It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
natural girl View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 21 2009 at 12:32am
kure please stop with the name calling.You can make your point without resorting to acting crazy being rude.

Ladies and gents, I think it's plain to see the problem with illegal imm isn't going anywhere. There are times in a situation, you have to choose the lesser of two evils,
don' t you agree?

Edited by natural girl - Apr 21 2009 at 12:40am
Sponsored Links

Lick3Shots View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 21 2009 at 12:41am
It's frustrating that it even has to come to choosing the lesser of two evils. Obviously the immigration and education systems need a drastic overhaul, but we have to worry about this ridiculous pishposh while the bigga heads kick back and do nothing.
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 21 2009 at 12:51am
i wonder how the native americans feel bout all these immigrants

ChubbyYeti View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 21 2009 at 12:52am
^^^I agree Lick3Shots.

Making and passing these bills really aren't do anything.  The people at the top really needs to take a seat and overhaul this whole immigration system.  It's obviously that this country was made on immigrants and we will continue to have immigrants, so instead of pitting people against each other with these little bills they need to think of a better way to make this work and I don't mean giving everyone amnesty.  If not, this will continue to be an issue. 

I read that only 5% of illegals pay income tax and only a 1/3 have taxes deducted from their paychecks by supplying fake social security numbers.  And out of that 1/3 it isn't determined how much is actually making it to the government and how much companies are pocketing.

It's obvious that they come over here to make a better life for themselves and they they want to work so why not make the process of becoming legal a little bit easier and maybe a little cheaper.  That way they are contributing by paying taxes.

But I don't think the answer is providing cheaper education and just giving them the benefits that comes with being a US citizen.

Edited by ChubbyYeti - Apr 21 2009 at 12:52am
K.U.R.E View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 21 2009 at 2:52am
Originally posted by afrokock afrokock wrote:

i wonder how the native americans feel bout all these immigrants

Afro, I'm sure they can't say much. Their people were almost obliterated and wiped out.

Yeti-

1. You should never EVER take me seriously. Yes, I did quote Kanye!!!!
2. I admit 100% that I'm a hypocrite, because guess what, I'm human. But I don't really see your point. What I was pointing out is that I think we need to look beyond our own history to see that we ain't the only ones who took it in the what what in the butt in the US.

Natural-
It's how I roll.

SL:

Again, WEAK AS HELL! Those statistics are irrelevant and prove nothing.

Thank god for midterms.  Star
Totallycool View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 21 2009 at 3:33am
Originally posted by JulieGianni JulieGianni wrote:

Also, how can you be a considered a resident of state when you aren't even recognized by the country the state is in?

THANKYOU. I am willing to roll with allowing illegals to pay instate tuition ONLY IF every US citizen gets the same treament acroos every state. Its unfair. The US is seriously one of the few countries that will allow their own citizens to squabble and benefit immigrants more.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 21 2009 at 8:33am
Originally posted by Totallycool Totallycool wrote:

Originally posted by JulieGianni JulieGianni wrote:

Also, how can you be a considered a resident of state when you aren't even recognized by the country the state is in?

THANKYOU. I am willing to roll with allowing illegals to pay instate tuition ONLY IF every US citizen gets the same treament acroos every state. Its unfair. The US is seriously one of the few countries that will allow their own citizens to squabble and benefit immigrants more.
therein lies the problem!
TokyoRose View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 21 2009 at 9:51am
Okay, you'll all have  to bear with me because I have been living in Japan for quite a while, but...I am failing to understand why not giving benefits to illegals is even a discussion?

In Japan, the laws are a heck of a lot stricter here.  First off, children of illegal parents can't go to school because of the documentation necessary to enroll them.  Is it seriously that easy to enroll illegal children into the American school system?  (Please let me know, because I don't have kids, so I don't know the process).  Never mind what they will do to you if you are caught as an illegal citizen.  If you are a foreigner in Japan, the police can stop you at any time and ask for your foreigner identification card.  If you don't have it on you, they can haul you down to the police station and hold you there until someone goes and gets it for you.  If you are caught with an expired visa or doing anything outside of your visa specifications, they can (and do) arrest you and you can get booted out of the country for 5 years.  There is even a website where your Japanese neighbors can write annonymous emails to the immigration office if they find your behavior "suspicious" and depending on how much time immigration officers have on their hands, they may or may not check it out.  People HAVE been busted like that before.  For Japan, it's  pretty easy to put these harsh rules into perspective when they only grant, like, 5 people political asylum per year.  The requirements for being a Japanese citizen are a hell of a lot harder than they are for becoming a U.S. citizen.

I am also not understanding why people are making the children the victims.  The parents know exactly what the risks are for bringing themselves AND any other undocumented family member into a country they are not legally allowed to be in.  It's fine to want to make everyone in your country a productive citizen--but shouldn't that be the bare minimum--that they should be a CITIZEN?  Otherwise, what's the point of passports, lengthy documents for short-term stays and even country citizenship if just anyone can sail over a boarder of any country and make a life wherever and whenever they see fit? 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 21 2009 at 10:11am
Hello Tokyo. You've been gone a while.

To respond, the USA isn't Japan. Thank Heavens.
JulieGianni View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 21 2009 at 12:09pm
Originally posted by natural girl natural girl wrote:

Hello Tokyo. You've been gone a while.

To respond, the USA isn't Japan. Thank Heavens.

I believe her point is that every country has immigration laws and that when it comes to enforcement America is pretty laxed.
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213 16>
  Share Topic