Obese toddler has gastric bypass surgery

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
Printer_Ink View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Printer_Ink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 20 2013 at 7:27am

Yes, but bypass surgery does not always work. About 25% of patients go back to the old eating habits and get fat again.

I think in this case.. they had to SOMETHING to offset his weight gain if his legs are bowed and whatnot. But the bypass was just a bandaid ...  they need to get at the root of the problem.
Sponsored Links

AwesomeAries View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AwesomeAries Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 20 2013 at 7:56am
if they don't change his diet he gone be right back to the same size 
Ladybird0724 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ladybird0724 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 20 2013 at 10:14pm
Originally posted by melikey melikey wrote:

there might have been something wrong where his brain wasn't getting the signal that he was hungry when he wasn't.
making the stomach small physically prevents him from eating himself to death. 
they need better research and medicine for this.
i also think some of the hormones we feed animals to make them gain weight faster are being passed up the food chain. 
these are my random thoughts and i am not willing to defend them, so don't come for me fat is a choice policeLOL

but that is basically a symptom of Prader's: the insatiable appetite combined w/ the inability to understand when they are full. so they will gorge themselves until they get sick, and still want to eat. you basically have to keep food under lock and key. 

i don't think making the stomach smaller doesn't necessarily mean that the drive to eat will go away. i have worked w/ a few kids w/ Prader's and once they see food, they cannot control themselves.

the kid from SA in the pics didn't have it. the 4yr old mentioned at the end of the article did, and i would be interested to see how that works out in the future.

it sounds like the kid from SA would have benefited from a stricter diet monitored by doctors on a daily basis or something...the surgery is too extreme.
Naturalchick30 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Naturalchick30 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 20 2013 at 10:25pm
Originally posted by mizzsandra00 mizzsandra00 wrote:

He is too young for this and this is child abuse.
This
shantel75 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shantel75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 21 2013 at 1:24am
Originally posted by GoodGirlGoneGr8 GoodGirlGoneGr8 wrote:

Wow, I feel like there should've been another alternative introduced before proceeding with the gastric bypass...

Glad he's lost weight though...
natalie2u View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote natalie2u Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 21 2013 at 1:43am
why didn't the rolls on his arm change? Are we sure it's not photo shopped? anyway,if it's true,i'd love to know how he looks in a few years.
Prazol60 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prazol60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 21 2013 at 3:35am
After reading that report on this case, I really question if this is real. It is kinda strange.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic