BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Obama: 'Trayvon Martin could have been me'

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 242526

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 6 Votes, Average 4.33  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Naturalchick30 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Naturalchick30 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 20 2013 at 5:25am
Originally posted by zolloh zolloh wrote:

This was a red meat speech to appease black people while the main message was letting them down gently:

Quote The judge conducted the trial in a professional manner. The prosecution and the defense made their arguments. The juries (sic) were properly instructed that in a – in a case such as this, reasonable doubt was relevant. And they rendered a verdict.

And once the jury’s spoken, that’s how our system works…

But beyond protests or vigils, the question is: Are there some concrete things that we might be able to do? I know that Eric Holder is reviewing what happened down there, but I think it’s important for people to have some clear expectations here. Traditionally, these are issues of state and local government. The criminal code and law enforcement is traditionally done at the state and local levels, not at the federal levels

Translation: sign all petitions you want, go out and protest in 100 cities tomorrow but no civil rights case is coming. He gave both sides something to nibble on, classic politispeak.

Welp...
Sponsored Links

Starrygurl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Starrygurl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 20 2013 at 5:30pm
Originally posted by Random Thoughts Random Thoughts wrote:

Originally posted by ModelessDiva ModelessDiva wrote:

Originally posted by mizzsandra00 mizzsandra00 wrote:

So what he gon do then?

this.
without action this means nothing

WHat should he do?

It felt like all talk and no action. Did he personally visit them yet or something?
OrriannaRose View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote OrriannaRose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 20 2013 at 7:08pm
Originally posted by Lilaca Lilaca wrote:

nxt time a pork chop states references to extremists  say,

'yeah i know too many white people about'

Translation please? LOLLOL
sexibeach View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 20 2013 at 8:20pm
Originally posted by Naturalchick30 Naturalchick30 wrote:

Originally posted by zolloh zolloh wrote:

This was a red meat speech to appease black people while the main message was letting them down gently:

Quote The judge conducted the trial in a professional manner. The prosecution and the defense made their arguments. The juries (sic) were properly instructed that in a – in a case such as this, reasonable doubt was relevant. And they rendered a verdict.

And once the jury’s spoken, that’s how our system works…

But beyond protests or vigils, the question is: Are there some concrete things that we might be able to do? I know that Eric Holder is reviewing what happened down there, but I think it’s important for people to have some clear expectations here. Traditionally, these are issues of state and local government. The criminal code and law enforcement is traditionally done at the state and local levels, not at the federal levels

Translation: sign all petitions you want, go out and protest in 100 cities tomorrow but no civil rights case is coming. He gave both sides something to nibble on, classic politispeak.

Welp...

could it be that he's a lawyer and understand's the judicial process.. hell i'm upset but b/c i work in that area, i understand you can't overturn this verdict without law to make it get overturned. 
india100 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote india100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 20 2013 at 8:59pm
Heart
Now this pic is too gangsta!!!   #riptrayvonmartin #skittles #nojusticenopeace. If you LIKE this pic click LIKE!!&amp;amp;#13;&amp;amp;#10;&amp;amp;#13;&amp;amp;#10;Like our store for more than 24 years we have specialized in OUR CULTURE...including natural hair products, cultural gifts, books, sorority &amp;amp; fraternity items &amp;amp; much more www.facebook.com/AfricanAmericanArt!&amp;amp;#13;&amp;amp;#10; &amp;amp;#13;&amp;amp;#10;Shop online at www.GreekStuff.com &amp;amp; LIKE www.facebook.com/GreekStuff!&amp;amp;#13;&amp;amp;#10; &amp;amp;#13;&amp;amp;#10;Follow us at www.twitter.com/CurlyCuties.&amp;amp;#13;&amp;amp;#10;Follow us at www.instagram.com/AfricanAmericanArt.&amp;amp;#13;&amp;amp;#10;Follow us at www.pinterest.com/aframerart.&amp;amp;#13;&amp;amp;#10; &amp;amp;#13;&amp;amp;#10;LIKE &amp;amp; SHARE!!
Alias_Avi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alias_Avi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 22 2013 at 10:52am
Hmm...

Originally posted by abagond abagond wrote:

@ Matari

“Obama is only an actor (aka polititian) playing his role… why anyone would believe that he truly cares about Trayvon while simultaneously directing/permitting drone attacks that kill children elsewhere on this planet defies any semblance of rational/logical thought. One’s mind should never be in a state of constant flux.”

OMG, right! And it is not just his reckless disregard for the lives of brown children. Because of signature strikes by drones – where Obama kills not known terrorists but males of military age who seem to be up to no good – Obama could have said:

“I could have been Trayvon Martin but I am George Zimmerman.”

“Damned if he does mention Trayvon and damned if he doesn’t mention Trayvon.”

Maybe, hopefully, the Zimmerman verdict is a wake-up call for him, but as far as I can tell so far it has not. On the one hand he was able to talk for 17 minutes about black people without scolding them for their failings, so maybe he is changing. On the other hand:

1. He did not personally call out the racism in the Zimmerman case.

2. His proposed actions require little political capital on his part. None of them require him to stand up to the Republican Party.

Obama kills people who look like they are up to no good – the signature drone strikes. How is that morally different than what Zimmerman did?

What makes it even worse is that Obama should have known better. It seems at first he did but he has since made his peace with it – and with much else that white presidents do and do not do.

kfoxx1998 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kfoxx1998 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 22 2013 at 10:56am
IA that the drone strikes are fcked up but really hate seeing these two issues mashed up.   Racism is an institution that has existed for hundreds of years in this country and black people are sick to death of it. 

Cant really explain why one is more important to me than the other but it is.  Sorry.
Sang Froid View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Sang Froid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 22 2013 at 11:04am
People only give a about drone strikes when it's time to bash the black man.
They can miss me with all that. 
Naturalchick30 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Naturalchick30 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 22 2013 at 11:04am
Originally posted by Starrygurl Starrygurl wrote:

Originally posted by Random Thoughts Random Thoughts wrote:

Originally posted by ModelessDiva ModelessDiva wrote:

Originally posted by mizzsandra00 mizzsandra00 wrote:

So what he gon do then?

this.
without action this means nothing

WHat should he do?

It felt like all talk and no action. Did he personally visit them yet or something?
Hmm..
carolina cutie View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carolina cutie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 22 2013 at 12:27pm
Originally posted by Sang Froid Sang Froid wrote:

People only give a about drone strikes when it's time to bash the black man.
They can miss me with all that. 
SO damn true.DeadLOL

I was on a political website and there were so many threads after the trial b&tching about 'will the potus make a special statement about *Insert yt person issue here* like he did Trayvon Martin?'
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 242526