Forum Home Forum Home > Skin Care > Dark Spots
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

Obagi Nu Derm

Post Reply Post Reply
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
TemiM1993 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TemiM1993 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Obagi Nu Derm
    Posted: Jul 28 2014 at 4:13am
Hey guys, I would really appreciate some help from anyone who is familiar with this skin care line.

First of all let me start by saying at this moment in time, my skin is probably the best its looked in a long time. I've pretty much gotten my acne under control. But its still faaaar from perfect. Dark marks are my main problem. But other than that, like I said, i'm quite happy. 

I went to a dermatologist expecting to get a peel, but instead she put me on the obagi nu derm system. I got the travel sized pack cause I was a bit skeptical. Tbh, after doing some research, it seems that many are quite happy with the results. But i have a few questions that I hope you guys can help me with.

1. I'm really cautious about using chemicals on my face. In fact I try to avoid them as much as possible. I currently use all natural products on my face. Honey + ACV toner in the morning. Oil cleansing method + ACV toner at night. Like I said, this has resulted in me getting a lot less acne. So, do you guys think I can carry one with this method of cleansing, and just use the Clear and Blender + tretinoin combo. I've heard that those are the main parts of the regime anyway since they contain the powerful stuff. Some people even buy them on their own. So in other words I wouldnt be using the obagi cleanser and toner (not sure about the exfoliator). What do you ladies think?

2. I'm also a bit worried about the whole "maintenance" thing. Like I said earlier, i'm really weary about chemicals. So my plan was to use the system up until all my dark marks had faded. But I've read some comments were people say if you do that, the pigmentation comes back. How is that possible? If the only reason I got the marks in the first place was due to acne, surely it only makes sense that i'd get marks if I continue to get acne. And since my acne is under control now, why should I still be getting marks. Where exactly does the pigmentation "come back" from if the regime is meant to lighten them.

3. And finally, does this really bleach black skin??? I've gotten mixed results upon research. This part really freaks me out. I'm brown skin but I really like my complexion and I don't want to get any lighter. I'd look so weird cause my face would be lighter than the rest of my body. Or is the bleaching only temporary perhaps?

Sorry for the long post guys, but I really want to make sure I get this right. If any of you have any further advice or tips please share your experiences. Thanks in advance :)
Sponsored Links

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply