Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

Offended by my boss today

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 1.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
DiorShowGirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote DiorShowGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 14 2013 at 12:24am
Originally posted by BBpants BBpants wrote:

All this chicken talk is making me hungry

please pass me a piece and with some honey also??? thanks...
Sponsored Links

liesnalibis View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote liesnalibis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 14 2013 at 4:04am
It was just a joke.
newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (11) Thanks(11)   Quote newdiva1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 14 2013 at 7:40am
hmmm......you're only mad because I assume you don't have that type of relationship with your boss.  Your boss basically thought he would...jovially jump into a conversation thinking that all would be well since you joke with Jeff like this.  What he said wasn't that bad considering.  You could have simply pulled something from the dozens and K.I.M.  Now there's going to be a strange, unnecessary tension betwixt the three of you for the rest of your time there. Like other people stated...you kinda opened the door with this one.  I mean...I understand your side of it but...*shrugs*  You might not have a friendly relationship with your boss like you do Jeff but your boss don't know that. 

I have white co-workers that I have worked with for 10+ years and we really don't speak on anything regarded to race...or very rarely.  Anything can be misconstrued and the next thing you know you gettin' called to HR over an honest misunderstanding because folks got caught in their feelings.  We all know this so we don't even go there.
tropical-punch View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote tropical-punch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 14 2013 at 7:42am
See that's why you can't even fuxs with em.
keelolo1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keelolo1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 14 2013 at 8:05am
Originally posted by newdiva1 newdiva1 wrote:

hmmm......you're only mad because I assume you don't have that type of relationship with your boss.  Your boss basically thought he would...jovially jump into a conversation thinking that all would be well since you joke with Jeff like this.  What he said wasn't that bad considering.  You could have simply pulled something from the dozens and K.I.M.  Now there's going to be a strange, unnecessary tension betwixt the three of you for the rest of your time there. Like other people stated...you kinda opened the door with this one.  I mean...I understand your side of it but...*shrugs*  You might not have a friendly relationship with your boss like you do Jeff but your boss don't know that. 

I have white co-workers that I have worked with for 10+ years and we really don't speak on anything regarded to race...or very rarely.  Anything can be misconstrued and the next thing you know you gettin' called to HR over an honest misunderstanding because folks got caught in their feelings.  We all know this so we don't even go there.

Well said. I don't really speak with anyone at my job but jeff. My azz will keep quiet for now on cause my boss stay jumping in folks ish. Jeff warned me that he is notorious for that.
tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 14 2013 at 8:17am
Originally posted by tropical-punch tropical-punch wrote:

See that's why you can't even fuxs with em.

every part of that conversation goes against my rule of conduct with them.
Malexandre View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (11) Thanks(11)   Quote Malexandre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 14 2013 at 8:29am
I am sorry but this is ridiculous... So it is ok for you to say things like "he s the blackest white guy" cause he likes chocolate women but when your boss does the same thing its a problem and you get offended... Black people always so fast to pull out the racist card . If race is a sensitive matter to you then don't joke around using race with white people. Next thing you know your friend jeff is gonna say something to you in the same purpose of being funny and you are going to call him a racist. 
Bottom line at work keep your relationship professional.
IslandSuga View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote IslandSuga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 14 2013 at 8:30am
If you can't have that friendly sarcastic relationship with all of them, don't have one at all. If you must have a friend you can joke with, keep it on the low low. You opened the door and you're mad that your boss walked right in it while your homie stopped to wipe his feet.
kfoxx1998 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote kfoxx1998 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 14 2013 at 1:04pm
The boss is probably still looking for his "one black friend".   Poor thing. He tried it, now he can move on to the next potential.  You're takenLOL
Eden. View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote Eden. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 14 2013 at 1:20pm
give white ppl a pass they'll take 500 years.

u lauce

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>