benefits that they did not pay into.  I also don't understand why people should feel sorry for those who are deported.  They already know the incredible risks they are taking for themselves and their families to go to other countries, but it is a trade off for a chance at a better life.

ClapClapClapClapClapClap

+2
JulieGianni View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 22 2009 at 9:12am
Originally posted by natural girl natural girl wrote:

Originally posted by almasi almasi wrote:

People assume that it is sooo easy to immigrate to the united states legally.

If you aren't specialized enough to get a work permit, you can't use that. Mind you, my friend has 3 engineering degrees from UK and was told her employer has to prove that there is no American Citizen who can meet the minimum qualifications of the job before they can allow her to get a work permit.

Green Card Lotteries and marriages are the only ways for poor people to get citizenship, and
i. not all countries are elligible for citizenship - Mexico being one of them
ii. Fraudulent marriages can have you deported and fined

Assylum you have to show that you are a refugee for some valid reason and you will only have temporary residency.

That being said,
My beef with the tuition issue, is that states offer cheaper in-state tuition because those institutions are funded by state government and taxes. Thus outsiders are not to reap the benefits they didn't pay into.
So, unless illegal immigrants are paying taxes, they should not pay in-state tuition.
yup. like as if illegal immigrants really enjoy being illegal.

They must like being illegal or they wouldn't be here in the first place.

If they gained nothing by living in this country under their current status, they would just go home.
natural girl View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 22 2009 at 9:43am
smh some of you just don't get it and you probably never will unless you had to live one day in someone else shoes.

I am sure that there are many immigrants who are illegal even though they had countless other options. Then there are those, for whom this was truly, their last hope. If you had to choose between certain starvation  with an early grave and taking your chances in someone else' country doing menial work, I doubt any of you would choose the former.

And nothing is wrong with feeling empathy towards their plight. Because they are human just like us too. No different.

Edited by natural girl - Apr 22 2009 at 9:48am
drjo91 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 22 2009 at 9:54am
Oh sh*t, here we go again with the same BS.....Naturaleza now you know people don't get thatStern%20Smile. Nice try Naturaleza, nice try!!
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 22 2009 at 9:57am
oh my dear drjo. It's so easy to sit on my perch of comfort and not feel a thing for the less fortunate. So so easy. Much easier to give rights to dogs, cats and deer. Stern%20Smile
JulieGianni View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 22 2009 at 10:11am
Natural Girl, what do you have against legal immigration?

It is possible to enter this country legally. No, there is no open door policy, but what do you expect?

As a member of an immigrant family and having worked in immigration, I have seen people from all walks of life seeking entry into this country.

To respect our laws is not asking too much.

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 22 2009 at 10:31am
Juligianni, I have nothing against legal immigration. When did I say that? Please don't go acting like bhm folk, drawing absurd conclusions just because  I have certain opinions.

Edited by natural girl - Apr 22 2009 at 10:33am
LadyCC View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 22 2009 at 2:09pm
Originally posted by natural girl natural girl wrote:

oh my dear drjo. It's so easy to sit on my perch of comfort and not feel a thing for the less fortunate. So so easy. Much easier to give rights to dogs, cats and deer. Stern%20Smile

Of course it is cuz they were born here!  
LOL LOL LOL  Just kiddin'.  I know you were serious. Embarrassed

But I will say that there are folks on both sides of this debate and each has his or her own valid reasons for feeling the way that they do and that is the American way - democracy.  I think it seems a little unfair to say that you feel a thing for the less fortunate because you favor this amendment geared towards illegals as if to say that those who don't may not feel for the less fortunate.  I know many who give both money and time (I do) to charities that help the less fortunate and your right it has nothing to do helping an illegal receive a break in tuition.   

Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1112131415 16>
  Share Topic